Sweeper cum Porter, Helper Gr. II, Safaiwala, Peon, Mali, Helper Gr.II, Vendor, Sanitary Cleaner , Jobs & Vacancy in Others at Southern Railway, Chennai Aug 2012
Job or Vacancy Description:
Applications in the prescribed format are invited from eligible Indian Nationals for filling up of following 2461 various Group-D posts in Southern Railway, Chennai in the pay scale of Rs.5200-20200 grade pay Rs.1800/- (age : 18-33 years as on 01/01/2012) :
Sweeper cum Porter, Helper Gr. II, Safaiwala, Peon, Mali, Helper Gr.II, Vendor, Sanitary Cleaner
Application Fee : Rs.40/- in the form of DD/ IPO in favour of The Assistant Personnel Officer/ Recruitment, RRC, Chennai – 600080 and payableat Chennai. Candidates belonging to SC/ST, PWD(PH), Women, Minority Communities and Economically Backward Classes/Sections are exempted from payment of examination fees.
How to Apply : Applications in the prescribed format complete in all respects along with required enclosures should be sent by post to the Assistant Personnel Officer/ Recruitment, Raliway Recruitment Cell, Southern Railway No.5, 3rd Floor, Dr. P.V. Cherian Crescent Road, Egmore, Chennai – 600080,
1. Applications can be had from the Office of the Senior Divisional Commercial Manger, …………………………..Southern Railway, on production of Money Receipt amounting to Rs……./- paid at Booking office,…………………. station towards application form for appointment of RTSA.Applicants can be downloaded and sent to the address mentioned duly enclosing DD for Rs………../-. (Rupees …………………………………… only).
2. Appointment of Rail Travellers’ Service Agents (RTSAs) is done as per the provisions of RTSA Rules, as amended from time to time.
3. Selection and appointment of RTSAs will be done by the Divisions since the Reservation offices are directly under the control of Divisional Railway Managers and the composition of committee for selection of RTSAs are decided by the respective Divisional Railway Managers.
4. The licence will be valid for a period of three years.The security deposit on furnishing of which the licence shall be issued or renewed shall be Rs.15,000/- in cash and Bank Guarantee for Rs.40,000/. There shall be no accrual of interest on the said deposit. The fees on payment of which the licence shall be issued or renewed shall be Rs.3,000/- and Rs.1,500/- for any additional licence for a Railway in the same station.
5. The agent shall not charge more than Rs.25 per passenger as service charges for securing reservation in classes other than second classes and Rs.15/- per passenger in the sleeper classes.
6. The number of identity cards to be issued to RTSA is to be decided by respective divisions, but not exceed five identity cards.
7. In the event of my application being accepted, I promise to pay the advance license fee, security deposit and other charges as indicated by the Railway administration in the letter of acceptance and sign an agreement as per the draft supplied to me and to take up the agency within thirty days, duly making required payments within 14 days from the date of acceptance.
8. I agree that until a formal agreement is prepared and executed the acceptance of this application shall constitute a binding contract as per the terms and conditions for acceptance of the contract subject to modifications, as may be mutually agreed to and indicated in the “ letter of acceptance” of my/our offer for this contract. Payment of stamp duty, on agreement to be executed in pursuance of this offer and other incidental expenditure in connection with the contract shall be borne by me/us.
Tentative Last Date: 12-10-2012
About the organization:
The Commercial Department is responsible for the marketing & sale of the transportation provided by a railway, for creating and developing traffic, for securing and maintaining friendly relations with the traveling and trading public and for cultivating good public relations generally. The fixing of rates, fares and other charges and the correct collection, accountant and remittance of traffic receipts are also among its functions. The Chief Commercial Manager, as Head of the Commercial Department, is responsible to the General Manager for the efficient working of the Commercial Department. He is assisted by officers in different grades at the Head Quarter Office and in the Divisions including Area Officers where provided.”competent authority” means the Chief Commercial Superintendent of the Zonal Railway concerned at stations where the Railway Reservation Offices are directly under his control and in other cases the concerned Divisional Rail Manager or any officer authorized by such Chief Commercial Superintendent or such Divisional Rail Manager, as the case may be discharged his functions under these rules; (circular dated 30-7-1987)An application for issue of a license shall be made to the competent authority in Form I (Annexed).On receipt of an application, the competent authority after making such inquiry, if any as it may consider necessary, shall order to issue the license authorizing the applicant to act as a rail travellers’ service agent or for reasons to be recorded in writing refuse to issue the same.
Government of India
Ministry of Railways
Southern Railway (SR), Chennai (Tamilnadu)
Click above to download
the vacancy details