Cultural and Scouts & Guides quota, Jobs & Vacancy in Others at Southern Railway, Chennai Dec 2012
Job or Vacancy Description:
Applications are invited from Indian Citizens, for recruitment to posts in Pay Band Rs.5200/- – 20, 200 in Southern Railway, against Cultural And Scouts And Guides Quota for the year 2012 – 2013.
1.Quota : Cultural : 02
Grade Pay : Rs. 1900/-
2.Quota : Scouts & Guides : 02
Grade Pay : Rs. 1900/-
3.Quota : Scouts & Guides : 12
Grade Pay : Rs. 1800/-
Cultural Quota :
Essential : Candidates should possess Degree/Diploma/Certificate in Music from Government Recognised Institute.
Desirable Qualification :
i) Experience in the field and performance given on AIR/Doordarshan, etc.
ii) Prizes won at national level.
Scouts & Guides Quota :
i) A president’s Scout/Guide/Ranger/Rover (or) Himalayan Wood Badge Holder (or) A pre-HWB trained Scout leaded/Advanced Trained Guider/Leaded/Captain.
ii) Should have been an active member of a organisation for at least 3 (three) years in recent past and should continue to be active.
iii) Should have attended at least one event at National Level and one or two events at State Level; (or) Should have a good record of participation in Scouts/Guided at Unit/District level;
Mode of Selection : Written test
Grade Pay 1900/- : 18 – 30 years
Grade Pay 1800/- : 18 – 33 years
Fee : Rs.40/-
Demand Draft(DD) / Indian Postal Orders(IPO), drawn in favour of ‘Assistant Personnel Officer (Recruitment)’, payable at Chennai
How to Apply :
i) Application format can be downloaded from the website.
ii) Application in the prescribed format, complete in all respects along with all the enclosures should be sent to the following address, in a cover, duly superscribing
“APPLICATION FOR RECRUITMENT AGAINST CULTURAL QUOTA” (or)
“APPLICATION FOR RECRUITMENT AGAINST SCOUTS & GUIDES QUOTA – GRADE PAY RS.1900/-” (or)
“APPLICATION FOR RECRUITMENT AGAINST SCOUTS & GUIDES QUOTA – GRADE PAY RS.1800/-”The Assistant Personnel Officer/Recruitment,Railway Recruitment Cell, Southern Railway,No.5, 3rd Floor, Dr. P.V.Cherian Crescent Road,Egmore, Chennai – 600 008
1. History of Scouting/Guiding; Law & Promise; Organization -â€˜District & State Level; Training Centre – District & State Level; Knowledge of Books; Scouting for Boys/Guiding for Girls in India; Motto left hand shake; Salute; Prayer; Flag song; National Anthem; Know the National & Scouting flags; Social Services at various occasions; Hiking; Proficiency Badges,
2. How these are earned?; Stages in Scouting/Guiding, Thinking Day; Progressive Training of Scouts/Guides/Rovers/Rangers; Pioneering; Handicrafts; Indian Railway Jamborette; National Jamborette; Jamborette on the Air.
3. Organisation at National level; National Training Centres, WAGGGS/WOSM-Uprashtrapati Award Competition; Prime Minister Shield Competition; Community Development Programmes; Aims and Methods of Scouting;
4. candidate should have attended at least one National event besides one or two State level events.
5. List of events attended by a candidate or general certificate issued indicating that the candidate is active for so many years should be signed by the Group Leader and counter signed by the State/District Commissioner/Secretary (Scouts & Guides).
Tentative Last Date:
Closing date and Time for receipt of applications : 14.12.2012
Tentative date for written Examination : 03.02.2013
About the organization:
In the light of announcement made by Honorable Minister for Railways in his Budget (Railway) Speech for 2005-2006 and in accordance with the instructions issued by Ministry of Railways (Railway Board), Railway Recruitment Cell has been formed for recruitment of Group ’D’ staff in Railways.Railway Recruitment Cell, Southern Railway is situated in a serene, picturesque atmosphere at No.5, 3rd Floor, Dr.P.V.Cherian Crescent Road, Behind Ethiraj Women’s College, Egmore, Chennai- 600008.Railway Recruitment Cell is headed by a Deputy Chief Personnel Officer/Recruitment, who is assisted by an Assistant Personnel Officer/Recruitment and 10 staff in Group ‘C’ and Group ‘D’.The Railway Recruitment Cell is handling the following recruitments..Â Recruitment of candidates in Group ‘D’ inÂ Southern Railway and Integral Coach Factory.Â Recruitment of candidates in Group ‘D’ inÂ Southern Railway against Scouts & Guides quota.Â Recruitment of candidates in Group ‘C’ in Southern Railway against Scouts & Guides quota.Â Recruitment of candidates in Group ‘C’ in Southern Railway against Cultural quota.
Southern Railway Railway Recruitment Cell
No.5, 3rd Floor, Dr. P.V.Cherian Crescent Road,
Egmore, Chennai – 600 008
Click above to download
the vacancy details