Helper-II,Khalashi,Store Khalashi,Peon,Sweeper,Safaiwala,Helper-II,Chowkidar,Porter,Waiting Room Bearer, Jobs & Vacancy in Others at Eastern Railway, Kolkata Aug 2012
Job or Vacancy Description:
Applications in the prescribed format are invited from eligible Indian Nationals for filling up of following 1990 various Group-D posts in Eastern Railway, Kolkata in the pay scale of Rs.5200-20200 grade pay Rs.1800/- (age : 18-33 years as on 01/01/2012) :
Helper-II/Khalashi/ Store Khalashi/ Peon/Sweeper/ Safaiwala/ Helper-II/ Chowkidar/ Porter/ Waiting Room Bearer/ Parcel Porter/ W.B.Portar/Station Peon/ Call Peon/ Keyman/ Gateman
Application Fee : Rs.40/- in the form of DD/ IPO in favour of Assistant Personnel Officer (Recruitment), Railway Recruitment Cell, Eastern Railway” payable at “KOLKATA. Candidates belonging to SC/ST, PWD(PH), Women, Minority Communities and Economically Backward Classes/Sections are exempted from payment of examination fees.
How to Apply : Applications in the prescribed format complete in all respects along with required enclosures should be sent by post to the Assistant Personnel Officer (Recruitment), Railway Recruitment Cell, Eastern Railway, 56, C.R.Avenue, RITES Building, 1st Floor, Kolkata – 700 012,
1. Railway Recruitment Cell–Eastern Railway/Kolkata, has started the process of distributing the applications of provisionally empanelled candidates to the various Divisions and Workshops of Eastern Railway and Chittaranjan Locomotive Works. The Divisions and Workshops of Eastern Railway and Chittaranjan Locomotive Works will in turn send the call letters to the concerned provisionally empanelled candidates in due course of time. It is apprehended that this process may take another two months’ time.
2. The appointment of provisionally panelled candidates by RRC-ER/Kolkata for appointment to Gr. ‘D’ post in scale Rs.2550-3200/-(RSRP) & Rs.2610-3540/-(RSRP) subject to fitness in requisite medical test/category, verification of character, antecedents, verification of original mark sheets, certificates of educational qualification, proof of age and caste certificate.
3. The panel is provisional. While every care has been taken in preparation of the panel as per orders of Hon’ble CAT/Calcutta Bench, the possibilities of inadvertent errors cannot be ruled out. The empanelment does not confer any right to appointment and in case any deficiency is noticed at any stage, the empanelment of the candidate is liable to be cancelled.
4. Candidates are advised to apply to one zonal Railway of their choice. It may be noted that Written Examination will be held on the same day simultaneously by all the Railways. Similarly Physical Efficiency Test (PET) will also be held during the same period simultaneously by all the Railways.
5. The number of vacancies shown is provisional and is liable to increase or decrease. No consequential damage/loss or refund of fee will be made to the applicant on this account.Female candidates are also eligible. They may however, note that the nature of duties is arduous and may involve outdoor and night working.
6. Selected candidates are likely to be posted anywhere on the concerned Zonal Railway after successful completion of training, wherever prescribed.Candidates should send their application sufficiently in advance before the closing date to the Railway Recruitment Cell, Eastern Railway. RRC-ER will not be responsible for any postal delay/wrong delivery whatsoever at any stage of the selection process.
7. The size of the column for correspondence address in Application Form is 8 x 4 cm. The same should not be changed under any circumstance.All candidates irrespective of community will be considered for UR vacancy except PWD (PH). However, against specific community quota, only candidates of that particular community will be considered including PWD (PH).
8. Caste certificate from competent authority for SC/ST and OBC candidates in the prescribed format have to be produced as given in Annexure I and II respectively.If the candidates wish to be considered against a specific community quota and fill the community column accordingly, their application will be rejected unless proof of community in the prescribed format is enclosed.
9. Any subsequent representation for change of community status will not be entertained under any circumstances.Before applying to the post, the candidates should ensure that he/she fulfils the eligibility and other criteria. RRC-ER would be free to reject any application not fulfilling the requisite criteria, at any stage of recruitment, and if erroneously appointed, such candidates shall be liable summary termination of service without notice.
Tentative Last Date: 16-10-2012
About the organization:
Ministry of Railway’s (Railway Board) vide their letter No. E(NG)-II/96/RR-1/62 dated 18-07-05 delegated powers for Recruitment to Group ‘D’ post to General Managers. In pursuance to this Railway Recruitment Cell was opened in Eastern Railway.Railway Recruitment Cell is entrusted with the responsibility to make recruitment to all Group ‘D’ posts on Eastern Railway and other units in it’s jurisdiction. RRC-ER is headed by Dy. CPO (Recruitment). He is assisted by one Asstt. Personnel Officer (Recruitment), The Cell has 12 pinpointed Group ‘C’ posts (at present 4 posted) and 5 Group ‘D’ staff on roll.RRC-ER caters to requirement of Group-D manpower in Head Office of Eastern Railway, its Divisions – Howrah, Sealdah, Asansol and Malda, and Workshops – Liluah, Kanchrapara, Jamalpur. It is also supposed to meet Group-D requirement of Production Unit – Chittaranjan Locomotive Works, Chittaranjan.The selection process is subject to rules and regulations issued / mailed by General Manager, Eastern Railway and Ministry of Railway’s (Railway Board, Government of India) which includes reservation of jobs for certain castes/ communities such as Schedule caste (SC), Schedule Tribes (ST), other backward classes (OBC) etc.Employment Notifications calling for applications from eligible candidates is published in News Papers of Zonal jurisdictions of Eastern Railway (comprising of Divisional Headquarters at Howrah, Sealdah, Asansol, Malda, and other workshops, extra divisional units in the territorial jurisdictions of Eastern Railway). Indicative notifications for the same is also published in the Employment news and two national dailies.The time period given to apply in response to notifications is not less than 30 days. The applications received in the time period prescribed are scrutinized with reference to criteria published in the notification.Schedule of Written examination is also published in News papers and employment news.
Government of India
Ministry of Railways
Eastern Railway (ER), Kolkata (West Bengal)
Click above to download
the vacancy details