Jr. Engineer (Civil) (Degree),Jr. Engineer (Civil) (Diploma),Jr. Engineer (Electrical) (Degree),Jr. Engineer (Electrical) (Diploma), Jobs & Vacancy in Engineering at Public Works Department, Jaipur Jun 2012
Job or Vacancy Description:
Online applications are invited for appointment of various Jr. Engineers in Public Works Department, Rajasthan :
Jr. Engineer (Civil) (Degree) : 454 posts
Jr. Engineer (Civil) (Diploma) : 114 posts
Jr. Engineer (Electrical) (Degree) : 14 posts
Jr. Engineer (Electrical) (Diploma) : 04 postsgovernment doctor jobs
Pay Scale : Rs.9300-34800 Grade Pay Rs.3200/-
Age : 18-37 years as on 01/01/2012.
Fee : Rs.500/- (Rs.250/- for BC/EBC and 125/- for SC/ST) plus Rs.30/- as service charges and to be deposited at E-Mitra kiosks/ Jan Suvidha Kendra.
How to Apply: Apply Online at Rajasthan PWD
1. The zonal office controls and allocates the budget for various heads. The zonal office monitors all type of works such as mechanical works through mechanical divisions, electrical work through electrical division. Zonal office also has a Labour Welfare Officer (L. W .O),
2. The circle office controls and monitors the works executed by the division office as well as other responsibilities of the department. The various information and circulars go through circle office to division offices. The circle office reports to zonal office.
3. Most of the Executive Engineers are responsible for both construction as well as maintenance works within the jurisdiction of divisions. Executive Engineer is the executive head of the works and major activity of the tendering process is done by the Executive Engineer.
4. Mechanical wing is headed by the Chief Engineer. The Chief Engineer controls the store (Machines & Equipment). The two Superintending Engineers (Jaipur & Jodhpur) reports to him.
5. Electrical wing has two Superintending Engineers (Jaipur & Jodhpur), directly reporting to Chief Engineer-cum-Additional Secretary to Government .The Superintending Engineers controls divisions which is headed Executive Engineer. Electrical wing looks after electrification of building, street lighting, air conditioning, fire fighting & its maintenance.
6. P.W.D organization has an architectural wing which is headed by Chief Architect. The hierarchy of architect wing has a Senior Architect, who is assisted by four Deputy Architects and Eight Assistant Architects the architectural wing is responsible for architectural design and planning of building projects for the department.
Tentative Last Date: 22-06-2012
About the organization:
The Public Works Department has a glorious history in the development of the state since pre independence. The department is mainly entrusted with construction and maintenance of Roads, Bridges and Govt. buildings. The department also acts as Technical Advisor to the State Government in these matters.Initially, Irrigation, Public Health engineering were units of PWD. Subsequently these units were given separate entities to handle increased scope of work in the respective field.Since the inception of the Department, it has strived through its continuous quest for excellence and putting milestones in the feat of Engineering. It is this time that the Department is treading into a new era of information technology to keep pace with the modernization.The Public Works Department being the oldest engineering department of the State, has its well woven network even below tensile level which enables the P.W.D. to ensure the execution of a variety of jobs/tasks any where in the state.Total road length being maintained by the department is more than 87500 KM the Department also maintains State buildings all over Rajasthan & outside. The current annual budget allocation to the department for construction & maintenance activities is over Rs 1000 Crores.
Public Works Department (PWD), Rajasthan
Click above to download
the vacancy details