Mechanical Engineer ,Chemical Engineer,Information Technology, Jobs & Vacancy in Engineering at Bhabha Atomic Research Centre , Mumbai Nov 2012
Job or Vacancy Description:
APPLICATIONS ARE INVITED FOR STIPENDIARY TRAINEES CATEGORY – I FOR TRAINING IN BARC, MUMBAI AND ITS UNITS LOCATED AT TARAPUR, KALPAKKAM, HYDERABAD , VISHAKAPATANAM, MOUNT ABU ETC. AND FOR OTHER CONSTITUENT UNITS OF DAE
Post No. | Discipline | No. of post
1 Mechanical Engineer 26
2 Chemical Engineer
3 Instrumentation 05faculty opening
4 Electronics 06
5 Electrical 08
6 Information Technology 01
7 Chemistry 31
8 Physics 21
9 Computer Science 3
Total Post : 139
Total Duration of Training Period : Two years
Age Limit : 19 years Minimum and 24 Years Maximum as on 18/12/2012
Educational/Technical Qualification :
Post No.1-6 : Diploma / Licentiate in Mechanical Engg. / Chemical Engg./ Instrumentation Engg. / Electronics Engg. / Electrical Engg./ Information Technology (3 years after SSC or 02 years after HSC/B.Sc.) with minimum of 60% marks in Diploma.
Post No.7 : Minimum 60% marks in B.Sc.(Chemistry as principal and Physics/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Biology as subsidiary subjects)
Post No.8 : Minimum 60% marks in B.Sc. (Physics as principal and Mathematics/ Statistics/ Electronics/ Computer Science/ Chemistry as subsidiary subjects)
Post No.9 : Minimum 60% marks in BSc.(Computer Science)
Physical Standards :
Minimum Height : 160 cms.
Minimum weigh : 45.5 Kg (Relaxable if the candidate is otherwise medically fit)
Written Examination/Selection : Candidates should come prepared to stay in Mumbai for 2 to 3 days for the Written Test/Interview. Written Examination of one-hour duration will be conducted and will comprise of objective (multiple) type questions. The syllabus for the said examination will be based on subjects at Diploma/B.Sc. level as the case may be. Those candidates qualifying in the written Examination shall be short-listed for interview to be held on the following day.
Scope Of Training : Selected candidates will be given training at Tarapur / Kalpakkam/ Mumbai & other places as decided by BARC in various aspects of relevant disciplines/trades, as per prescribed syllabi of each disciplines/trades and for meeting stringent requirements of BARC. The candidates will not have any choice/option for any particular training programme/training place.
How to Apply : Application will be accepted On-Line ONLY.
1. 19 years Minimum and 24 Years Maximum as on 18/12/2012Upper age limit prescribed above is relaxable as under :upto a maximum of five years for Scheduled Caste & Scheduled Tribe candidates.upto a maximum of three years for OBC candidates.
2. Relaxation in the upper age limit of 5 years shall be admissible to all persons who had ordinarily been domiciled in Kashmir division of the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period
3. Minimum Height : 160 cms. Minimum weigh : 45.5 Kg (Relaxable if the candidate is otherwise medically fit)Candidates should come prepared to stay in Mumbai for 2 to 3 days for the Written Test/Interview.
4. Selected candidates will be given training at Tarapur / Kalpakkam/ Mumbai & other places as decided by BARC in various aspects of relevant disciplines/ trades, as per prescribed syllabi of each disciplines/trades and for meeting stringent requirements ofBARC.
5. Selected candidates will have to execute a bond to complete the training and serve BARC or any of the constituent Units of DAE, if offered appointment after the training, for a period of 4 years after absorption.
6. This Research Centre reserves the right to restrict the number of candidates to be called for interview in the ratio of 1 : 5, based on higher percentage of marks in the screening test.
7. SC/ST outstation candidates called for written examination/interview will be paid to and fro traveling allowance of second-class Railway fare by the shortest route (subject to production of tickets) as per rules.
8. Posting of the selected candidates would be at the discretion of the Competent Authority as per the availability of vacancies.
9. SC and ST certificate should be issued by authorized authority in the prescribed format and the caste/community should have been included in the Presidential orders in relation to the concerned state.
10. Disability Certificate from the appropriate authority regarding physical disability [as per the format given at Annexure-4(applicable to persons with disability)]Proof of the effect that they have been affected by 1984 riots.
Tentative Last Date : 18-12-2012
About the organization:
Homi Jehangir Bhabha was the visionary who conceptualized the Indian Nuclear Programme and along with a handful of Scientists initiated the nuclear science research in India in March, 1944. He envisaged the vast potential of nuclear energy and its possible successful utilization in the field of power generation and allied areas. Dr. Bhabha started working with the goal of achieving self reliance in the fields of nuclear science and engineering and today’s Department of Atomic Energy which is a consortium of different and diversified fields of science and engineering is the final outcome of the farsighted planning of Dr. Bhabha. Thus, in his own words “When Nuclear Energy has been successfully applied for power production in, say a couple of decades from now, India will not have to look abroad for its experts but will find them ready at hand”.
Dr. Homi Jehangir Bhabha, realizing the immense potential of nuclear energy as a viable alternative source for electric power generation, launched the Indian Nuclear Programme in March 1944.
Bhabha Atomic Research Centre
Click above to download
the vacancy details