Telecom Technical Assistant, Jobs & Vacancy in Others at Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited, Srinagar Apr 2013
Job or Vacancy Description:
Applications are invited for the following 82 posts of Telecom Technical Assistant (TTAs) in the Pay scale of Rs. 13600 – 25420 in various Districts/ Secondary Switching Areas (SSAs) in Jammu & Kashmir :
Telecom Technical Assistant (TTAs) : 82 posts
Qualification : 3 years Engineering Diploma in Telecommunication Engineering/ Electronics Engineering/ Electrical Engineering/ Radio Engineering / Computer Engineering / Instruments Technology/ Information Technology / M.Sc. (Electronics).
Age : 18 to 27 years. Relaxation as per rules.
Mode of selection:
The Telecom Technical Assistant (TTA) is a SSA cadre. Selection will be through a competitive Examination followed by a medical test. Appointment will be subject to police verification, successful completion of training and other usual formalities. Candidates are required to submit application for one SSA only. Option once exercised for SSA shall be final.
a) Minimum Qualifying marks in the paper will be 40 % for the candidates of unreserved communities and 33 % for the candidates of SC/ST/OBC category.
b) The minimum passing marks in each of the three parts of the paper will be 30% for OC and 20% for SC/ST/OBC category
c) Relaxation of 2% in marks will be given to the Physically Handicapped Candidates in each category ( SC-PH , ST – PH, OBC – PH, OC – PH).
d) There will be negative marking. For each wrong answer 25% of mark of that question will be deducted
Application Fee : Rs.500/- in the form of DD only favouring “The Accounts Officer (Cash), GMTD BSNL …. (name of SSA)…..” . No fee for SC/ST/PH candidates.
How to Apply : The specimen of the application form is included in this advertisement. r Neatly typed copy in A 4 size [only on one side of the paper] or downloaded application form may be used for making application. The completed application form should be sent by registered post or handed over personally in the concerned SSA in which applicant wants to apply, so as to reach in the concerned SSA
1. Nationality: Only Indian Nationals would be eligible to apply. Applicants must possess, as on the last date of receiving applications the following educational qualifications from a recognized institute
2. M.Sc (Electronics) from a recognized Institution / University, Candidates having only such qualifications and streams as mentioned above are eligible for appearing in the examination.
3. In case a candidate is possessing requisite educational qualification, irrespective of having entered the course in the second year through lateral entry level after 10+2,
4. For residents of J&K – Relaxation shall be in accordance with DOP&T O.M. NO. 15012/7/1991-Estt(D) dated 6.12.2005 pertaining to “Residents of State of Jammu & Kashmir ( relaxation of upper age limit for Recruitment to Central Civil Services and Posts ) Rules 1997”
5. the district Magistrate within whose jurisdiction he had ordinarily resided. Any other authority designated in this behalf by the Govt. of Jammu & Kashmir
6. The candidates belonging to SC/ ST and OBC seeking relaxation / reservation must submit caste certificate from any of the following competent authorities , viz.,
7. All the candidates provisionally recruited against the vacancies for direct recruitment shall execute a BOND in the format as specified by the company to serve in BSNL
8. The selected candidates will be entitled to stipend ( training allowance) as admissible thereon and allowances as amended by BSNL from time to time during the prescribed course of training in any of the training centres of the Department.
Tentative Last Date:13-05-2013
About the organization:
The J & K Telecom Circle is the only organization providing basic telephony & value added telecom services to the people of J & K state. Telecom services are available in the remotest parts of the state. The J & K Telecom is headed by Shri R K Kaul Chief General Manager. There are 5 Secondary Switching Areas ( SSA ) namely Jammu , Srinagar , Udhampur , Rajouri & Leh. Taking together all the SSAs , there are 361 exchanges of various capacities in whole of J & K. The following statistical data as on 31-05-2012 is an indicator of the J & K circle:Special emphasis is given to improve the existing services by introducing new technologies. Broadband and such new services are mostly extended to all telephone exchanges by providing Optical Fiber Cable (OFC) links. The offices at various levels are being fully computerized & connected together to ease information flow for optimum utilization of resources. The CDR system has been implemented fully in Jammu, Srinagar, Udhampur, and Rajouri SSA
Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL)
Office of The Chief General Manager, BSNL, J&K Circle
4th Floor, North Block, Bahu Plaza ,Rail Head complex ,Jammu-180012
Click above to download