Senior Medical Officer (Specialist) (CL-I) (Orthopaedics), Jobs & Vacancy in Officer at Visakhapatnam Port Trust, Visakhapatnam Jul 2012
Job or Vacancy Description:
Visakhapatnam Port Trust
Name of the Post : Senior Medical Officer (Specialist) (CL-I) (Orthopaedics) : 1 (One)
Classification : Class – I
Scale of Pay : Rs.10750-300-16750 (revised pay scale of ` 20600- 46500)
Upper Age limit : 40 years.bank jobs
Educational and Other qualifications prescribed for direct recruitment :
i) MBBS degree from a recognised University or for Sr. Medical Officer (Dental) BDS degree of a recognised University.
ii) A post-graduate medical degree in the specified speciality from a recognised university.
iii) Post qualification experience of 3 years in a hospital in the relevant field of specialization.
Period of Probation (in years) : 2 (two)
Method of Recruitment : By direct recruitment.
How to Apply : Applications in the model pro-forma available in Visakhapatnam Port Trust Web-site vizagport.com be down loaded and filled in be submitted along with relevant copies ofcertificates, testimonials duly attested, two recent passport size photos, latest Caste Certificatewhether belongs to OBC/SC/ST should be sent by post to “The Secretary,Administrative Office Building,Visakhapatnam Port Trust,Visakhapatnam-530 035
1. Upper age limit is relaxable to the extent of 3 years in the case of OBC Candidates and5 years in the case of SC/ST Candidates will be allowed. The OBC Candidates have to submit thecaste certificate regarding their OBC Status as well as exclusion from creamy layer in the proformaprescribed by the Central Government.
2. The upper age limit is also relaxable for Governmentservants as per extant rules. The SC/ST/OBC Candidates have to submit the latest caste certificate.
3. Applications in the model pro-forma available in Visakhapatnam Port Trust Web-sitewww.vizagport.com be down loaded and filled in be submitted along with relevant copies ofcertificates, testimonials duly attested,
4. SUPERSCRIBING the cover “APPLICATION TO THE POST OF SENIOR MEDICAL OFFICER(Orthopaedics) (CLASS-I)”.Applications of those already in service should be got forwarded through their Employerduly furnishing
5. VPT reserves the right to cancel/restrict/curtail theRecruitment process without any further notice and without assigning any reasons thereof.No advance copy of application from the applicant will be accepted.
Tentative Last Date: 13-08-2012
About the organization:
Visakhapatnam was an ancient Port city which had trade relations with the Middle East and Rome. Ships were anchored at open roads and were loaded with cargo transported from Visakhapatnam shore by means of small Masula boats. A reference to Vizagapatam merchant is available in the inscriptions of Sri Bheemeswara Swamy temple (1068 AD), East Godavari District, Andhra Pradesh. During 12th century AD, Vizagapatam was a fortified merchandize town managed by a guild. It has become a settlement of a branch of East India Company in 1682. Rs. 83 lakh worth of goods were moved through Vizagapatam / Bhimunipatnam in 1882-83.Principal commodities traded at anchorage Port included Muslin cloth – manufactured at Uppada (East Godavari District), Manganese ore – exports to UK and USA, Oilseeds, jaggery, jute and indigo, hides and skins. Extensive trade relations existed with Burma. Vessels of British India Steam Navigation Company regularly visited the Port.With the advent of British Rule, in 1858, the need for a port in this part of the country was emphasized in a report of a British Survey Party. Later in 1877 a report called Vizag the Port of Central Provinces further emphasized the need for construction of a Port at Visakhapatnam.
Visakhapatnam Port Trust
Click above to download
the vacancy details