Assistant Physical Education Officer,Medical Officer,Security Officer,Assistant Executive Engineers,Assistant Security Officers,Pre-Primary Teachers,Junior Superintendents,Junior Assistants, Jobs & Vacancy in Engineering at Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur Apr 2012
Job or Vacancy Description:
IIT Kanpur, an Institute of national importance, Invites applications for following posts :
1. Assistant Physical Education Officer : 01 post
2. Medical Officer : 01 post
3. Security Officer : 01 post
4. Assistant Executive Engineers : 02 postsfaculty opening
5. Assistant Security Officers : 04 posts
6. Physical Training Instructor : 01 post
7. Junior Superintendents : 04 posts
8. Pre-Primary Teachers (Sports-1 & Music-1) : 02 posts
9. Assistant Coach : 05 posts
10. Junior Assistants : 14 posts
11. Driver Grade II : 01 post
How to Apply : Application in the prescribed format Incomplete applications/ without relevant supporting enclosures/ without prescribed demand draft/ application not on prescribed form will be out rightly rejected. Institute will not be responsible for any postal delay. Interim correspondence will not be entertained or replied to. Only Post-qualification experience will be considered as on the closing date for receipt of applications. Prescribed application form can be obtained, free of cost, either in person or by sending a self-addressed envelope of 28 cm x 12 cm size bearing postage stamp of Rs.10/-.
1. For appointments, preference will be given to Physically Handicapped candidate(s), even where the reservation is not marked and suitable PH candidates are available.
2. The SC/ST and OBCs are required to attach the Caste Certificate in the format as prescribed by the Govt. of India. The Institute follows the Central list in the case of SC/ST and OBCs.
3. Although the vacancies have been shown discipline-wise for internal administrative purposes, the Institute reserves the right to assign/ transfer the selected candidates elsewhere and appointment will be offered accordingly.
4. The candidates applying for more than one post must use separate Application Form for each post (along with required demand draft in original) and send them in separate cover super-scribed with the name of the post applied for.
5. Persons serving in Govt./ Semi-Govt./ PSUs, should send their applications either THROUGH PROPER CHANNEL or should furnish a NO OBJECTION CERTIFICATE at the time of interview. They can, however, send an advance copy along with DEMAND DRAFT in original.
6. Requirement of experience is relaxable at the discretion of the competent authority in the cases of SCs and STs. The Institute reserves the right to relax the age (Up to Maximum Five Years)
7. The Institute reserves its right to place a reasonable limit on the total number of candidates to be called for test or interview. Fulfillment of qualifications per-se does not entitle a candidate to be called for test or interview.
8. The selection process will generally consist of written/ trade test and/ or interview. No TA will be paid for written test. However, the candidates called for interview will be paid 2nd class sleeper rail f
9. Applications should be accompanied with a non-refundable demand draft of Rs. 100/- for the posts at Sl.No.01 to 04 and Rs. 50/- for the posts at Sl. Nos. 05 to 11, drawn in favour of “THE REGISTRAR, IIT KANPUR” payable at KANPUR. The issuing date of demand draft should be within the duration of Advertisement.
10. Incomplete applications/ without relevant supporting enclosures/ without prescribed demand draft/ application not on prescribed form will be out rightly rejected.
11. Only Post-qualification experience will be considered as on the closing date for receipt of applications. Prescribed application form can be obtained, free of cost,
12. The Candidates should have experience in the field of civil works viz. construction and maintenance of multi-storey RCC framed structure buildings and roads,
Tentative Last Date:23-04-2012
About the organization:
Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur is engaged in carrying out original research of significance and technology development at the cutting edge.It imparts training to students so that they become competent and motivated engineers and scientists. The Institute celebrates freedom of thought, cultivates vision and encourages growth, but also inculcates human values and concern for the environment and the society. The Institute awards Bachelors, Masters and Doctoral degrees in various branches of technology and science. It has been making special efforts to recruit talented faculty on a world-wide basis and to admit bright students from all over the country by a careful selection process (JEE/GATE/CAT/JAM). The Institute has about 1450 undergraduate and 850 postgraduate students, 300 faculty, and more than 1500 supporting staff. It has one of the finest scientific & technological library with an online information retrieval system over the campus LAN.When I came to Kanpur first to join as the Director of the Institute, almost everybody I met in Kanpur asked me..if I had wanted to commit professional suicide, I did not at all worry about this because I was no longer myself but an instrument of a historical process” (Extracts from the convocation address given by Dr. P.K. Kelkar on 1981 May 17). Dr. P. K. Kelkar did the registration of IITK Society on 14th December, 1959. Soon after the five IITs were set up, Prime Minister Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru had realized that to keep pace with the ever changing world of science and technology, it is necessary to collaborate closely with the outside world. The Kanpur Indo-American Programme (1962-1972) at IIT-Kanpur was a stride in this direction.
Kanpur jobs at Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kanpur
Special Recruitment drive for SCs/ STs/ PHs and OBCs -
Covering Backlog and some fresh vacancies including unreserved category
Click above to download
the vacancy details