Tissue culturist/Biotechnologist M.Sc. (Biotechnology), Microbiologist M.Sc.(Microbiology), Jobs & Vacancy in Others at KERALA AGRICULTURAL UNIVERSITY, Thiruvananthapuram Sep 2012
Job or Vacancy Description:
Applications are invited from the candidates for the following post :
1) Tissue culturist/Biotechnologist M.Sc.(Biotechnology)
2) Microbiologist (1 No.) M.Sc.(Microbiology)
Qualifications: Appropriate PG Degrees, Scientific and Technological Know-how, Proficiency in English, Malayalam and Computer.
Desirable: Proficiency in Computer – System maintenance, MS Office, desk top publishing (Page maker/In design), web designing (Front page/Dream weaver), photography & photoediting (Photoshop/Corel suite), Videography & videoediting (Premier) etc.government doctor jobs
How To Apply: Confident and interested candidates having consistently good academic record with more than 75% aggregate score throughout may email to firstname.lastname@example.org their full resume/biodata.
1. Applications are invited from technically qualified, skilful, talented, enthusiastic and experiencedcandidates having excellent academic records with more than 75% aggregate score throughout, strongaptitude for Research & Development and long term interest at this centre for the following temporary vacancies to lead the Research & Development at our research centre.
2. Tissue culturist/Biotechnologist should design, set up and manage a world class Tissue Culture lab atthe centre, undertake TC production of Banana, Pineapple and Passion fruit and achieve the targets ofthe research centre (30-50 thousand TC plants/year)
3. The Tissue culturist should be well-versed with the various tissue cultureprotocols like preparation of explant, inoculation, multiplication, rooting, hardening, etc and operation of various instruments/equipment used in a Biotechnology lab
4. Microbiologist should design, set up and manage a world class Microbiology lab at the centre, culture,identify and develop control measures for the contaminating in the Tissue Culture lab and maintain itcontamination free; supervise the microbiology research work, associate with the overall managementof the R & D activities of the centre and report the progress regularly to the station head.
5. Selection of candidate is a three stage process. Confident and interested candidates having consistentlygood academic record with more than 75% aggregate score throughout may emailto email@example.com their full resume/biodata in the format prescribed below.
6. Those having less than 65% aggregate score throughout their academic career need not submit resumeand try for placement at the centre. Promising candidates will be invited for a written test, discussionand interview to assess the candidate’s scientific, technical and managerial capabilities.
7. You are requested to bring your updated CV/biodata incompliance with the job notification when you come for the interview. Candidates securing more than65% score in written test and found promising in discussion and interview will be given a chance toprove their expertise,
8. the competition will be selected finally in line with our motto ‘Quality People & Infrastructure forQuality Technology, Products & Services; Merit alone counts for Quality suitable for the purpose andone has know-how only when it is proven in real life by doing things better and making things better always.’
Tentative Last Date : 07-09-2012
About the organization:
The Kerala Agricultural University is the primary and the principal instrumentality of the Kerala State in providing human resources, and skills and technology, required for the sustainable development of its agriculture, defined broadly encompassing all production activities based on land and water, including crop production (agriculture), animal husbandry, forestry and fishery through conducting, interfacing and integrating education, research and extension in these spheres of economic endeavour.Deemed to have come into existence on February 24th 1971 by the Act 33 of 1971 of the Kerala State Legislature, entitled ‘The Agricultural University Act, 1971′, the Kerala Agricultural University (KAU) became operational since February 1st 1972 when the then existing two educational and 21 research institutions administered by the Departments of Agriculture and Animal Husbandry of the Government of Kerala, were brought under one umbrella for facilitating the sustainable and accelerated development of agriculture in the State.Excellence in Agricultural Education, Research and Extension for Sustainable Agricultural Development and Livelihood security of farming community To Provide human resources, skills and technology required for sustainable development of agriculture, including crop production, Animal Husbandry, Veterinary Sciences, Dairy Sciences & Technology, Co-operation, Fisheries, Forestry, Agricultural Engineering,
KERALA AGRICULTURAL UNIVERSITY
PINEAPPLE RESEARCH STATION
Vazhakulam, Muvattupuzha, Ernakulam District, Kerala, India, PIN-686 670
Click above to download
the vacancy details