Chief of GNLU Legal Services Clinic, Jobs & Vacancy in Others at Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar Jun 2012
Job or Vacancy Description:
Applications are invited for the following posts :
Chief of GNLU Legal Services Clinic: 01
Pay Scale: Rs.15600-39100 + AGP Rs.6000/-
Eligibility Conditions: (i) LLM with 55% of marks with good records in socio-legal courses OR MSW/Master in Social Science/Sociology with L.L.B. degree. Person with combined experience and knowledge of law and social-science/services/welfare will be given priority. (ii) Minimum 5 years of experience in the fields closely connected to the principal functions including experience of Advocacy. (iii) Abilities and Proactive Approach to visit various remote places across Gujarat and other states of India, (iv) Demonstrated abilities/experience in dealing with NGOs, civil society institutions, potential beneficiaries of principal functions Excellent organizational, communications skills (v) Sensitive to needs, concerns and requirements of weaker/marginalised/tribal communities, etc. (vi) Managing multiple tasks and projects simultaneously (vii) Knowledge of information communication systems, including computers, video-conferences, etc.
How To Apply: Registrar, Gujarat National Law University Attalika Avenue, Knowledge Corridor, Koba, Gandhinagar 382007, Gujaratlatest karnataka govt jobs
1) Plans, implements and monitors on-campus and off-campuslegal services programs and activities
2) Plans, designs and conducts free legal services for needyindividuals and institutions in collaboration with faculty,staff, students, legal services authorities, judiciary, bar,NGOs, etc.
3) Plans, designs and implements legal entitlement programs forelected representatives, civil society institutions and for anyinstitution on a need basis
4) Designs and runs in collaboration with faculty members paralegal services for students
5) Plans and conducts community mediation, open forums,theater art, pro bon representation at quasi-judicial bodies,public interest lawyering/litigation and law reforms
6) Undertakes, in collaboration with institutions, students,faculty etc, activities aiming to reduce backlog of cases injudiciary, government departments, PSUs, etc.
7) Prepares budget, mobilizes resources, liaises with theexecutive, judiciary and policy-making organs, academicinstitutions, NGOs, law enforcement agencies, members of
judiciary, Office of the State’s Attorney, Public Defender,employers, local social service agencies, schools andothers.etc.
8) Plans, executes and monitors overall administration of theGNLU Legal Services
9) Prepares statistics and such other reports as required fromtime to time to provide input to various governmental andnon-governmental agencies to promote the legal servicesamong law universities and colleges
10) Undertakes any tasks, including teaching, research andtraining, at the GNLU or law colleges in Gujarat as entrustedupon by the GNLU.
Tentative Last Date:20-06-2012
About the organization :
Gujarat National Law University (GNLU) is the statutory university established by the Govt. of Gujarat National Law University Act, 2003. The University is recognized by the Bar Council of India (BCI) and University Grants Commission (UGC) (2f & 12b). The University is also member of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) and the University is functioning as nodal agency to uplift the legal education in the State of Gujarat.”The objectives of the University,” the GNLU Act 2003 proclaims, ” shall be to advance and disseminate learning and knowledge of law and legal processes and their role in national development: to develop in the students and the research scholars sense of responsibility to serve society in the field of law by developing skills in regard to advocacy, legal services, legislation, parliamentary practice, law reforms and such other matters; to make law and legal processes efficient instruments of social development; and to promote
Gujarat National Law University
Attalika Avenue, Knowledge Corridor,
Koba, Gandhinagar 382007, Gujarat
Click above to download
the vacancy details