Law Clerks (Trainee), Jobs & Vacancy in Others at High Court of Uttarakhand, Dehradum May 2012
Job or Vacancy Description:
Applications are invited from all eligible candidates for the following posts :
Law Clerks (Trainee) : 09 posts, Fixed Honorarium : Rs. 20000/- purely contractual for a fixed term of one year, Age : 21-26 years, Qualification : Three Years Professional/
Five Years Integrated Degree in Law from a reputed Law College or recognized University.
Application Fee : Rs. 150/- through postal order or bank draft in favour of Registrar General, High Court of Uttarakhand at Nainital.
How to Apply : The application form along with one duly attested copy of Certificates and testimonials regarding along with two self addressed envelope (size 5″x10″) each bearing postage stamps worth Rs. 22/- should be sent to the Registrar General, High Court of Uttarakhand at Nainital either by Speed Post, Registered Post with AD or through Couriergovernment jobs
1. The successful candidates will be attached with Hon’ble Judges andshall discharge duties under the directions of their Lordships. Clerk (Trainee) will be required to carry out search and research on legal pointsand principles as desired by the Hon’ble Judge with whom he remains attached.
2. He shall assist the Hdn’ble Judge in searching out case law, articles, papers andother relevant material required by the Hon’ble Judges in discharge of judicial aswell administrative work. The Law Clerk (Trainee) may also be asked to bepresent in Court during hearing of the arguments, take down or prepare notes in cases.
3. They may also be assigned the task of drafting memorandum onparticular subjecUsubjects including issues involved in the case or on any othertopic. Assistance from the Law Clerk may also be taken in proper maintenanceof the case files.
4. Apart from the above mentioned duties and responsibilitiesenumerated above, the Law Clerk (Trainee) shall perform any other duty asassigned by the Judge concerned with regard to his judicial and administrativefunctions. The nomenclature
5. The Law Clerk (Trainee) will also be provided the schedule of trainingand the details of the nature of job, which they have to perform during their yearof engagement. Specific assignments shall be given by the Judge with whom they are attached.
6. Judge’s Law Clerk (Trainee) from the date of termination of hisengagement as Law Clerk (Trainee) shall not appear or practice before theHon’ble Judge(s) with whom he remained attached for a minimum period of oneyear.
Tentative Last Date :31-07-2012
About the organization:
The Uttarakhand State was carved out from erstwhile State of Uttar Pradesh on 09/11/2000. At the time of the creation of the State, the High Court of Uttarakhand was also established on the same day at Nainital. Since that day the High Court is functioning in an old building situated in Mallital Nainital which was known as old Secretariat. The building of the High Court is a very magnificent and was constructed in 1900 A.D. There is a park in front of the building and Naina Peak, the highest peak in Nainital, in the background, which makes the building more picturesque. In the beginning five Court rooms were constructed but later on more Court rooms have been added. A huge Chief Justice Court Block and a Block of Lawyers’ chambers have also been built up in the year 2007.
High Court of Uttarakhand
Click above to download
the vacancy details