District Judge, Jobs & Vacancy in Judicial at High Court of Bombay , Bombay Jun 2012
Job or Vacancy Description:
Online applications are invited for the posts of District Judge in the Judicial Service of the State of Maharashtra :
District Judge : 29 posts, Pay scale : Rs. 51550-63070, Age : 35 – 48 years, Qualification : a holder of Degree in Law (b) practicing as an Advocate in the High Court or Courts subordinate thereto for not less than seven years on the date of publication of Advertisement OR Must be working or must have worked as Public Prosecutor or Government Advocate for not less than seven years in the post or posts. In computing the period of seven years the period during which the candidate has worked as an Advocate shall be included
Application Fee : The fees in the sum of Rs.1000/- (Rs.500/- for Backward Class candidates) should be paid in the form of demand draft payable at par at Bombay and be sent by Registered Post A.D. in favour of Registrar, High Court, Appellate Side, Bombay, so as to reach the office of the Registrar General, High Court, Fort, Mumbai – 400032
How to Apply : The candidates shall submit their applications online only in the prescribed format through the High CourtThe candidate shall send the documents viz. [i] copy ofAcknowledgment Slip duly affixing photograph and putting signatureby black ink, in the places provided thereto and [ii] Demand Draft, byRegistered Post A.D. / Speed Post to the Registrar, [Personnel], HighCourt, Appellate Side, Fort, Bombay – 400 032,
1. The candidate shall submit the application online only in theprescribed format through the High Court
2. Before starting filling in online application, a candidate must havehis /her latest passport size photograph and signature duly scanned inseparate files in the .jpg/ .jpeg format in such a manner that each filesize should not exceed 40KB each and shall attach the same at theappropriate places shown in the online application form.
3. The fees in the sum of Rs.100/shouldbe paid only in the formof Demand Draft issued in favour of “Registrar, High Court, AppellateSide, Bombay”, payable at par at Bombay. Fees shall not be refundedin any case.
4. The candidate shall send the documents viz. [i] copy ofAcknowledgment Slip duly affixing photograph and putting signatureby black ink, in the places provided thereto and [ii] Demand Draft, byRegistered Post A.D. / Speed Post to the Registrar,
5. The candidate should not send any original or attested copies of thedocuments/ certificates at the stage of submitting application online.
6. Candidate, who is likely to be called for interview, must submit to theRegistrar [Personnel], High Court, Appellate Side, Bombay, attested
copies of the following certificates and originals thereof, at the time ofinterview
7. The High Court reserves the right to adopt appropriate method ofshortlisting the candidates at any stage.
8. The eligible candidates will be required to undergo screening /writtentest of 20 marks of 40 minutes duration comprising of 20 questionsrelating to General Knowledge, Computer Knowledge & GeneralEnglish.
9. Candidates qualifying screening test alone would be called for EnglishTyping Test of 20 marks. The English Typing Test will be taken onComputer only. Candidates qualifying typing test alone would becalled for Vivavoce/Interview of 10 marks.
10. The Timetablefor Screening test of the candidates who makethemselves eligible would be communicated by post to the concernedcandidates and published on the official website of the High Court.
Tentative Last Date: 20-07-2012
About the organization:
The High Court of Bombay, which is the chartered High Court and one of the oldest High Courts in the Country. It has Appellate Jurisdiction over the State of Maharashtra, Goa, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli. In addition to the Principal Seat at Bombay, it has benches at Aurangabad, Nagpur, Panaji(Goa). The Legal history of Bombay may be said to have begun in 1661, when it became a British possession. The Town and Island of Bombay was received by the British as a part of the dowry of the Portuguese Princess Catherine of Braganza, sister of Alphonso VI, the then Portuguese Monarch, when she married King Charles II .
High Court of Bombay
Click above to download
the vacancy details