FOR THIS OPENING LAST DATE OVER ! BUT STILL
YOU CAN SUBMIT YOUR RESUME HERE. --< REGISTER NOW
Technical Officer – I,Scientific Assistant,Senior Computer,Junior Chemis,Junior Technical Assistant, Jobs & Vacancy in Officer at Staff Selection Commission, Chennai Apr 2012
Job or Vacancy Description:
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) Southern Region (SR), Chenaai, invite application for the following posts in various Ministries/ Offices of the Government of India :
1. Technical Officer – I : 04 posts, Pay Scale : Rs.5200-20200 plus Grade Pay Rs.2000/-
2. Scientific Assistant : 04 posts, Pay Scale : Rs.5200-20200 plus Grade Pay Rs.2800/-
3. Sales Assistant : 03 posts, Pay Scale : Rs.5200-20200 plus Grade Pay Rs.2800/-
4. Senior Computer : 01 post, Pay Scale : Rs.5200-20200 plus Grade Pay Rs.2800/-
5. Junior Chemist : 05 posts, Pay Scale : Rs.5200-20200 plus Grade Pay Rs.2800/-
6. Junior Technical Assistant : 02 posts, Pay Scale : Rs.9300-34800 plus Grade Pay Rs.4200/-
7. Botanical Assistant : 05 posts, Pay Scale : Rs.9300-34800 plus Grade Pay Rs.4200/-
Fee Payable : Rs.50/- (No fee for Women/ SC/ST/PH and Ex-Servicemen) by means of Central Recruitment Fee Stamps (CRFS) only, available at head post office all over the country.
How to Apply : Application in prescribed format should be sent in an envelope superscribed with bold letters as “Application for the posts of ……………….. “ to The Regional Director (SR), Staff Selection Commission, 2nd Floor, EVK Sampath Building, College Road, Chennai – 600217.
1. It may be noted that the Commission uses Common Application Form for all its recruitments. Please go through the notice for the Recruitment and also these instructions carefully before applying for any the posts mentioned in the Notice. You must satisfy yourself that you are eligible for the post for which you are applying.
2. Use only blue/black pen for filling up the Application Form.
3. Instructions have been given for most items in the application itself which should be gone through carefully before filling up the boxes. For items for which instructions are not available or require further clarification, further instructions given below may be gone through carefully.
4. As the advertisement pertains to various posts in different Offices, the Name of the post and Advt.No. and Category No. (Col. 1 & 2 ) of the post for which the application is being submitted may be indicated in the application form.
5. Column 10 may be filled up carefully. Ex-Servicemen candidates are also required to fill up columns 10 and 10.1.
6. PH candidates are required to fill up columns 10,11,11.1,16 and 16.1 as may be applicable. The Commission may decide to hold screening/skill test for certain posts and therefore, VH candidates should fill in columns 16 and 16.1
7. Column No.12.1 – The category code for filling up this column is available in Annexure VIII and also in the Commission’s website : http://ssc.nic.in.
8. Column No.12.2 – Age as on closing date for receipt of applications should be indicated.
9. Col.No.13 relating to preference of posts may be left blank.
10. Column 27 Educational Qualification : The list of Educational qualification and subjects mentioned in Appendix VII is not exhaustive. Candidates who possess any educational qualification or studied any subject other than those mentioned in the list at Appendix – VIII may use ‘Others’ for qualifications and/or subject code.
11. Candidates should read carefully the Essential Qualification required for the post for which they are applying and ensure that they fulfill the same. Documents in support of Essential Qualifications should invariably be furnished alongwith the application, failing which the applications will be summarily rejected.
Tentative Last Date :28-05-2012
About the organization:
The Estimates Committee of the Parliament, in its 47th Report (1967-68), recommended the setting up of a Service Selection Commission for conducting examinations for recruitment to lower categories of posts. Pursuant to this, and as an interim measure, an Examination Wing was initially added to the Secretariat Training School, subsequently renamed as the Institute of Secretariat Training and Management (ISTM). The Administrative Reforms Commission (ARC), in its Report on Personnel Administration, drew attention to the fact that bulk of the staff of the Government at the Centre and in the States belonged to Class III and Class IV categories. Referring in particular to the identical nature of qualifications stipulated for entry into such posts in various offices, the Commission advocated pooling of the requirements of non-technical posts by different Departments and selection of personnel either by joint recruitment or through a recruitment board. It was in pursuance of this recommendation that the Government of India decided to constitute a Subordinate Services Commission under an Executive Resolution. The Government of India, in the Department of Personnel and Administrative Reforms vide its Resolution No. 46/1(S)/74-Estt.(B) dated the 4th November, 1975 constituted a Commission called the Subordinate Services Commission which has subsequently been re-designated as Staff Selection Commission effective from the 26th September, 1977 to make recruitment to various Class III (now Group “C”) (non-technical) posts in the various Ministries/Departments of the Govt. of India and in Subordinate Offices. The functions of the Staff Selection Commission have been enlarged from time to time and now it carries out the recruitment also to all Group “B” posts in the pay scale of Rs 9300 to 34800 with a grade pay of Rs 42000 The functions of the Staff Selection Commission were redefined by the Government of India, Ministry of Personnel,
STAFF SELECTION COMMISSION (SSC)
(Southern Region – SR)
2nd Floor, EVK Sampath Building, College Road, Chennai – 600 217
Click above to download
the vacancy details