Stenographer Grade-c, Jobs & Vacancy in Others at Staff Selection Commission, Delhi Apr 2012
Job or Vacancy Description:
Staff Selection Commission will hold on 29/07/2012, an examination for recruitment to the following posts:
Stenographer Grade-c and Grade-D, Qualification : 12th pass, Age : 18-27 years as on 01/08/2012, Relaxation in age as per rules.,Pay Scale : PB-2 Rs.9300-34800 grade pay Rs.4600 for Grade-C and PB-1 Rs.5200-20200 Grade Pay Rs.2400/- for Grade-D
Fee: Rs. 100/-. No fee for SC/ST/PH/Women and Ex-Serviceman. Fee will be paid only in the form of “Central Recruitment Fee Stamps (CRFS)” These stamps are available at the counter of all Departmental Post Offices of the country. If you are applying Online, payment can be through Net Banking with SBI. OR The candidates submitting their applications on-line should pay the requisite fee only through State Bank of India either in the form of challan or net-banking.
How to Apply : Application in the prescribed format should be send to the Regional / Sub Office of the SSC depending upon the choice of the exam centre by the candidates.
1. Commission will hold a Combined All India Open Examination for recruitment to the posts of Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and Grade ‘D’ for which 12th Standard Pass from a recognized board/university is the minimum qualification.
2 The Commission will not undertake detailed scrutiny of applications for the eligibility and other aspects at the time of written examination and, therefore, the candidature is accepted only provisionally. The candidates are advised to go through the requirements of educational qualification, age etc.
3. BEFORE APPLYING, CANDIDATES IN THEIR OWN INTEREST ARE ADVISED TO GO THROUGH THE DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS CONTAINED IN THIS NOTICE CAREFULLY.
4. Candidates seeking reservation benefits available for SC/ST/OBC/PH/EXS/Minorities within OBC Quota must ensure that they are entitled to such reservation as per eligibility prescribed in the Notice.
5. Candidates with visual disability of 40% and more only would be deemed as VISUALLY HANDICAPPED (VH) and entitled to reservation for VH.
6. Central Government civilian employees claiming age relaxation should be in possession of a certificate in the prescribed format from their office in respect of the length of continuous service which should be for not less than three years in the immediate period preceding the closing date for receipt of application or on the time of skill test.
7. FEE: RUPEES ONE HUNDRED ONLY(Rs.100) payable through CRF Stamps for off-line application or SBI Challan or on line payment through SBI in the case of on-line application. Fee is exempted for all Women candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe, Physically Handicapped, and Ex-Servicemen eligible for reservation, as per rules.
Tentative Last Date : 25-05-2012
About the organization:
The Estimates Committee of the Parliament, in its 47th Report (1967-68), recommended the setting up of a Service Selection Commission for conducting examinations for recruitment to lower categories of posts. Pursuant to this, and as an interim measure, an Examination Wing was initially added to the Secretariat Training School, subsequently renamed as the Institute of Secretariat Training and Management (ISTM). The Administrative Reforms Commission (ARC), in its Report on Personnel Administration, drew attention to the fact that bulk of the staff of the Government at the Centre and in the States belonged to Class III and Class IV categories. Referring in particular to the identical nature of qualifications stipulated for entry into such posts in various offices, the Commission advocated pooling of the requirements of non-technical posts by different Departments and selection of personnel either by joint recruitment or through a recruitment board. It was in pursuance of this recommendation that the Government of India decided to constitute a Subordinate Services Commission under an Executive Resolution. The Government of India, in the Department of Personnel and Administrative Reforms vide its Resolution No. 46/1(S)/74-Estt.(B) dated the 4th November, 1975 constituted a Commission called the Subordinate Services Commission which has subsequently been re-designated as Staff Selection Commission effective from the 26th September, 1977 to make recruitment to various Class III (now Group “C”) (non-technical) posts in the various Ministries/Departments of the Govt. of India and in Subordinate Offices. The functions of the Staff Selection Commission have been enlarged from time to time and now it carries out the recruitment also to all Group “B” posts in the pay scale of Rs 9300 to 34800 with a grade pay of Rs 42000 The functions of the Staff Selection Commission were redefined by the Government of India, Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions vide its Resolution No.39018/1/98-Estt.(B) dated 21st May 1999 (may be seen under the heading Resolution). The new constitution and functions of the Staff Selection Commission came into effect from 1st June 1999.
STAFF SELECTION COMMISSION (SSC)
Click above to download
the vacancy details