Junior Scientific Officer,Associate Professor (Computer Science),Associate Professor (Physics),Associate Professor (Economics), Assistant Director (Hindi Typewriting and Hindi Stenography) , Jobs & Vacancy in Education at Union Public Service Commission, Delhi May 2012
Job or Vacancy Description:
UPSC invites Online application for following various posts in various Government of India Ministries and Departments in the prescribed format. The posts are
1. Junior Scientific Officer : 04 posts in National Centre of Organic Farming, M/o Agriculture
2. Associate Professor (Computer Science) : 04 posts in National Defence Academy, M/o Defence
3. Associate Professor (Physics) : 03 posts in National Defence Academy, M/o Defence
4. Associate Professor (Economics) : 01 post in National Defence Academy, M/o Defencetamilnadu govt employment
5. Associate Professor (Arabic) : 01 post in National Defence Academy, M/o Defence
6. Associate Professor (Hindi) : 01 post in National Defence Academy, M/o Defence
7. Associate Professor (Mathematics) : 01 post in National Defence Academy, M/o Defence
8. Associate Professor (Chemistry) : 01 post in National Defence Academy, M/o Defence
9. Associate Professor (Geography) : 01 post in National Defence Academy, M/o Defence
10. Assistant Professor (Compute Science) : 05 posts in National Defence Academy, M/o Defence
11. Assistant Professor (Physics) : 08 posts in National Defence Academy, M/o Defence
12. Assistant Professor (Arabic) : 01 post in National Defence Academy, M/o Defence
13. Assistant Professor (Political Science) : 02 posts in National Defence Academy, M/o Defence
14. Assistant Professor (History) : 02 posts in National Defence Academy, M/o Defence
15. Assistant Professor (English) : 06 posts in National Defence Academy, M/o Defence
16. Assistant Professor (Mathematics) : 04 posts in National Defence Academy, M/o Defence
17. Assistant Professor (Chinese) : 02 posts in National Defence Academy, M/o Defence
18. Assistant Professor (Geography) : 03 posts in National Defence Academy, M/o Defence
19. Assistant Professor (Hindi) : 03 posts in National Defence Academy, M/o Defence
20. Assistant Professor (Chemistry) : 01 post in National Defence Academy, M/o Defence
21. Director : 01 post in Central Drug Laboratory, M/o Health & Family Welfare
22. Assistant Director (Hindi Typewriting and Hindi Stenography) : 02 posts in Central Hindi Training Institute, M/o Home Affairs
23. Senior Cartographer : 01 post in Central Ground Water Board, M/o Water Resources
Fee : payable is Rs.50/- in the shape of Central Recruitment Fee Stamp only. (fee exempted for SC/ ST/ PH/ Women candidates)
How to Apply : Candidates should apply Online at the print out of the system generated application should be send to the Joint Secretary (Recruitment), Union Public Service Commission, Dholpur House, Shahjahan Road, New Delhi – 110069,
1. Not exceeding 50 years as on normal closing date. Not exceeding 55 years for Scheduled castes and Scheduled Tribes candidates and not exceeding 53 years for Other Backward Classes candidates in respect of vacancies reserved for them as on normal closing date.
2. Relaxable for regularly appointed Central /UT Govt. servants up to five years as per the instructions issued by the Govt. of India from time to time. For age concession applicable to some other categories of applicants, please see relevant paras of the ‘Instructions and Additional information’ to candidates for Recruitment by Selection.
3. Certificate of competency of Marine Engineer Officer Class-I Steam or Motor or Combined Steam and Motor as specified in Section 78 of the Merchant Shipping Act, 1958 44 of 1958
4. The qualifications regarding experience is/are relaxable at the discretion of the Union Public Service Commission in case of candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes in respect posts reserved for them,
5. Good academic record as defined by the concerned University with at least 55 percent or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed at the Masters Degree level in Hindi from an Indian University or an equivalent degree from an accredited Foreign University.
6. A relaxation of 5 percent may be provided at the Graduate and Master’s level for the Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes/Differently abled Physically and Visually handicapped categories for the purpose of eligibility and for assessing good academic record during direct recruitment to teaching positions.
Tentative Last Date : 14-06-2012
About the organization:
Indianisation of the superior Civil Services became one of the major demands of the political movement compelling the British Indian Government to consider setting up of a Public Service Commission for recruitment to its services in the territory. The first Public Service Commission was set up on October 1st, 1926. However, its limited advisory functions failed to satisfy the people’s aspirations and the continued stress on this aspect by the leaders of our freedom movement resulted in the setting up of the Federal Public Service Commission under the Government of India Act 1935. Under this Act, for the first time, provision was also made for the formation of Public Service Commissions at the provincial level.The Constituent Assembly, after independence, saw the need for giving a secure and autonomous status to Public Service Commissions both at Federal and Provincial levels for ensuring unbiased recruitment to Civil Services as also for protection of service interests. With the promulgation of the new Constitution for independent India on 26th January, 1950, the Federal Public Service Commission was accorded a constitutional status as an autonomous entity and given the title – Union Public Service Commission Under the Constitution one of the functions of the Commission is to conduct examinations for appointment to Civil Services/Posts of the Union. In addition, competitive examinations are also held by the Commission under arrangements with the Ministry of Defence for entry to certain Defence Services, through the National Defence Academy, Indian Military Academy, Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and the Officers Training Academy.The Commission usually conducts over a dozen examinations every year on an all India basis. These include Examinations for recruitment to services/posts in various fields, such as Civil Services, Engineering, Medical and Forest Service, etc.For an overview of examinations regularly held by the Commission. See “Overview of Examination” under this Chapter.
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)
Shahjahan Road, Dhopur House, New Delhi – 110069
Click above to download
the vacancy details