FOR THIS OPENING LAST DATE OVER ! BUT STILL
YOU CAN SUBMIT YOUR RESUME HERE. --< REGISTER NOW
Scientist-C (Microbiology), Jobs & Vacancy in Research at Indian Council Of Medical Research , Bhubaneswar Jul 2012
Job or Vacancy Description:
Applications are invited up to 16th September, 2012 for one post of Scientist-C (Microbiology) at the Regional Medical Research Centre, Bhubaneswar in the Pay Band PB-3 of Rs.15,600-39,100 + Grade Pay Rs.6,600 and usual allowances as admissible as per Government norms.
Name of the post : Scientist-C (Microbiology)
Pay Band : PB-3 of Rs.15,600-39,100 + Grade Pay Rs.6,600
Fee : Crossed Indian Postal Order (IPO) for Rs.100/- (Rupees One hundred only) payable to the Director, RMRC, Bhubaneswar.
Essential Qualification & Experience :
(i) MBBS degree recognized by MCI.
OR 1st class Master’s degree in Microbiology/Virology related life science discipline from a recognized University.
OR 2nd class M.Sc + Ph.D degree in relevant subject from a recognized University.
(ii) Four years R & D experience in infectious diseases after obtaining essential qualification (i) above.
Desirable Qualification :
(i) M.D/Ph.D in Microbiology from a recognized University. Additional postdoctoral research/teaching experience in related subject in recognized institute(s).
(ii) Knowledge of computer applications or Business Intelligence tools / Data Management.
(iii) Knowledge of National health programme.
(iv) Knowledge of current challenges and research opportunities to control communicable diseases.
(v) Scientific communication skills(verbal & written) as evidenced by presentations made and papers published in National & International journals & Extramural projects conducted independently as PI.
Job Requirements :
Plan and conduct research in the field of communicable diseases of importance to the region and undertake epidemic investigation.
Age Limit : Not exceeding 40 years.
How to apply :Applications form and other information can be obtained from ICMR’s websiteApplication form duly completed in all respects and signed by the applicant should be sent to theDirector,Regional Medical Research Centre,Chandrasekharpur,Bhubaneswar,Orissa- 751023,Documents to be enclosed with the application form (copies attested by Gazetted Officer) ;a) Proof of Date of Birthb) Education Qualificationsc) Experienced) Crossed Indian Postal Order (IPO) for Rs.100/- (Rupees One hundred only) payable to the Director, RMRC, Bhubaneswar. SC/ST and Physically Handicapped candidates (PH) are exempted from the application fee. IPOs are payable by all other candidates including ICMR employees.
(1) Pay Band PB-3 Rs.15,600-39,100 + Grade Pay Rs.6,600
(2) Allowances as per Central Government Rules are admissible on theabove pay Scale.
(3) Benefits of new restructured defined contributory Pension system areadmissible as per the provision contained in the Ministry of FinanceDepartment of Economic Affairs (ECB & PR Division), Notification No.5/7/2003-ECB & PR dated 22.12.2003 effective from 1.1.2004.
(4) Private practice is not allowed. However, non-practicing allowance isadmissible to medical graduates only as per rules.
(5) Applications from employees working in Central/State Govt. Departments/Public Sector Undertakings and Govt. funded research agencies must beforwarded through proper channel.
6. Documents to be enclosed with the application form (copies attested byGazetted Officer)Proof of Date of Birth Education QualificationsExperienceCrossed Indian Postal Order (IPO) for Rs.100/- (Rupees One hundredonly) payable to the Director, RMRC, Bhubaneswar
Tentative Last Date :16-09-2012
About the organization:
The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), New Delhi, the apex body in India for the formulation, coordination and promotion of biomedical research, is one of the oldest medical research bodies in the world.As early as in 1911, the Government of India set up the Indian Research Fund Association (IRFA) with the specific objective of sponsoring and coordinating medical research in the country. After independence, several important changes were made in the organisation and the activities of the IRFA. It was redesignated in 1949 as the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) with considerably expanded scope of functions.The ICMR is funded by the Government of India through the Department of Health Research, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare.The Council’s research priorities coincide with the National health priorities such as control and management of communicable diseases, fertility control, maternal and child health, control of nutritional disorders, developing alternative strategies for health care delivery,
Indian Council Of Medical Research
Regional Medical Research Centre,
Click above to download
the vacancy details