FOR THIS OPENING LAST DATE OVER ! BUT STILL
YOU CAN SUBMIT YOUR RESUME HERE. --< REGISTER NOW
Scientist ‘C’ (Organic Chemistry / Natural Product Chemistry), Jobs & Vacancy in Research at Indian Council of Medical Research, Belgaum Jun 2012
Job or Vacancy Description:
Applications are invited for one post of Scientist ‘C’ (Organic Chemistry / Natural Product Chemistry) in the Pay Band PB-3 Rs.15600-39100 + Grade Pay Rs. 6600/- at the ICMR’s Regional Medical Research Centre, Belgaum.
Name of the post : Scientist ‘C’ (Organic Chemistry / Natural Product Chemistry) : 01
Pay Band : PB-3 Rs.15600-39100
Grade Pay : Rs. 6600/-
Essential Qualification :
(i) 1st class Master’s degree in Chemistry / Chemical Sciences (Organic Chemistry) or equivalent degree from a recognized University.
Or 2nd Class Master’s Degree with Ph. D. Degree in Organic Chemistry / Natural Product Chemistry from a recognized University.
(ii) Four years R&D experience in Organic Chemistry / Natural Product Chemistry after obtaining essential qualification (i) above.
Desirable Qualification :
(i) Doctorate Degree in Organic Chemistry / Natural Product Chemistry from a recognized University.
(ii) Additional Post doctoral research/ teaching experience in Organic Chemistry / Natural Product Chemistry, particularly in the field of medicinal plants from recognized institute(s).
(iii) Knowledge of Computer Applications or Business Intelligence tools / Data Management and instrumentation.
Job requirements :
i) To plan and execute research projects in the field of phytochemistry and related areas. Candidate should be capable of independently formulate research program with an emphasis on developing strong interdisciplinary research components through extramural funding.
ii) To organize assist/ coordinate human resource development programs of the Centre.
iii) To assist Director-in-Charge in administrative matters relating to research training and general activities of the Centre.
Age Limit : Not exceeding 40 years.
How to apply :Application forms and other information can be obtained from ICMR’s website.Application forms duly completed in all respects and signed by the applicant should be sent to theDirector-in-charge,Regional Medical Research Centre,Nehru Nagar,Belgaum – 590 010Documents to be enclosed with the application form (Copies attested by Gazetted Officer) roof of Date of BirthEducational qualification ExperienceCrossed Indian Postal Order (IPO) for Rs.100/- (Rupees One hundred only) payable to the Director-in-charge, Regional Medical Research Centre, Belgaum. SC/ST and physically handicapped (PH) candidates are exempted from the application fee. IPOs are payable by all other candidates including ICMR employees. Unsigned / Incomplete application or application without supportive evidence asked for/ without postal order application received late shall be summarily rejected.
1. Candidates belonging to SC/ST and OBC communities will have to furnish certificate from prescribed authority in the required format failing which they will not be entitled to the concession admissible to them if any.
2. The number of vacancies to be filled may vary at the time of actual selection. In the event of non-availability of suitable candidates for the advertised posts, the positions can be filled up at lower level. Allowances as per Central Government rules are admissible on the prescribed pay scales.
3. Candidates called for interview for the post of Director/Scientist-E, Scientist-D will be paid Ist class rail fare and for the post of Scientist-C and Scientist-B will be paid 2nd Class rail fare by shortest route on production of documents. No TA/DA is admissible for joining the post or on termination of appointment.
4. The name of the post of applied for advertisement reference. Institute/Centre must be indicated in the application form. Separate application form should be submitted for each post along with application fee by Crossed Indian Postal Order (IPO) for Rs.100/- (Rupees One hundred only) payable to the Director General, Indian Council of Medical Research, New Delhi.
5. Application from employees working in Centre/State Government Department/Public Sector Undertakings & Govt. funded research agencies must be forwarded through proper channel along with the certificate of the employer that the applicant will be relieved within three months of his/her receipt of appointment orders.
6. Since it is not possible to call all the eligible candidates for the interview/personal discussion, the applicants will be short-listed for this purpose through written test or by departmental screening committee. The decision of the Director General, ICMR will be final in this regard.
7. Applications from employees working in Central/State Govt. Departments/ Public SectorUndertakings and Govt. funded research agencies must be forwarded through proper channel.
Tentative Last Date: 28-07-2012
About the organization:
The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), New Delhi, the apex body in India for the formulation, coordination and promotion of biomedical research, is one of the oldest medical research bodies in the world.As early as in 1911, the Government of India set up the Indian Research Fund Association (IRFA) with the specific objective of sponsoring and coordinating medical research in the country. After independence, several important changes were made in the organisation and the activities of the IRFA. It was redesignated in 1949 as the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) with considerably expanded scope of functions.The ICMR is funded by the Government of India through the Department of Health Research,
Indian Council of Medical Research
Belgaum – 590 010
Click above to download
the vacancy details