FOR THIS OPENING LAST DATE OVER ! BUT STILL
YOU CAN SUBMIT YOUR RESUME HERE. --< REGISTER NOW
Scientists & Engineers, Jobs & Vacancy in Engineering at Indian Space Research Organisation, Delhi Feb 2012
Job or Vacancy Description:
Annual Recruitment of Scientists/Engineers ‘SC’ with BE/B.TECH OR Equivalent Degree in Electronics, Mechanical
Indian Space Research Organisation [ISRO] is engaged in application of Space Science and Space Technology for the development of society at large and for serving the nation by achieving self-reliance by indigenously developing capability to design and develop Space Transportation Systems and Satellites.
ISRO offers the position of Scientist/Engineer `SC’ in the pay band of Rs. 15600-39100 with grade pay of Rs. 5400/- to the young graduates in the following specialized fields:-
Eligibility: BE/B.Tech or equivalent in First Class with an aggregate minimum of 65% (average of all semesters for which results are available). Candidates who are slated to complete the BE/B.Tech course in the academic year 2011-12 are also eligible to apply provided final Degree is available by 31.8.2012
Age Limit: 35 years as on 28-02-2012 (40 years in case of SC/ST candidates and 38 years for OBC candidates, Ex-serviceman and Persons with Disabilities[PWD] are eligible for age relaxation as per Govt. of India orders).
How to apply : The application for on-line registration will be hosted in the ISRO web-site between 08-02-2012 and 28-02-2012. Candidates may visit our web-site at isro.gov.in to register their applications on-line between 08-02-2012 and 28-02-2012. Applications will be received on-line only. Upon registration, applicants will be provided with an on-line Registration Number, which should be carefully preserved for future reference. E-mail ID of the applicant will have to be given in the application compulsorily.Payment of
Application Fee : There will be an Application Fee of Rs.100/- (Rupees One Hundred Only) for each application. After registration of application on-line, the candidates have to down-load and print the personalized payment challan form, in triplicate, from the ISRO system which will contain the Name of the candidate, Registration Number, Receipt Account Number, Advertisement No., Post No. and Post Code.
1. The application for on-line registration will be hosted in the ISRO web-site between 08-02-2012 and 28-02-2012. Candidates may visit our web-site at www.isro.gov.in to register their applications on-line between 08-02-2012 and 28-02-2012.
2. Payment of Application Fee : There will be an Application Fee of Rs.100/- (Rupees One Hundred Only) for each application. After registration of application on-line, the candidates have to down-load and print the personalized payment challan form, in triplicate, from the ISRO system which will contain the Name of the candidate, Registration Number, Receipt Account Number, Advertisement No., Post No. and Post Code.
3. The candidates may visit the nearest branch of State Bank of India for remittance of application fee to Receipt Account No.32034064593, by using the personalized payment challan of State Bank of India on any day between 08.02.2012 and 29.02.2012.
4. Upon remittance of the application fee, one copy of the challan form will be retained by State Bank [Bank copy] and remaining two parts will be given to the candidate.
5. The remaining one copy of challan form [Applicant copy] shall be retained by the candidate for future reference. The payment shall be made through cash deposit only. Payment of Application Fee in any other form like cash, cheque, draft, money order, IPO, etc.
6. Women; Scheduled Castes (SC); Scheduled Tribes (ST); Ex-serviceman [EX] and Persons with Disabilities (PWD) candidates are exempted from payment of Application
7. Out of the two personalized registration confirmation form, the candidates have to send one part of the form [ISRO copy] alongwith a certificate indicated against each category, as below, to Sr. Administrative Officer (ICRB), ISRO Headquarters, Antariksh Bhavan,
8. Women Candidate – Gender certificate issued by the Principal of the College where last studied or Attested copy of PAN Card/Voter’s ID Card/College ID
Card/Passport/Driving License/Ration Card. SC/ST candidates – Attested copy of Caste Certificate
9. Persons with disabilities(PWD) – Attested copy of Medical Certificate indicating extent of disability issued by Medical Board Ex-Servicemen – Attested copy of Discharge Certificate
10. Applications, in respect of which the above certificates are not received alongwith a copy of the registration confirmation form [ISRO copy] on or before 07.03.2012 will not be considered for further processing under any circumstances.
11. Those candidates who are already employed under Central/State Government, Public Sector Undertakings or Autonomous Bodies have to send a `No Objection Certificate’ from the employer concerned, duly indicating their Registration Number and Post Code to Sr.
12. The candidate should have First Class with minimum 65% marks in the Qualifying Degree ie, BE/B.Tech or equivalent for submission of application on line.
13. Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Dispur, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, New Delhi and Thiruvananthapuram. However, the Organisation reserves the right to cancel
14. Based on the performance of the candidates in the Written Test, candidates will be short-listed for interview. The schedule and venue of the interview will be notified separately to the shortlisted candidates only.
indicated in the online application form to the place of interview (change of address and city for the purpose will not be entertained)..
15. Selected candidates will be appointed as Scientist/Engineer ‘SC’ in the pay band of 15600-39100 with grade pay of 5400/-. The gross emoluments in the minimum of pay band will at present be approximately Rs. 33,180/-p.m.
16. The employees will be governed by the New Pension Scheme. On employment in ISRO, other facilities are available such as medical facilities for self and dependants, subsidized canteen, transport allowance when official transport is not availed,
17. The posts are temporary, but likely to continue. The appointees are liable to be posted in any of the Centres/Units of the Indian Space Research Organisation /Department of Space situated anywhere in India as and when required. For details of ISRO Centres/Units, please visit ISRO Centers page
18. Candidates called for interview will have to produce all relevant original documents in proof of details furnished in their applications submitted on-line, at the time of interview.
Tentative Last Date:7-03-2012
About the organization:
Space activities in the country started during early 1960s with the scientific investigation of upper atmosphere and ionosphere over the magnetic equator that passes over Thumba near Thiruvananthapuram using small sounding rockets Realising the immense potential of space technology for national development, Dr. Vikram Sarabhai, the visionary leader envisioned that this powerful technology could play a meaningful role in national development and solving the problems of common man. Thumba Equatorial Rocket Launching Station (TERLS), a few meters from the coastline, St Mary Magdalene Church Thus, Indian Space programme born in the church beginning, space activities in the country, concentrated on achieving self reliance and developing capability to build and launch communication satellites for television broadcast, telecommunications and meteorological applications; remote sensing satellites for management of natural resources.The objective of ISRO is to develop space technology and its application to various national tasks. Accordingly, Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has successfully operationalised two major satellite systems namely Indian National Satellites (INSAT) for communication services and Indian Remote Sensing (IRS) satellites for management of natural resources; also, Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV) for launching IRS type of satellites and Geostationary Satellite Launch Vehicle (GSLV) for launching INSAT type of satellites. The Space Commission formulates the policies and oversees the implementation of the Indian space programme to promote the development and application of space science and technology for the socio-economic benefit of the country. DOS implements these programmes through, mainly Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO), Physical Research Laboratory (PRL), National Atmospheric Research Laboratory (NARL), North Eastern-Space Applications Centre (NE-SAC) and Semi-Conductor Laboratory (SCL). The Antrix Corporation, established in 1992 as a government owned company, markets the space products and services Click here for Organisation Chart From the beginning, space activities in the country, concentrated on achieving self reliance and developing capability to build and launch communication satellites for television broadcast, telecommunications and meteorological applications; remote sensing satellites for management of natural resources.
ISRO CENTRALISED RECRUITMENT BOARD(ICRB)
ISRO Indian Space Research Organisation
Click above to download
the vacancy details