Scientist (Various Descipline),Water Resources Engineering,Environmental Engineering,Environmental Science,Agriculture, Jobs & Vacancy in Engineering at Centre for Water Resources Development and Management, Kozhikode Jun 2012
Job or Vacancy Description:
Applications are invited for the following posts :
Scientist (Various Descipline): 07
Pay Scale: Rs.15600-39100 + Grade Pay Rs.5400/-
Water Resources Engineering
Qualification : Essential: First class BE or B. Tech in Civil/Water Resources Engineering. First class M.E or M.Tech in Water Resources Engineering
Desirable: Specialization or work experience surface water hydrology
Water Resources Engineering
Qualification : Essential: First class B. E or B.Tech in Civil/Water Resources Engineering. First class M.E or M.Tech in Water Resources Engineering
Desirable: Specialization or work experience in Groundwater Hydrology
Qualification : Essential: First class B.E or B.Tech in Civil/Environmental Engineering. First class M.E or M.Tech in Environmental Engineering.
Desirable: Specialization or work experience in EIA of Water Resources/Liquid & solid waste management with reference to water resources
Qualification : Essential: First class M.Sc in Chemistry/Environmental Science. Ph.D in Environmental Science.
Desirable: Specialization or work Experience in water quality management
Qualification : Essential: First class M.A/M.Sc in Geography.Ph.D in Geography/Remote Sensing
Desirable: Specialization or work Experience in remote sensing and GIS
Qualification : Essential: First class M.Sc in Agricultural Science Ph.D in Agricultural Science/Botony with specialization in Plant/Crop Physiology
Desirable: Work Experience in R & D in plant-water relation
Qualification : Essential: First class M.Sc in Agricultural Science Ph.D in Agricultural Science with specialization in Agricultural Economics
Desirable: Work Experience in Agricultural Economics
How To Apply: Registrar , CWRDM, Kunnamangalam, PO Kozhikode- 673 571
1. The columns requiring additional sheets must be elaborated with annexures and a separate list of enclosures item wise with page numbers should precede the enclosures. All annexures should be consecutively arranged and must bear the name and signature of the applicant’
2. CWRDM, a constituent unit of KSCSTE, is a premier R&D Institution working in the Water Sector. We are on the lookout for ideal candidates to fill up the seven vacancies of Scientists in the disciplines of Water Resources Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, Geography and Agriculture.
3. Age limit: 35 years as on 01 June 2012 with usual relaxation to qualified internal candidates and candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ OBC etc. as per Kerala Government rules.Interested candidates may apply in the prescribed application form, so as reach the Registrar , CWRDM, Kunnamangalam, PO Kozhikode- 673 571 within 30 days of publication of this advertisement.
4. Persons employed in Govt. /Quasi Govt. Institutions should apply through proper channel. Short listed candidates will be called for an interview. Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
5. The staff of CWRDM, belonging to different disciplines, serve as the core faculty for the training programmes, and resource persons are also invited from other reputed organisations. Both induction courses and in-service courses are conducted for the officials in addition to specialised
6. The training facilities in the campus include: lecture halls, auditorium, trainees hostel, guest house, library, etc.In addition to the WRMTP, training programmes were also conducted for EC, Swiss Intercorporation, World Bank assisted projects, CWC, NABARD, KSEB,
Tentative Last Date :12-07-2012
About the organization:
Recognising the need for catering to the R&D needs in the field of water management, the Centre for Water Resources Development and Management (CWRDM) was established as an autonomous research organisation by the Government of Kerala, under its Science and Technology Policy in February 1978. Two of the important personalities behind the establishment of this institute were Shri C Achutha Menon, former Chief Minister of Kerala and Dr P K Gopalakrishnan, former Secretary to the Government of Kerala, both of revered memory. The Centre had a steady growth along with its other sister institutes under the umbrella of the State Committee on Science, Technology and Environment.The Centre originally established at Thiruvananthapuram was shifted to the present 35 ha-campus at Calicut in 1979. The main building at the headquarters, completed in 1988, has 7000 sq m plinth area. In addition to this, there are separate buildings to house the isotope hydrology lab, hostels for trainees and canteen. Today, around 50 families of the staff are residing in the quarters constructed in the campus.Dr C M Jacob, the former Vice-Chancellor of the Kerala Agricultural University, was the founder Director of the Centre. The Centre initially had six scientific divisions, dealing with surface water, ground water, water management-agriculture, water quality and environment, education and extension,
Centre for Water Resources Development and Management
Kunnamangalam, PO Kozhikode- 673 571
Click above to download
the vacancy details