Project Scientist-C,Project Scientist – B,Office Assistant (contract), Jobs & Vacancy in Research at Indian National Centre for Ocean Information Services, Hyderabad Jul 2012
Job or Vacancy Description:
INCOIS a knowledge and information technology enterprise for the oceanic realm IS pursuing focused programmes in the areas of Ocean Observations. INCOIS is currently offering the following temporary positions to bright, dynamic and motivated persons to contribute to its missions and
projects on contract mode. :
Project Scientist-C : 01 post
Project Scientist – B : 06 posts
Research Assistant : 01 post
Project Assistant : 08 postspublic sector recruitment
Office Assistant (contract) : 03 posts
How to Apply : Apply Online at INCOIS . Print out of the online application duly signed and affixed with latest passport size photograph, supported by attested copies of etc., should be sent in a sealed envelop superscribed with “Application for Post No.______” to: The Director, Indian National Centre for Ocean Information Services (INCOIS), “Ocean Valley”, Pragathi Nagar B.O., Nizampet S.O., Hyderabad – 500 090, India,
1. Selected candidates are required to work in shift duties, if assigned, and also to participate in various field programmes on board research vessels, fishing boats, etc or any other workassigned
2. The posts are temporary in nature and are initially for a period of two years and further extension will be based on the requirements of project and performance of the candidate.
3. The candidate’s age should not exceed the age limit mentioned above as on August 13, 2012.
4. Candidates who are already employed in government/public sector/autonomous undertakings are required to forward their applications through proper channel.
5. The number of posts and designations may vary at the discretion of Director, INCOISINCOIS reserves the right not to fill up any positions.Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.Initial Place of Posting : Hyderabad
6. To apply, the applicant must fill the Online Application Form. Applications received electronically must be followed by a duly signed hard copy attached
7. category of reservation (if applicable) and experience etc., should be sent in a sealed envelop superscribed with “Application for PostNo._______” to: The Director, Indian National Centre for Ocean Information Services (INCOIS), “Ocean Valley”, Pragathi Nagar B.O., Nizampet S.O., Hyderabad – 500 090, India,
Tentative Last Date :20-08-2012
About the organization:
Oceans play a significant role in the national development process as (i) the driving force for monsoons,(ii) a potential source of food, energy and drugs (iii) a cost effective medium for transport and (iv) a strategic space.Disasters such as cyclones originate in oceanic regions. Enrichment of the Oceanic Knowledge base, improved forecast of weather and climate as well as sustainable development of ocean eco systems and coastal areas are essential to improve the quality of life on the Planet EarthThe Indian National Centre for Ocean Information Services (INCOIS), has a mission i.e. to provide the best possible ocean information and advisory services to the society, industry, government and scientific community through sustained ocean observations and constant improvement through systematic and focussed research.Confluence of Ocean Science, Ocean Observing Systems (both Satellite based and In-situ) and Information Technology is vital to the realisation of this mission.’The fisheries research together with the technological advancement has accelerated the process to know the resource beneath the water.
Indian National Centre for Ocean Information Services (INCOIS)
(An Autonomous Body under Ministry of Earth Sciences, Government of India)
Click above to download
the vacancy details