Inspector of Income Tax,Tax Assistant,Stenographer Gr.II, Jobs & Vacancy in Officer at Income Tax Department, Delhi Sep 2012
Job or Vacancy Description:
Recruitment of Meritorious Sportspersons in the Income Tax Department, Delhi – I Chief Commissioner of Income Tax, Delhi-I invites applications for the recruitment of meritorious Sportspersons in different games/ sports :
Inspector of Income Tax : 05 posts, Pay Scale : Rs.9300-34800 grade pay Rs.4600
Tax Assistant : 25 posts, Pay Scale : Rs.5200–20200 grade pay Rs. 2400
Stenographer Gr.II : 07 posts, Pay Scale : Rs.5200–20200 grade pay Rs. 2400
Age : 18-27 years.government jobs
How to Apply : Application in the prescribed format should be send to The Additional Commissioner of Income-Tax (HQ – Personnel) Personnel, Room No. 378, IIIrd Floor, Central Revenue Building, I. P. Estate, New Delhi – 110002
1. The material contained in this website is of general information and compilation of statutes, circulars, and notifications etc. It is not intended to be legal advice on any particular matter. Since, the contents in this website are dynamic in nature, viewers are advised, in their own interest,
2. The Chief Commissioner of Income Tax, Delhi-I, New Delhi invites application for the Recruitment of meritorious Sportspersons in different games, sports as listed below for the posts of Inspectors in the pay scale of Rs.9300-34800; Grade Pay Rs.4600,
3. Collection of Income-tax was well organised and it constituted a major part of the revenue of the State. A big portion was collected in the form of income-tax from dancers, musicians, actors and dancing girls, etc. This taxation was not progressive but proportional to the fluctuating income.
4. Even gambling operations were centralised and tax was collected on these operations. A tax called yatra vetana was levied on pilgrims. Though revenues were collected from all possible sources,
5. The revenues collected in this manner were spent on social services such as laying of roads, setting up of educational institutions, setting up of new villages and such other activities beneficial to the community.
Tentative Last Date:25-10-2012
About the organization:
It is a matter of general belief that taxes on income and wealth are of recent origin but there is enough evidence to show that taxes on income in some form or the other were levied even in primitive and ancient communities. The origin of the word “Tax” is from “Taxation” which means an estimate. These were levied either on the sale and purchase of merchandise or livestock and were collected in a haphazard manner from time to time. Nearly 2000 years ago, there went out a decree from Ceaser Augustus that all the world should be taxed. In Greece, Germany and Roman Empires, taxes were also levied sometime on the basis of turnover and sometimes on occupations. For many centuries, revenue from taxes went to the Monarch. In Northern England, taxes were levied on land and on moveable property such as the Saladin title in 1188.
Government of India
Income Tax Department
Office of the Chief Commissioner of Income Tax (CCA), Delhi-I
IIIrd Floor, Central Revenue Building, I. P. Estate, New Delhi – 110002
Click above to download
the vacancy details