Professor,Associate Professor ,Assistant Professor, Jobs & Vacancy in Others at Staff Selection Commission, Mumbai Dec 2013
Job or Vacancy Description:
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) Western Region (WR), Mumbai, invite application for the following posts in various Ministries/ Offices of the Government of India :
Milk Recorder : 01 post, Pay Scale : Rs. 5200-20200 grade pay Rs. 1900
Storekeeper Gr. III : 03 posts, Pay Scale : Rs. 5200-20200 grade pay Rs. 1900
Technician : 03 posts, Pay Scale : Rs. 5200-20200 grade pay Rs. 2400
Scientific Assistant – I : 15 posts, Pay Scale : Rs. 5200-20200 grade pay Rs. 2800public sector recruitment
Junior Chemist : 07 posts, Pay Scale : Rs. 9300-34800 grade pay Rs. 2800
Junior Technical Assistant : 01 post, Pay Scale : Rs. 9300-34800 grade pay Rs. 4200
Botanical Assistant : 03 posts, Pay Scale : Rs. 9300-34800 grade pay Rs. 4200
Junior Fishing Gear Technologist : 01 post, Pay Scale : Rs. 9300-34800 grade pay Rs. 4200
Assistant Epigraphist (Arabic and Persian Inscriptions) : 03 posts, Pay Scale : Rs. 9300-34800 grade pay Rs. 4200
Draughtsman Grade-I : 03 posts, Pay Scale : Rs. 9300-34800 grade pay Rs. 4200
Editor : 03 posts, Pay Scale : Rs. 9300-34800 grade pay Rs. 4600
Sr. Technical Assistant (Hydrogeology) : 01 post, Pay Scale : Rs. 9300-34800 grade pay Rs. 4600
Information Assistant : 01 post, Pay Scale : Rs. 9300-34800 grade pay Rs. 4200
Sr. Technical Assistant (Chemical) : 01 post, Pay Scale : Rs. 9300-34800 grade pay Rs. 4600
Fee Payable : Rs.50/- (No fee for Women/ SC/ST/PH and Ex-Servicemen) by means of Central Recruitment Fee Stamps (CRFS) only, available at head post office all over the country.
SELECTION PROCEDURES: i. Usually, the selection to the posts will be made on the basis of an Interview/ PersonalityTest/Skill Test. The Commission may conduct CST if required before calling forInterview/Personality. Mere fulfilling of minimum prescribed qualifications etc. would notentitle a applicant to be called for the Interview/ Personality Test/Skill Test.Commission may make a preliminary selection of applicants on the basis of their educational qualifications, academic records, percentage of marks etc. and the applicants thus selected will be required to undergo an interview/Personality Test/Skill Test. The Interview will be held at Staff Selection Commission (WR), Mumbai or at any other place as decided by the Commission.
ii. The Commission may, at its discretion decide not to hold a Proficiency Test in appropriate subject for any of the categories of posts or to make a screening of applicants on the basis of percentage of marks on the EQ, where it is felt necessary, before the applicants are called for Interview/Personality Test/Skill Test/Proficiency Test. The Proficiency Test would be in the relevant subject, which will be intimated to the applicants in due course of time.
How to Apply : Application in prescribed format should be sent in an envelope superscribed with bold letters as “Application for the posts of ……………….. ” on or before 16/12/2013 to
Office of the Regional Director,
Staff Selection Commission,
(Western Region) 1ST Floor,
101, MK Road,
Mumbai – 400020.
1. Please go through the notice for the Recruitment and also these instructions carefully beforeapplying for any of the posts mentioned in the Notice. You must satisfy yourself that you areeligible for the post for which you are applying.
2. Use only blue/black pen for filling up the Application Form.
3. Instructions have been given for most items in the application itself which should be gonethrough carefully before filling up the boxes. For items for which instructions are not availableor require further clarification, further instructions given below may be gone through carefully.
4. Column 10 may be filled up carefully. Ex-Servicemen candidates are also required to fill upcolumns 10 and 10.1.
5. PH candidates are required to fill up Columns 11, 11.1 16 and 16.1 as may be applicable. TheCommission may decide to hold screening/skill test for certain posts and therefore, VHcandidates should fill in columns 16 and 16.1
6. Column No. 12.1 – (Refer Appendix-XI of the notification for filling up this column)
7. Column No. 13 – For all categories age as on normal closing date for receipt of applicationsshould be indicated.
8. Column 17 – Educational Qualification: (Refer Appendix-X of the notification for filling up thiscolumn)
9. Candidates should read carefully the Essential Qualification required for the post for which theyare applying and ensure that they fulfill the same. Documents in support of EssentialQualifications should invariably be furnished along with the application failing which theapplications will be summarily rejected.
10. Column no. 19: Write your complete communication address including your Name in English incapital letters or in Hindi with blue/black ball pen. Do not forget to write 6 digit PIN in theboxes. Please indicate your email and mobile no. for filling in the column 19.1.
Tentative Last Date :16-12-2013
About the organization:
The functions of the Staff Selection Commission as per Resolution No. 39018/1/98-Estt (B) dated 21.05.1999 and its subsequent amendments vide Resolution No.24012/8-A/2003-Estt (B) dated 13.11.2003, 29.09.2005, 14th January 2011 and 24th July, 2012 are given as under :-To make Recruitment to Group ‘B’ (Non-Gazetted) posts and Group ‘C’ (Non-Technical) posts under Government of India and their attached and subordinate offices, except those posts which are specifically exempt from the purview of Staff Selection Commission in Pay Band-2 and Pay Band-1carrying Grade Pay upto Rs.4800/- through conduct of competitive examinations.To make recruitment to such posts under Government of India by election through interviews, in Pay Band-2 and Pay Band-1 carrying Grade pay upto Rs.4800/- which may, at the discretion of the Commission, be preceded by a short listing or skill test.To conduct Limited Departmental Competitive Examinations of the Central Secretariat Clerical/Stenographers Services and such other Services as have been or may be entrusted to the Commission.
STAFF SELECTION COMMISSION (SSC)
(Western Region – WR)
1ST Floor, South Wing, Pratistha Bhavan, 101, MK Road, Mumbai – 400020
Click above to download
the vacancy details