Section Officer, Jobs & Vacancy in Officer at Punjab Public Service Commission, Patiala Apr 2013
Job or Vacancy Description:
The Punjab Public Service Commission invites Online Application Forms from eligible candidates for recruitment to the Posts of Section Officer in the Department of Finance (Treasuries and Accounts) Govt. of Punjab :
Section Officer : 126 posts, Pay Scales : Rs. 10300 – 34800 Grade Pay Rs. 500/-, Age : 18 – 38 years as on 01/01/2013. Age relaxation as per Punjab Govt. rules.
Application Feefaculty opening
1 The candidates are required to pay the examination fee as mentioned below:
2. Scheduled Castes/ Scheduled Tribes of all States and Backward Classes of Punjab : Rs. 625/-
3. Ex-Servicemen of all States : No Fee to be paid
4. All Others Categories (including Lineal Descendent of Ex-servicemen, Punjab) : Rs. 2500/-
5. Physically Handicapped of Punjab : Rs. 1250/-
6. The candidates entitled to fee concession/exemption MUST submit with their Application Form, a self attested copy of the certificate certifying their claim for fee concession/exemption. Candidates who do not submit such a certificate shall not be entitled to fee concession/exemption under any circumstances.
7. The Examination fee must be submitted alongwith the print out of Online Application Form duly signed by the candidate. The Examination fee shall be in the form of SINGLE Demand Draft in original issued by a branch of State Bank of India or State Bank of Patiala, drawn in favour of the Secretary, Punjab Public Service Commission, payable at Patiala. The Application Forms received without a valid Bank Demand Draft or with inadequate examination fee shall be summarily rejected.
How to Apply : Apply Online at Punjab PSC . Take print out of the system generated application form and send it with relevant documents
i Each Paper shall consist of 100 questions and each question shall carry 02 marks and for every wrong answer 1 mark shall be deducted. There will, however, be no negative marking in respect of un-attempted questions.
ii The objective type multiple choices questions for the Competitive Examination shall be from the syllabus of M.Com. (I, II, III and IV Semester) prescribed by Punjabi University, Patiala.
iii The Papers are required to be attempted in English language only.
iv The minimum qualifying marks shall be 40% for all categories including reserve category candidates.
v No candidate shall be credited with any marks in any paper unless he/she obtains at least 40% in it.
vi The object of the Competitive Examination is to shortlist candidates for interview. No candidate shall be allowed to appear in the Interview unless he/she secures minimum 160 marks (read 40% for all categories including reserved category candidates) in the Competitive Examination out of 400 marks.
vii The candidates applying for the Competitive Examination should ensure that they fulfill all the eligibility conditions for admission to the examination.
viii Candidates who are employed should submit hard copy of the Application Form to the office of Punjab Public Service Commission under intimation to their employer at this stage.
Tentative Last Date :30-04-2013
About the organization:
The Joint Public Service Commission, the precursor of the Punjab Public Service Commission, with its writ running from the Khyber Pass to the Jamuna near Delhi, was born at Lahore on May 1,1937. In the wake of the Partition, the Punjab Public Service Commission resurged in February, 1948, at Shimla with its revised jurisdiction extending over the then province of East Punjab. Following the merger of the States of Punjab and Pepsu, it shifted to Patiala on Nov.1st,1956. On 1stNov1966, its territorial jurisdiction again decreased due to the formation of the States of Haryana and Himachal Pradesh. All decisions at a meeting of the Commission shall be recorded by the Secretary in the form of substantive resolutions? The factrum and dissent if any, shall be noted.
Punjab Public Service Commission (PPSC)
Baradari Garden, P.B. No. 39, Patiala – 147001, Punjab
Click above to download
the vacancy details