FOR THIS OPENING LAST DATE OVER ! BUT STILL
YOU CAN SUBMIT YOUR RESUME HERE. --< REGISTER NOW
Jr. Stenographer PB-1,Jr. Clerk PB-1 & Field Supervisor PB-1, Jobs & Vacancy in Officer at Marine Products Export Development Authority , Cochin Feb 2012
Job or Vacancy Description:
The Marine Products Export Development Authority Invites Applications for the following posts:
Name of the post Pay Band plus Grade Pay No. of vacancy
1. Jr. Stenographer PB-1, ` 5200- 20200 plus Grade Pay ` 2400 Two
2 Jr. Clerk PB-1, ` 5200- 20200 plus Grade Pay ` 1900 Eight
3 Field Supervisor PB-1, ` 5200- 20200 plus Grade Pay ` 2400 One
Educational and other qualifications required for the post
Jr. Stenographer – SSLC with 100 w.p.m speed in Shorthand (English) and 40 w.p.m in Typewriting (English)
Jr. Clerk – 1) Graduate in any subject from any recognized University.
2) Minimum pass class certificate in type writing English (30 words per minute) in an examination conducted by Board of Technical Examinations of any State Government.
3) Computer proficiency as desirable qualification.
Field Supervisor – D.F.Sc. of the CIFE/a post graduate degree in Mariculture/Aquaculture/Fishery Science/Zoology/Marine Biology/Ocean Life Science/Industrial Fisheries or equivalent.
Application fee of Rs.250/- (non-refundable) in the form of Demand Draft drawn in favour of “the Secretary, MPEDA” payable at Cochin should be sent along with each application. No application fee is required in the case of SC/ST and Departmental applicants.
Applications which are received late/incomplete/without the copies of certificates attested by Gazetted officers and without Demand Draft will be summarily rejected.
How to apply : Application in the prescribed pro-forma should reach “The Secretary, The Marine Products Export Development Authority, MPEDA House, Panampilly Avenue, Panampilly Nagar, Cochin-682036” The cover enclosing the application should be superscribed “Application for the post of Junior Stenographer OR Jr. Clerk OR Field Supervisor”. Applications for all the above posts will be considered only subject to the general conditions indicated above. Pro-forma of application in pdf. file can be downloaded from our Website mpeda.com or obtained from the Deputy Director (Personnel) on request.
1) Candidates employed in Govt./Semi-Govt./Public Sector Undertaking should send their applications through proper channel. However advance copies of applications can be sent directly.
2) The upper age limit prescribed for all posts is relaxable by a maximum of 10 years in the case of employees of MPEDA and its Societies including SC/ST and OBC candidates. In the case of open SC/ST and OBC candidates, the upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years and 3 years respectively.
3) Application fee of `250/- (non-refundable) in the form of Demand Draft drawn in favour of “The Secretary, MPEDA”, payable at Cochin should be sent along with each application. No application fee is required in the case of SC/ST and Departmental Candidates.
4) Experience in the requisite discipline/field only will be considered.
5) Applications which are received late/incomplete/without the copies of certificates attested by Gazetted officers and without Demand Draft will be summarily rejected.
6) If selected, the recruits are liable to be posted anywhere in India.
7) For the posts reserved for SC/ST/OBC candidates, the candidates belong to that category need only apply.
8) Copies of certificates (in support of the details furnished against Sl. No.5,6,7 and 13 of the pro-forma of application) attested by Gazetted Officers should be enclosed.
9. Application in the prescribed pro-forma should reach “The Secretary, The Marine Products Export Development Authority, MPEDA House, Panampilly Avenue, Panampilly Nagar, Cochin-682036” on or before 21st February, 2012.
10. The cover enclosing the application should be superscribed “Application for the post of …………………………” Applications for all the above posts will be considered only subject to the general conditions indicated above.
11. Pro-forma of application in pdf. file can be downloaded from our Website http://www.mpeda.com or obtained from the Deputy Director (Personnel), Marine Products Export Development Authority, Cochin-36, on request.
Tentative Last Date: 25-02-2012
About the organization:
India with a long coast line and abundant fishery resources have emerged as one of the leading seafood suppliers in the world. The Marine Products Export Development Authority, a nodal agency set up by the Govt. of India in 1972 for the promotion of seafood exports from India, through this website gives a detailed account of India’s seafood potential, products, processing units and export performance. The Seafood Industry of India has come a long way and today seafood is exported to nearly 100 countries from India.MPEDA in association with the trade has been organizing seafood trade fairs [India International Seafood Show (IISS)] every alternate year within India. Over the years, these fairs have achieved a distinct position among international trade fairs. India International Seafood Show is one of the largest Seafood Fairs in Asia. It is a biennial show and a common forum for meeting under one roof – Seafood processors, Exporters, Importers, Aquaculturists, Processing Machinery manufacturers and allied industries. The first show was held in 1973 at Mumbai. The show attracts a large number of seafood trading people and enables them to find out suitable means of strengthening the seafood trade for mutual benefits. The very objective of organizing the IISS is to highlight India’s immense fishery potential and the rapid progress made by the country in the fisheries sector. The IISS offers immense opportunity to the participants to exchange ideas for mutual benefits and explore further possibility in strengthening the trade relationship.The 17th IISS was a completely revamped event which saw the participation in terms of stalls, delegates and visitors registering a multi-fold increase. As against 79 exhibitors and 430 delegates during the last IISS-2008 there were 168 stalls and 1033 delegates surpassing the participation of all the previous seafood shows. Spread over an area of 4400 sq. mtr in the majestic Chennai Trade Centre, the show was a grand success. For the first time the show brought together the two ministries of Commerce and Fisheries, which control the marine products industry. Shri. Anand Sharma, Hon’ble Union Minister of Commerce & Industry inaugurated the function while Prof. K.V.Thomas, Union Minister of State for Agriculture, Food & Public Distribution delivered the keynote address. Ms. Leena Nair IAS, Chairman MPEDA welcomed the gathering and Shri. Elias Sait, Secretary General, SEAI extended the vote of thanks. Tamil Nadu Fisheries Minister, Shri. K.P.P.Samy, Orissa Agriculture Minister, Shri. Damodar Rout, Shri. Anwar Hashim, President, SEAI were the other distinguished speakers.During 2010-11 for the first time in the history of Marine product exports, the export earnings have crossed 2.8 billion US dollars. This is also first time export has crossed all previous records in quantity, rupee value and US $ terms. Exports aggregated to 8,13,091 tonnes valued at Rs. 12,901.47 crore and US Dollar 2,856.92 million. Compared to the previous year, seafood exports recorded a growth of 19.85% in quantity, 28.39% in rupee and 33.95% growth in US$ earnings respectively. The figures must be viewed in the light of the scenario of continuing recession in the international markets, debt crisis in EU economies, continuing antidumping duty in US and the sluggish growth in US economy, political instability in the Arab world. The increased production of Vannamei shrimp, increased productivity of Black tiger shrimp and better price realization of major items like Cuttlefish, Shrimp and Squid helped us to gain such a higher export turnover.Artemia Biomass has been commonly used over the years as feed for Fish larvae and Shrimp Broodstock.
Marine Products Export Development Authority
MPEDA House, Panampilly Avenue, Panampilly Nagar,
Click above to download
the vacancy details