Administrative Officer, Jobs & Vacancy in Officer at The Oriental Insurance Company Limited, Delhi Mar 2012
Job or Vacancy Description:
Applications are invited from Indian Citizens for the post of Administrative Officers (Scale I) in specialised discipline of Actuaries, Marketing/ Sales, Human Resource (HR), Information Technology, Accounts, Law, Engineers, Librarian and Generalist :
Post : Administrative Officer (AO) : 477 posts (UR-232, SC-69, ST-35, OBC-141)
Age : Minimum Age 21 years
Selection Procedure : Written test on 08/04/2012 shall be Descriptive paper in English language comprising of Essay, Precis Comprehension etc.
Application Fee : Rs.500/- (No fee for SC/ST/PWD)latest andhra govt jobs
How to Apply : Candidates are required to apply Online, in the given format on the basis of instructions given therein and register their applications. Online applications can be accessed on the URL link oiclao2012.com through Internet THE ORIENTAL INSURANCE COMPANY LTD. ( A Government of India Undertaking ) Head Office, Oriental House, A-25/27, Asaf Ali Road, New Delhi-110002.
1. Caste Certificate in respect of SC/ST/OBC candidates is to be obtained from the following Authorities to be produced at the time of Interview. District Magistrate
2. Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar. Sub-Divisional Officer of the area where the candidate and/or his family normally resides. In so far as the Scheduled Tribes communities
3. Candidates seeking reservation as OBC are, therefore, required to submit a certificate, at the time of Interview, as per the latest guidelines / format. Candidates serving in Govt./Quassi Govt./Public Sector Undertakings/Public Sector Financial Institution
4. The Company reserves the right to fix minimum eligibility standard/bench mark and restrict no. of candidates to be called for interview taking into account various factors like no. of vacancies, performance of the candidate etc. and decide to determine the qualifying marks for selecting candidates for the interview.
5. Company has its offices spread throughout India. The candidate selected for the posts are liable to be posted in any office in the country depending upon the requirements of the Company. Admission to written test/issuance of call letter for interview is purely on provisional basis without verification of age, qualification,
6. In case it is found at any stage of recruitment that the candidate does not fulfill the eligibility criteria and/or, the candidate has furnished any incorrect / false / incomplete information or has suppressed any material fact(s), his / her candidature will be cancelled.
7. In the case of Ex-Service Commissioned Officers include ECOs / SSCOs, who have rendered at least 5 years military service and have been released on completion of assignment otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct
8. In addition, Gratuity, LTS, Medical Benefits, Group Personal Accident Insurance, Group Savings Linked Insurance Scheme (GSLI) and other benefits shall be as per rules of the Company. They shall also be governed by the Rules of New Pension Scheme.
9. Applicants possessing the eligibility criteria shall be called for written examination which would comprise of the following: Professional knowledge test – for the posts under Group A to H (instead of General awareness test). The first three tests i.e. Test of Reasoning,
10. On the basis of performance in written examination, candidates will be called for interview and final selection will be made on overall performance in written examination and interview. Outstation candidates called for an interview
11. Competitive written examination will be held at 24 centres in India. The candidates may choose any one of the following centres, which must be indicated in the application form clearly. No change of centre will be allowed at a later date.
12. Selected candidates if certified to be medically fit, may be appointed as ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER (SCALE-I) on probation for a period of one year which may be extended as per the Decision of the Competent Authority. During the probation period the candidates are required
13. The Company reserves the right to terminate the services of the candidate without assigning any reason therefor, at any time, during the probationary period and / or extended period of probation without any Notice. During the probationary period,
14. Candidates resigning from the Company during the probationary period shall be liable to pay the salary received by them during their entire service in the Company in addition to an amount of Rs.40,000/- towards partial cost of training.
15. On payment of the application fee, a receipt shall be issued to the candidates containing the details of the Posted Doc No., date of receipt, office code, account code & the name of the applicant. The amount will be credited to the Account
16. Candidates eligible for written examination for the post of AO (Scale-I) will have to visit the website link www.oiclao2012.com for downloading call letters for written examination by clicking “My Account”. Information of important dates/change of dates, if any, regarding written examination, uploading of the call letters etc.
17. List of ineligible candidates owing to non payment of application fee shall be posted on the site in “My Account” of the candidate. A period of one week shall be given to the candidates to contact in case they do not find their call letter posted on the website despite their payment of fee.
18. Candidates are required to have a valid personal E-mail ID. It should be kept active during the currency of the recruitment. The Company shall communicate and send call letters for written test, interview etc. through the registered email ID. Under no circumstances, the candidate should share password
19. Candidates are also advised to visit the Company’s Website at www.orientalinsurance.org.in or the link at www.oiclao2012.com frequently for any information which may be uploaded thereon. Caste Certificate in respect of SC/ST/OBC candidates is to be obtained from the following Authorities to be produced at the time of Interview.
20. In so far as the Scheduled Tribes communities of Tamil Nadu are concerned, the Certificate given by the Revenue Divisional Officer instead of Tehsildar would only be accepted. For claiming reservation under OBC category candidate should belong to such Caste
21. Candidates serving in Govt./Quassi Govt./Public Sector Undertakings /Public Sector Financial Institution may also apply through on-line but they have to produce No Objection Certificate from their employer at the time of interview, if short listed.
22. Company has its offices spread throughout India. The candidate selected for the posts are liable to be posted in any office in the country depending upon the requirements of the Company.
Tentative Last Date: 25-03-2012
About the organization:
The Oriental Insurance Company Ltd was incorporated at Bombay on 12th September 1947. The Company was a wholly owned subsidiary of the Oriental Government Security Life Assurance Company Ltd and was formed to carry out General Insurance business. The Company was a subsidiary of Life Insurance Corporation of India from 1956 to 1973 ( till the General Insurance Business was nationalized in the country). In 2003 all shares of our company held by the General Insurance Corporation of India has been transferred to Central Government.Selected candidates if certified to be medically fit, may be appointed as ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER (SCALE-I) on probation for a period of one year which may be extended as per the decision of the Competent Authority. During the probation period the candidates are required to pass the non-life “Licentiate Examination” conducted by the Insurance Institute of India. Only after passing the said examination will the candidate be eligible for confirmation of his services in the Company.
The Oriental Insurance Company Limited OICL
( A Government of India Undertaking )
Head Office, Oriental House, A-25/27, Asaf Ali Road, New Delhi-110002.
Click above to download
the vacancy details