FOR THIS OPENING LAST DATE OVER ! BUT STILL
YOU CAN SUBMIT YOUR RESUME HERE. --< REGISTER NOW
Probationary Officers, Jobs & Vacancy in Officer at Indian Overseas Bank, Chennai Apr 2012
Job or Vacancy Description:
Indian Overseas Bank (IOB), invites Online applications from Indian Citizens for the post of Probationary Officer in JMG – I Scale from those candidates who have taken the Common Written Examination (CWE) for Probationary Officers/Management Trainees conducted by IBPS in Sept / Nov 2011 and obtained a valid IBPS CWE-PO/MT-2011 Score Card of minimum 120 for General candidates and minimum 105 for SC/ST/OBC/PH category and and who meet the eligibility criteria mentioned in this notification :
Probationary Officers (PO) (JMGS-I) : 1500 posts (UR-736, OBC-392, SC-223, ST-149), Pay Scale : JMG-I – Rs.14500-25700/-, Age : 21-30 years as on 01/07/2011, Qualification : Graduation with minimum 60% Marks.(55% Marks for SC/ST/PC category) (ii) Computer literacy shall be an essential qualification, which the candidate must either possess before or acquire within six months of joining the Bank. (iii) Diploma in Banking & Finance (DBF) from Indian Institute of Banking and Finance (IIBF) is a desirable qualification besides the above entry level qualification.
Application Fee : Rs.200/- (Rs.50/- for SC/ST/PWD candidates) in cash at the any of the IOB and take candidate’s copy of Payment Receipt Challan.
How to Apply : Apply Online at IOB
1. A candidate must be either i) a Citizen of India or ii) a subject of Nepal or iii) subject of Bhutan or iv) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January, 1962
2. Graduation from a recognised university/Institution with minimum 60% Marks. (For Candidates belonging to SC/ST/PC category minimum 55% Marks). Graduation results should
3. Candidates are advised to only enter percentage of marks (calculated to the nearest two decimals) obtained in the Graduation in the on-line application form.
4. An ex- serviceman who has once joined a Government job on civil side after availing of the benefits given to him as an Ex-Serviceman for his re- employment,
5. Reservation is available for Physically Challenged candidates under section-33 of the Persons with Disabilities (Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights & Full participation)
6. the deaf are those persons in whom the sense of hearing is non- functional for ordinary purposes of life i.e. total loss of hearing in both ears. They do not hear; understand
7. Mere eligibility/ pass in the Common Written Examination shall not vest any right in a candidate for being called for Interview. Depending upon the number of vacancies,
8. Candidates are required to apply only ‘ON-LINE’ through Bank’s website. Any other form of application shall not be entertained. Only candidates willing to serve anywhere in India should
9. candidate’s eligibility. Bank has the right to cancel candidature at any stage if found that he/she is not fulfilling the eligibility criteria and /or that he/she has furnished any incorrect
10. All candidates called for Interview, will have to produce originals as well as attested photocopies of the prescribed certificates in support of their educational qualification, experience,
11. In case of candidates belonging to OBC category, the certificate inter-alia must specify that the candidate does not belong to “CREAMY LAYER” section excluded from the benefits
12. An Ex-serviceman candidate has to produce a copy of the discharge certificate / pension payment order and documentary proof of rank last / presently held
13. Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification. Any request for change of address/ e-mail id for communication will NOT be entertained. Candidates belonging
14. In case of any dispute on account of interpretation in any version other than English, the English version shall prevail. Any dispute arising out of this advertisement
15. Candidates are advised in their own interest that they should not furnish any particulars that are false, tampered, fabricatedor suppress any material information while filling
16. Eligible candidates are required to apply ‘ON-LINE’ only through our Bank’s website www.iob.in and no other means / mode of application will be acceptable.
17. Candidates are required to go through the detailed advertisement by clicking the Advertisement (English) or Advertisement (Hindi) available below Recruitment
18. After remitting the application fees/ postage charge, the candidates are required to revisit our Bank’s website www.iob.in and open the Caree
19. The payment of fees should be made between 30.03.2012 and 19.04.2012 (inclusive of both dates) and the last date for applying online
20. Only those candidates who have met with all the eligibility criteria mentioned in this notification and who have cleared their Common Written Examination
Tentative Last Date: 19-04-2012
About the organization:
The Constitution of the Board of the Bank is governed by “The Nationalized Banks (Management and Miscellaneous Provisions) Scheme, 1970, formulated by the Central Government, after consultation with the Reserve Bank of India, in exercise of the powers conferred by section 9 of “The Banking Companies (Acquisition and Transfer of Undertakings) Ac, t 1970″. The Composition of the Board of Directors of a Bank is governed by “The Nationalised Banks (Management and Miscellaneous Provisions)Scheme 1970″ read with “The Banking Companies (Acquisition and Transfer of Undertakings) and Financial Institutions Laws (Amendment) Act 2006″ and amendment to thevide Extraordinary Gazette Notification dated 19.02.2007 of the Central Government. In terms of The Banking Companies (Acquisition and Transfer of Undertakings Act 1970, the General Superintendence, Direction and Management of the affairs and business of the Bank vests in the Board of Directors which is entitled to exercise all such powers and do all such acts and things as the Bank is authorized to exercise and do. Presently, there are 12 Directors on the Board of the Bank. Brief Particulars of each of the directors are placed below: Shri M Narendra took charge as Chairman and Managing Director of Indian Overseas Bank on 1st November 2010.
Indian Overseas Bank (IOB)
763, Anna Salai, Chennai – 60002
Click above to download
the vacancy details