Pilot ,Marine Engineer,Senior Medical Officer,Medical Officer, Assistant Electrical Engineer (Floating Craft),Resident Medical Officer, Jobs & Vacancy in Health Care at Kandla Port Trust, Gandhidham May 2012
Job or Vacancy Description:
Applications are invited for the following posts in Kandla Port Trust through a walk-in-interview :
1. Pilot : 06 posts
2. Pilot : 09 posts on contract basis
3. Marine Engineer : 02 posts
4. Senior Medical Officer : 02 postsandhra pradesh government jobs
5. Medical Officer : 01 post
6. Assistant Electrical Engineer (Floating Craft) : 01 post
7. Resident Medical Officer : 01 post on contract basis
How to Apply : Interested candidates may furnish the prescribed application form in advance through E-mail to email@example.com and contact Dy. Secretary (G), Kandla Port Trust, A.O. Building, Gandhidham (Gujarat) Pin 370 201,
1) A SBM Allowance of Rs. 1,000/- per 12 hour shift or part thereof for Vadinar SBM pull back operations.
2) An annual increment of 10% of the daily allowance (after achieving full tonnage) will be given effect on the 1st of July every year to all Pilots irrespective of date of joining.
3) Pilots on contract basis will be engaged initially for a period of three years which is extendable for a further period of three years, if required by the Port Trust.
4) He shall execute a Security Bond to the effect that he shall serve in Kandla Port Trust as Pilot on contract basis for a minimum period of one year after completing training.
5) He may be assigned any other duties besides pilotage in the interest of the Port.
6) Either side can terminate the contract by giving one months notice. In case of Scheme-III, this is applicable after one year Bond period.
7) The above allowance is applicable to shipping movements at all Cargo/Oil berths, SBMs, Product Jetty or any other shipping operations including Pull back operations within the port facilities required to be done by the Pilot.
8) The Pilots who opt to stay in port quarter will be allotted “C” type quarter or equivalent quarter in Port colony at Kandla or Vadinar as the case may be on payment of Licence Fee as applicable to employees.Accommodation if required,
9) Medical facilities will be provided to self only, while staying at Kandla/ Vadinar to the extent available in the Port Hospital/Health Centre.
10) The Pilots will be provided with air-conditioned vehicle for attending pilotage operations.
Tentative Last Date:08-06-2012
About the organization:
The History of the Major Port of Kandla goes back to 1930, when H.E. Khengarji III, the Maharaja of Kutch built a RCC jetty at Old Kandla. Ships with draught up to 8 meters could berth in the said jetty throughout the year. This Jetty became the nucleus of what in later years was to emerge as the Kandla Port.The Kandla Port would not have gained the prominence it enjoy now, but for the intervention of history in the form of the country’s post independence partition into two Nations, INDIA and PAKISTAN. Due to the partition, the Port of Karachi went to Pakistan and therefore the whole North-West India was without an outlet to sea and the vast hinterland comprising of about one lakh Sq. Kms in the north-western region of the nation needed an alternate arrangement. The consequent diversion of traffic to the Bombay and Kolkata Ports was not only inconvenient and uneconomical to the Trade owing to the distance involved, it also severely strained the limited resources of these Ports. In order to remedy this situation, the Union Government set up a committee called the “West Coast Major Port Development Committee” in the year 1948.Kandla is a multi-product port. It has 12 dry cargo berths with a total length of 2.57 K.M. in a straight line and 6 oil berths for handling of POL and chemical. The Single Buoy Moorings in Vadinar can handle Very Large Crude Oil vessels (VLCC) with a pumping capacity of 5000 tonnes per hourThe Port is an autonomous body constituted by the Government of India under the MPT Act.
Kandla Port Trust
Click above to download
the vacancy details