POSTAL ASSISTANTS/SORTING ASSISTANTS AND POSTAL ASSISTANTS (SAVING BANK CONTROL ORGANIZATION), Jobs & Vacancy in Others at Haryana Postal Circle, Delhi Sep 2012
Job or Vacancy Description:
Direct Recruitment of Postal Assistants / Sorting Assistants / Postal Assistants (Savings Bank Control Organization) in Haryana Postal Circle.
Applications are invited from the eligible Applicants for filling of vacancies of POSTAL ASSISTANTS/SORTING ASSISTANTS AND POSTAL ASSISTANTS (SAVING BANK CONTROL ORGANIZATION)
The details of the vacancies in each DIVISION/Unit in the Circle are furnished as hereunder :
Name of Post No. of Post
Postal Assistants – 118
Sorting Assistants – 26
Postal Assistants (SBCO) – 06
Scale of Pay : Rs. 5200-20200 with Grade pay of Rs. 2400+ admissible allowance.
Age Limit : 18-27 years;government jobs
Educational Qualification :
(i) 10+2 Standard or 12th Class pass with at least 60% marks and above, from any recognized University/Board of School Education, Board of Secondary Education with English as a compulsory subject (excluding vocational streams) for OC candidates, 55% and above for Other Backward Classes and 45% and above for scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes shall apply.
(ii) Should have studied Hindi as a subject at least in Matriculation or equivalent.
Cost of Application Form : The Application Form is sold at a Price of Rs. 50 and the sale will be through All Head Post Offices and identified Post Offices in the Circles. The sale will commence from 11-08-2012 and last date for sale closes on 25-09-2012. There will be no sale after 25/09/2012.
Examination Fee : The Applicants have to pay the prescribed Examination fee of Rs. 200 (Rs. Two Hundred only) and it should be deposited in any of the Post Offices of Haryana Circle and obtain ACG-67/UCR receipt. All FEMALE CANDIDATES AND APPLICANTS BELONGING TO SCHEDULED CASTE/SCHEDULED TRIBE/PHYSICALLY HANDICAPPED CATEGORIES ARE EXEMPTED FROM PAYMENT OF EXAMINATION FEE.
How to apply : The Applicants have to carefully read & follow the instructions given in Information Brochure/Instruction sheet supplied along with Application form in filling the same. The Applications which do not conform to the conditions are liable to be rejected summarily.
Mode of dispatch : The Applications duly filled in along with original receipt of ACG-67/UCR issued by Post Office of Haryana Circle towards payment of Examination fee have to be sent to “Direct Recruitment Cell, New Delhi HO, New Delhi-110001” through SPEED POST/REGISTERED POST OF INDIA POST only. The Applications received through Courier or delivered in person will not be accepted.
i) The Applicants need not enclose/attach copies of any Certificates/Testimonials along with the Application except original ACG-67/UCR receipt issued by Post Office towards payment of Examination fee. All the applications are treated as provisional and admit card will be issued subject to his/her satisfying the eligibility conditions.
ii) The original OMR Application Form obtained through Post office alone should be used for applying for the Post. Xerox/Photostat copies will not be accepted under any circumstances.
The Applicants have to enclose a Window Envelope affixing a postage stamp of Rs. 5 (provided along with their OMR Application form) and send it along with the filled OMR Application Form to enable for dispatching the Admit Cards.
1. The crucial date for determining the age limits shall be the closing date for receipt of Applications from Applicants in India (and not the closing date prescribed for those Applicants residing in Assam/Meghalaya/Arunachal Pradesh/Mizoram/Manipur/Nagaland/Tripura/Sikkim/Ladakh division of J&K state, Lahul & Spiti District of HP and Pangi sub division of Chamba Distt in HP, Andaman & Nicobar Islands and Lakshadweep).
2. The Applicants shall be subjected to an Aptitude Test with a total 100 marks covering the following subjects/topics. Aptitude Test (Paper-I) will be comprising following four parts (A/B/C/D). The total duration of the Aptitude Test will be 2 hrs (120 Minutes). There is no negative marking.
3. The Typing Test shall be for a duration of 30 minutes (15 minutes each for Typewriting and data entry) consisting of one passage of 450 words in English or 375 words in Hindi to be typed with a minimum speed of 30/25 words per minute respectively & Data entry of some figures and letters each carrying equal marks on Computers The typing test and test of data entry operations will be conducted on Computer key board but not on type writer.
4. Fee paid through any mode other than UCR/ACG-67 in Post Office will not be accepted.The Candidate has to apply for one Post only, and if a candidate submits more than one Application form, his/her candidature shall liable to be cancelled and no communication will be sent in this regard.
5. The Applicants have to indicate their option of Division, in the Circle, to which they intend to apply and also indicate the options for Examination Centres belonging to that Circle only. For Example, a candidate applying for Haryana Circle,
6. The Applications duly filled in along with original receipt of ACG-67/UCR issued by Post Office of Haryana Circle towards payment of Examination fee have to be sent to “Direct Recruitment Cell, New Delhi HO, New Delhi-110001” through SPEED POST/REGISTERED POST OF INDIA POST only. The Applications received through Courier or delivered in person will not be accepted.
7. The Applicants need not enclose/attach copies of any Certificates/ Testimonials along with the Application except original ACG-67/UCR receipt issued by Post Office towards payment of Examination fee. All the applications are treated as provisional and admit card will be issued subject to his/her satisfying the eligibility conditions
8. The Aptitude Test will be preferably conducted on a common date for all the Postal Circles in India. The Admit card issued to the candidates will be purely provisional subject to his/her satisfying the eligibility conditions.
Tentative Last Date : 01-10-2012
About the organization:
India Post’s products and services will be the customer’s first choice.To sustain its position as the largest postal network in the world touching the lives of every citizen in the country.To provide the mail, parcel, money transfer, banking, insurance and retail services with speed and reliability. To provide services to customers on value-for money basis.To ensure that the employees are proud to be its main strength and serve its customers with a human touch.To continue to deliver social security services and to enable last mile connectivity as a Government of India platform.We serve all residents of India and we are the main service provider for rural citizens for mails and financial services Public Institutions , private businesses and print media,Letters, postcards, Inland letter cards, book packets, value payable post, parcels, Flat Rate Box, Logistics Post, ePost, etc.Registration and insurance of postal articles and parcels covered by such facility.Premium mail services like Speed Post, Business Post, Direct Post, Bill Mail Service, Express Parcel Post, etc.Delivery services are provided by the designated delivery post offices and Branch Post Offices in villages.
Department of PostsHaryana Postal Circle
New Delhi HO, New Delhi-110001
Click above to download
the vacancy details