Assistants & Stenographers, Jobs & Vacancy in Officer at STATE BANK Of INDIA , Mumbai Mar 2012
Job or Vacancy Description:
Central Recruitment & Promotion Department, State Bank of India, Corporate Centre, Mumbai invites Online applications from Indian citizens for appointment of Clerical Cadre 9500 posts of Assistants and Stenographers (Hindi/English) in State Bank of India (Earlier Advertisement of December 2011 is cancelled and the number of posts are revised – Those who have applied earlier can edit the details) :
Clerical posts – Assistants : 8500 posts in various states in India (UR-3145, OBC-1949, SC-2069, ST-1337) (PH-780) (see detailed advt. for State-wise distribution), Pay Scale : Rs.7200-19300/-, Age : 18-28 years as on 01/12/2011. Age relaxation as per Govt. rules.
Clerical posts – Stenographers : 1000 posts (Hindi-100, English-900) in various states in India (UR-537, OBC-250, SC-137, ST-79) (PH-175) (see detailed advt. for State-wise distribution), Pay Scale : Rs.7200-19300/-, Age : 18-28 years as on 01/12/2011. Age relaxation as per Govt. rules.
Selection Procedure : Final selection will be made on the basis of performance in the written test on 27/05/2012 and 03/06/2012.
Application Fee : Rs. 350/- (for SC/ST/PWD/XS Rs.50/- only) for the posts of Assistant, Rs.500/- for the posts of Assistants + Any on of Stenographers posts (Hindi or English) and Rs.600/- for the posts of Assistants + Stenographers posts for both Hindi and English) to be deposited in any branch of SBI by a prescribed deposit slip and get receipt. Details of the payment should be entered in online application form.himachal government jobs
How to Apply : Apply Online at SBI GUIDELINES FOR FILLING ONLINE APPLICATION: (Note- Candidates should have valid email ID. This will help him/her in getting call letter/interview advices etc. by e-mail) Candidates should first scan their photograph and signature as detailed under guidelines for scanning the photograph and signature. Candidates to visit Bank’s website www.statebankofindia.com or www.sbi.co.in and open the appropriate Online Application Format. Fill the application carefully. In the event of the candidate not able to fill the data in one go, he can save the data already entered. When the data is saved, registration number and password will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen. Candidate should note down the registration number and password. Email & SMS indicating the Registration number and Password will be sent.
1. The above vacancies are provisional and may vary according to the actual requirementof the Bank. Merit list will be drawn up State-wise, Category-wise and candidates will be posted in the State from where he/she is appearing for the written test and will not be entitled for inter/intra-state transfer in the first 10 years of service.
2. Emoluments: The total starting emoluments of a Clerical Cadre employee payable at Metro like Mumbai will be around Rs. 14,177/- per month for Graduates inclusive of D.A. and other allowances at the current rate. Allowances may vary depending upon the place of posting.
3.The scribe can be from any academic discipline. Both the candidate as well as the scribe will have to give a suitable undertaking in the prescribed format with passport size photograph of scribe,
4. Probation period: The newly appointed assistants/stenographers will be on probation for a Minimum period of 6 months. Before the probation period comes to an end,
5. Fee once deposited will neither be refunded nor be adjusted against any future recruitment projects. The fee sent through Indian Postal Order, Bank Drafts, Cheques, Currency Notes etc.
6. Final selection will be made on the basis of performance in the written test and interview taken together. Merely satisfying the eligibility norms does not entitle a candidate to be called for written test or interview. The written test will be of Objective type consisting of
7. The passing marks in each of the tests will be decided by the Bank on the basis of the performance of all the competing candidates taken together in each test to a minimum required level.
8. Candidates will be required to appear for the skill test at the venue identified by the Bank. The venue for skill test will be advised to the candidates in due course.
9. Candidates are required to score a minimum percentage marks (to be decided by the bank) in interview to be considered for final selection. 5% relaxation for SC/ST/ OBC/PWD/XS category will be available thereon.
10. Candidates who have not passed 12th standard Examination but have passed Diploma course after 10th standard are eligible for the captioned recruitment provided: Diploma course passed after 10th standard must be a full time course (Diploma course through correspondence are not eligible) with a minimum of two years duration.
11. The Diploma course passed after 10th standard should be recognized / approved by the State Board of Technical Education of concerned State.
12. Matriculate Ex-servicemen, who have obtained the Indian Army Special Certificate of Education or corresponding certificate in the Navy or Air Force, after having completed not less than 15 years of service in Armed Forces
13. The upper age limit will be relaxed as under : Sr. Category Age Relaxation Persons domiciled in Kashmir Division 5 years of Jammu & Kashmir State during
14. Candidates seeking age relaxation are required to submit copies of necessary certificate(s) at the time of interview, if qualifying. Only those candidates shall be treated as Ex-Servicemen who fulfil the revised definition as laid down in Government of India,
15.Dependents of Servicemen killed in Action : Servicemen killed in the following operations would be deemed to have been killed in action attributable to Military Service
16. Candidates, who are released / retired from Armed Forces, are required to submit a certificate as per Proforma ‘A’ attached to this advertisement, (ii) The candidates, who are still serving in Armed Forces and desirous of applying under Ex-Servicemen category will be required to submit a certificate (Proforma ‘B’) from the competent authority showing
17. Ex-Servicemen candidates who have already secured employment under the Central Government in Group C &. D will be permitted the benefit of age relaxation as prescribed for Ex-Servicemen for securing another employment in a higher grade or cadre in Group ‘C’/’D’ under the Central Government.
18. Reservation for Persons with Disability (PWD): Vacancies are reserved for Disabled (Physically Challenged) Persons under Section 33 of the Persons with Disabilities (Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation) Act, 1995
19. A person who wants to avail the benefit of reservation will have to submit a Disability Certificate issued by Medical Board duly constituted by Central or State Government.
20. While registering the application, every candidate should indicate the name and code number of the Centre where he/she desires to take the examination. The candidates will appear for the written examination at their own expenses and risks and the bank will not be responsible for any injury or losses etc.
21. Candidates belonging to the above categories who desire to avail themselves of such training at their own cost may indicate to that effect while registering the application form. List of training centres given below is indicative.
22. should have valid email ID. This will help him/her in getting call letter/interview advices etc. by e-mail) Candidates should first scan their photograph and signature as detailed under guidelines for scanning the photograph and signature.
23. Fee Payment: Fee payment will be accepted from 2nd working day after registration and can be made within three working days at any branch of State Bank of India. System generated fee payment challan will be used for depositing fee.
24. There is also a provision to reprint the submitted application containing fee challan will not be generated and fee payment will have to be made online through payment gateway available thereat.
25, If the online transaction has not been successfully completed, then please register again. Candidates may then revisit Online Application link and fill in their application details again and make payment online.
26. XS/PWD candidates who have applied under special recruitment drive but not mentioned their XS/PWD status, to mention this status. Already registered candidates who wish to apply for the post of Stenographer also need to apply afresh citing the earlier registration number.
27. The image file should be JPG or JPEG format. An example file name is : image01.jpg or image01.jpeg Image dimensions can be checked by listing the folder files or moving the mouse over the file image icon.
28. The candidates must bring the call letter along with photo identity proof such as passport /PAN Card/Driving Licence/Voter’s Card/Unique Identification Card (AADHAR)/ Bank Passbook with duly attested Photograph/Identity Card issued by School or College/ Gazetted Officer in original as well as a self attested Photocopy thereof.
29. Action against candidates found guilty of conduct. Candidates are warned that they should not furnish any particulars that are false, tampered/ fabricated or should not suppress any material information while filling up the application form.
30. to be disqualified from the examination for which he/she is a candidate )to be debarred, either permanently or for a specified period, from any examination or recruitment conducted by the Central Recruitment & Promotion Department, State Bank of India, Corporate Centre, Mumbai.
31. No candidate is permitted to use or have possession of Calculators, Mobile Phones, Pagers or any other instrument in the Examination Hall. The candidate will have option to answer written test questions in Hindi or English except in General English paper .
32. The new recruits must have flair for marketing and will be required to make customer calls and provide banking services, advisory services and cross sell products etc. inside and outside Bank premises.
33. Selected candidates will be governed by the terms and conditions of the Service Regulations of the Bank in force at the time of joining. Use of Mobile Phones, pagers, calculator or any such devices
34. Candidates are not permitted to use or have in possession of calculators in examination premises. Candidate’s admission to the test / interview is strictly provisional.
Tentative Last Date :26-03-2012
About the organization:
In this section, you can access detailed information on Overview of the Bank, Technology Upgradation in the Bank, Board of Directors, Financial Results and Shareholder Info. The Bank is actively involved since 1973 in non-profit activity called Community Services Banking. All our branches and administrative offices throughout the country sponsor and participate in large number of welfare activities and social causes. Our business is more than banking because we touch the lives of people anywhere in many ways. Our commitment to nation-building is complete & comprehensive.The State Bank of India, the country’s oldest Bank and a premier in terms of balance sheet size, number of branches, market capitalization and profits is today going through a momentous phase of Change and Transformation – the two hundred year old Public sector behemoth is today stirring out of its Public Sector legacy and moving with an agility to give the Private and Foreign Banks a run for their money. The bank is entering into many new businesses with strategic tie ups – Pension Funds, General Insurance, Custodial Services, Private Equity, Mobile Banking, Point of Sale Merchant Acquisition, Advisory Services, structured products etc – each one of these initiatives having a huge potential for growth. The Bank is forging ahead with cutting edge technology and innovative new banking models, to expand its Rural Banking base, looking at the vast untapped potential in the hinterland and proposes to cover 100,000 villages in the next two years. It is also focusing at the top end of the market, on whole sale banking capabilities to provide India’s growing mid / large Corporate with a complete array of products and services.
STATE BANK Of INDIA (SBI)
Central Recruitment & Promotion Department (CRPD) Corporate Centre, Mumbai
Click above to download
the vacancy details