Assistant Manager, Jobs & Vacancy in Management at Indian Institute of Forest Management, Bhopal Jun 2012
Job or Vacancy Description:
Applications are invited for the following posts :
Pay Scale: (PB-2) Rs.9300-34800 + Grade Pay Rs.4800/-
Age limit : 55 Years
Eligibility Conditions: 1) Master’s Degree in Horticulture or Equivalent 2) 3 Years Experience in maintaining a large Campus.bank jobs
How To Apply: Director, IIFM, Post Box No.357, Nehru Nagar, Bhopal 462 003 (MP)
1. Admission to the fully residential two year PGDFM is open to graduates from any discipline provided he/she fulfils the eligibility criteria and qualifies through the selection process Applicants should have at least a three-year
2. Candidates appearing for the final year graduation examination are also eligible to apply provided they complete it before June 30, 2012 and fulfill the eligibility criteria as set by IIFM.All applicants desirous of seeking admission in PGDFM
3. In addition to CAT, the candidate should also fill-up a separate form for admission to PGDFM, which is available from IIFM Bhopal. The cost of IIFM application form is Rs. 900/- (450/- for SC/ ST) payable at Bhopal. This can be obtained either personally or by post.
4. Filled in application form, complete in all respect including the CAT registration number (which will be available on CAT vouchers issued by IIM) should reach IIFM Bhopal on or before 20th December 2011. Applicant should attach the photocopy of CAT voucher along with IIFM application form.
5. Candidates short listed on the basis of CAT score, will be called for Group Discussion and Interview at IIFM, Bhopal or Institute of Wood Science & Technology (IWST) Bangalore during February/March 2012 based on the choice of candidates, as mentioned in the Application Form.
6. The Mandatory disclosure as per AICTE guidelines relating to admission procedure is hosted on our website.Other Important InformationProviding inaccurate or incomplete information or malpractice of any kind or canvassing will result in disqualification of the candidate.
7. The PGDFM application form and bulletin will be dispatched to the candidates soon after receiving their requests along with the required application fee.
8. Please note that admission under any category is subject to meeting the selection criteria as specified by IIFM. In case of any dispute, the jurisdiction will be the competent Court of Bhopal only.
Tentative Last Date:06-07-2012
About the organization:
The increasing population and thrust on economic growth after independence created a large demand on forests in respect of needs of rural people ( fuelwood, fodder), industrial raw material and diversion of forest land for non-forestry purposes (agriculture, river valley projects, mining). The signs of ecological degradation and pressure on tribals became clearly evident by 1970.The National Commission on Agriculture (1972) identified low investment leading to low productivity of the Indian forests as the major cause of failure of forestry sector to cope with the rising demands and suggested substantial investments into forestry. It tried to achieve a balance between demands of industries and local people through concepts on production and Social Forestry. Efficiency of investments required managerial inputs from the field of management science to achieve the desired productivity.In 1974, Government of India, accepting the recommendations of FAO/SIDA Forestry preparatory Mission to India for provision of training unit to provide instructions in such fields as business cost control, economics of timber harvesting etc. requested SIDA to support a Business Administration Training Project (BATP) with the objectives:To contribute to the improvement of Management abilities in Forest Development Corporations; andTo develop resource for continuous forest business management techniques.The ensuing seminars under the project stressed the need of such training to all the personnel in Forest Departments and forest related systems. The case for bringing renewable natural resource system under business management and for training managers on economic and business aspects as suggested by the Ford Foundation Consultant necessitated the creation of a institute
Indian Institute of Forest Management
Post Box No.357, Nehru Nagar, Bhopal 462 003 (MP)
Click above to download
the vacancy details