Dy General Manger , Jobs & Vacancy in Management at Mangalore Refinery and Petrochemicals Limited, Mangalore Apr 2012
Job or Vacancy Description:
Mangalore Refinery and Petrochemicals Limited (MRPL), a subsidiary of ONGC and a Mini Ratna Company, is focused on efficiency and growth.
Position : Dy General Manger (Shipping) (E 7 Grade) : 1
Category : Gen
Location : New Delhi
Maximum Age as on 31/3/12 : 47 yrs
Scale of Pay : 51300-73000
Minimum qualification and experience : Degree in Engineering/MBA/ Master Mariner with minimum experience of 18 years in Oil Tanker Shipping in Executive position or Master Mariner with Tanker experience of minimum 5 years which may include working as Master on Board Tanker in a reputed shipping company or relevant experience in an Oil company. Candidates applying from PSU’s should have worked at least 2 years out of total 18 yrs in the immediate lower grade of Senior Manager in IDA Scale of ` 43200-66000/.
Eligibility Criteria :
1. The cut off date for deciding the maximum permissible age and experience as per eligibility criteria shall be 31/3/2012. Experience shown must be the minimum relevant experience for the function, after obtaining necessary qualification (post qualification experience) including ‘On the Job’ training period.
2. Wherever specific relevant experience has been prescribed, please note that applications not fulfilling this specific criteria will not be considered.
Candidates (not applicable for SC/ST/PWD) need to pay application fee of ` 350/(excluding Bank’s commission) in State Bank of India(any Branch) in the Mangalore Refinery & Petrochemicals Limited Account no. 00000010981274266(IFSC Code SBIN0000871) and attach a copy of challan(enclosed format) along with the application. There will be no application fee in respect of SC/ST & Physically Challenged candidates.
How To Apply : along with recent passport size photograph and super scribing the envelope with the position applied for within the last date for receipt of applications to The Dy General Manager(HR) (Recruitment), Mangalore Refinery and Petrochemical Limited, Post Kuthethur, Mangalore – 575030, Applications in the prescribed format along with copy of challan fee should be sent by Post/Courier only at the above addresslatest andhra govt jobs
1. All the qualifications specified above should be recognized by UGC/AICTE.
2. Eligible Indian Nationals must apply as per enclosed format duly signed with date and complete information enclosing photocopies of original certificates, proof of age, educational qualification, experience and Caste Certificate (for SC/ST/OBC categories only) along with copy of challan fee with a recent passport size photograph.
3. Incomplete applications not supported by attested copies of relevant documents in support of age, qualifications (Mark sheet/Degree/Diploma), experience and caste certificate (in case of SC/ST/OBC/), not fulfilling the eligibility criteria or those received after the last date of receipt of applications shall not be considered and treated as ‘Rejected’.
4. Candidates called for interview/written test if any, shall be reimbursed Traveling Allowance as follows from their correspondence address in India on production of actual tickets by the shortest route. Local travel cost, if any, shall be borne by the candidates.
E7 grades -1st class/2 AC Rail fare including Rajdhani Express.
5. Location of the job is at New Delhi . However, employees are liable to be transferred to any place in India or abroad., within the same Organisation, one of the group companies of ONGC or any other Organisation.
6. Allowances and perquisites shall be as admissible for the grade.
7. In case large numbers of applications are received, Management reserves the right to raise the minimum eligibility standards/ criteria.
8. Requests for change of category/discipline once declared in the application will not be entertained.
9. For claiming the benefit of OBC category, the candidate should submit a proper Caste Certificate as per the proforma prescribed as per Central list issued by the Government of India, which would, among others, specifically mention that the candidate does not belong to the persons/sections (Creamy Layer) as mentioned in column 3 of the Schedule to the Department of Personnel and Training in the Govt. of India OM No.36012/22/93-Estt.(SCT) dated 08-09-1993.
10. Age Relaxation for SC/ST/OBC: 5 years for SC/ST & 3 years for OBC ,PC – 10 years, Age relaxation for Ex-Servicemen (EXSM) as per Govt. directives.
11. Experience in PSU/ Private needs to be specified.
12. Persons employed in Government Organizations/Public Sector Undertakings/Autonomous Bodies owned by the Government, should submit their applications through proper channel. Advance copy may be sent. However they may also produce the NO OBJECTION CERTIFICATE at the time of interview if their applications were not routed through proper channel, failing which they will not be allowed to appear for the interview.
13. The vacancies and reservation indicated above is tentative and may increase or decrease in the relevant categories at the discretion of Management and in Compliance with Presidential Directives on reservation at the time of appointment. Depending on the requirement, the Company reserves the right to cancel / restrict / curtail / enlarge the number of vacancies and recruitment process, if need so arises, without any further notice and without assigning any reason thereof.
14. Satisfactory Character & Antecedents report would be required once selected and the Management reserves the right to out-rightly dismiss the candidate whose report is not found satisfactory.
15. Personal appraisals duly certified, may be obtained for last 5/3 years, in respect of candidates applying from PSUs/Govt./Autonomous bodies owned by the Government.
16. Canvassing in any form shall disqualify the candidature.
17. Incomplete applications or Applications received after the due date or those applications where payment challan ( for Gen/OBC candidates) as specified above is not enclosed, will be summarily rejected and no correspondence will be entertained from the candidate(s) not short listed for the interview.
18. Management reserves the right to fill or not to fill the posts and mere fulfillment of qualification, experience and other eligibility requirements laid down, does not entitle a candidate to be called for the Personal Interview.
19. While applying for any post, the applicant should ensure that he / she fulfils the eligibility and other norms mentioned above, as on the specified dates and that the particulars furnished are correct in all respects. In case it is detected at any stage of recruitment that a candidate does not
fulfil the eligibility norms and / or that he / she has furnished any incorrect / false information or has suppressed any material fact(s), his / her candidature will stand automatically cancelled. If any of the above shortcoming(s) is / are detected even after appointment, his / her services are liable to be terminated without any notice.
20. Candidates must mention correct and active e-mail ID/Contact nos. for various communications.
21. The application fee will not be returned/refunded due to any reasons, what so ever. MRPL will not be responsible for any delay in payment of application fee..
22. Any legal proceeding in respect of any matter of claim or dispute arising out of this advertisement and / or an application in response there to can be instituted only in Mangalore and courts / tribunals / forums at Mangalore only shall have sole and exclusive jurisdiction to try any such case / dispute.
23. In the event any applicant has litigated with his / her employer in the past, the same should be clearly mentioned in brief.
24. Applications received after the last date will not be considered.
25. Management reserves the right to create and operate a panel of suitable candidates , for one year.
26. Any amendment/corrigendum shall be hoisted only on the Company’s website www.mrpl.co.in . Candidates may regularly check for updates.
Tentative Last Date: 10-04-2012
About the organization:
MRPL, located in a beautiful hilly terrain north of Mangalore city, is a State of Art Grassroot Refinery at Mangalore and is a subsidiary of ONGC. The Refinery has got a versatile design with high flexibility to process Crudes of various API and with high degree of Automation. MRPL has a design capacity to process 11.82 million metric tonnes per annum and is the only Refinery in India to have 2 Hydrocrackers producing Premium Diesel (High Cetane). It is also the only Refinery in India to have 2 CCRs producing Unleaded Petrol of High Octane. MRPL has high standards in refining and environment protection matched by its commitments to society. MRPL has also developed a Green Belt around the entire Refinery with plant species specially selected to blend with the local flora.Before acquisition by ONGC in March 2003, MRPL, was a joint venture Oil Refinery promoted by M/s Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL), a public sector company and M/s IRIL & associates (AV Birla Group). MRPL was set up in 1988 with the initial processing capacity of 3.0 Million Metric tonnes per annum that was later expanded to the present capacity of 11.82 Million Metric tonnes per annum. The Refinery was conceived to maximise middle distillates, with capability to process light to heavy and sour to sweet Crudes with 24 to 46 API gravity. On 28th March 2003, ONGC acquired the total shareholding of A.V. Birla Group and further infused equity capital of Rs.600 crores thus making MRPL a majority held subsidiary of ONGC. The lenders also agreed to the Debt Restructuring Package (DRP) proposed by ONGC, which included, interalia, conversion upto Rs 365 crore of their loans into equity. Subsequently, ONGC has acquired equity allotted to the lenders pursuant to DRP raising ONGC’s holding in MRPL to 71.62 percent. The implementation of DRP in March 2003 within 4 weeks of acquiring equity in MRPL by ONGC has changed the credit profile of the company. ICRA has assigned A1+ rating (indicating highest safety) to the Short Term Borrowing programme of MRPL on a standalone basis All our shareholders are requested to register their Email address with their Depository Participants for shares held in electronic form and with Registrars & Transfer Agent / Company for shares held in physical form for receiving all communications through Email.
Mangalore Refinery and Petrochemicals Ltd
Mangalore – 575030,
Click above to download
the vacancy details