Professor,Associate Professor,Assistant Professor,Internal Audit Officer, Jobs & Vacancy in Education at Centre for Development Studies, Thiruvananthapuram Jun 2012
Job or Vacancy Description:
Applications are invited for the following posts :
Pay Scale : Rs.37400-67000 + Academic Grade Pay of Rs.10000/-
Pay Scale : Rs.37400-67000 + Academic Grade Pay of Rs.9000/-
Pay Scale : Rs.37400-67000 + Academic Grade Pay of Rs.6000/-
Visiting Facultyemployment news
How To Apply: The Director, Centre for Development Studies, Prashanth Nagar, Ulloor, Trivandrum 695 011, Kerala
1. Appointment may be made in a suitable pay band or on a consolidated salary. Applicant should be an eminentscholar or a promising young academic. Normally, the tenure of appointment is two years. Age limit is 60 years.
2. The Centre, at its discretion, may consider candidates in absentia.Age: Age limit is 55 years for applicants for the post of Professors, 45 years for that of Associate Professor and 35years for that of Assistant Professor. Candidates within any area of specialisation may apply,
3. The Selection Committee reserves the right to relax the qualifications and experience in exceptional cases, selectfrom outside the list of applicants and offer higher salary to candidates having outstanding teaching history,research experience and publications to their credit. The Centre does not entertain any correspondence on shortlisting or selection.
4. The Centre follows the UGC pattern of scales of pay for faculty. Other benefits currently include ContributoryProvident Fund, Gratuity, accident insurance coverage, contributory family benefit scheme, medical reimbursement,welfare fund benefits, leave encashment on retirement and campus housing subject to availability.
5. Candidates should have a doctorate withminimum eight years of teaching and/or research experience in an academic/research position equivalent toAssistant Professor in a University/College excluding the period of doctoral research. Candidates should have significant published work and substantial experience of teaching and/or guiding research students.
Tentative Last Date:10-08-2012
About the organization :
The Centre for Development Studies (CDS) is an autonomous research institute. Its main objective is to promote research, teaching and training in disciplines relevant to development. Established in 1971 by the noted economist Professor K.N.Raj, it is considered to be one of the foremost development economics research centers in the country.It has a faculty of about 26. The core activities of the CDS are research, teaching and training.There is a seventh cross cutting theme, analysing the impact of globalisation on each of the six themes.a two year MA Programme in Applied Economicsa two year MPhil Programme in Applied Economics anda four year PhD Programme in Economics.All the three programmes are affiliated to Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi. The University of Kerala also has recognized CDS as a center for its doctoral studies. Further, it has a number of short duration training programmes.CDS is located in a quiet residential area in the northwest part of the City of Thiruvananthapuram.
Centre for Development Studies
Prashanth Nagar, Ulloor, Trivandrum 695 011, Kerala
Click above to download
the vacancy details