Professor, Associate Professor, Assistant Professor, Jobs & Vacancy in Education at INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY Kharagpur, Kharagpur Jun 2012
Job or Vacancy Description:
IIT Kharagpur, an Institute of national importance, invites application from Indian nationals, for Faculty posts of Dean, Professor, Associate Professor, Assistant Professor in the disciplines for its various Departments/ Centres/ Schools :
Professor : At least 10 years teaching / research / industrial experience of which 4 years should be at the level of Associate Professor, Pay Scale : PB-4 (Rs.37400-67000) with AGP Rs. 10500/-
Associate Professor : At least 6 years teaching / research / industrial experience of which 3 years should be at the level of Assistant Professor, Pay Scale : PB-4 (Rs.37400-67000) with AGP Rs. 9500/-
Assistant Professor : At least 3 years teaching / research / industrial experience, Pay Scale : PB-3 Rs.15600-39100 with AGP Rs.8000/-
Qualification : Ph.D. with first class or equivalent at all the preceding degrees in appropriate branch with a very good academic record throughout.andhra pradesh government jobs
How to Apply : Apply Online at IIT Kharagpur . Take a printout of the system generated application and send it after signing to the Assistant Registrar, E-III, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur – 721302, WB.
1. Minimum requirement of experience may be relaxed in respect of outstanding candidates.
2. Degree as referred above should have been awarded by a recognized University / Institute.
3. Mere eligibility will not vest any right on any candidate for being called for interview. The decision of the Institute in all matters will be final. No correspondence will be entertained from the candidates in connection with the process of selection / interview.
4. The Institute reserves the right to call only the requisite number of candidates for interview after shortlisting with reference to the candidate’s qualification, suitability, experience, requirement, etc.
5. Ph.D. qualification has been waived in case of recruitment of faculty at the entry level (Assistant Professor) for the Department of Architecture & Regional Planning, Doctors for School of Medical Science & Technology and Lawyers for Rajiv Gandhi School of Intellectual Property Law.
6. As the post-processing of applications have also been made online, all essential documents required for the online applications have to be either scanned and uploaded or softcopies of the documents have to be uploaded as prompted by the system. If such documents are not uploaded, then it will be considered an incomplete application.
7. The candidates should be preferably below 35 years of age for the post of Assistant Professor.
8. The Institute reserves the right to fill or not to fill any or all the posts advertised.
9. Persons employed in Government Organizations / Quasi Government Organizations should submit their application through proper channel.
10. Canvassing in any manner would entail disqualification of the candidature.
11. Any dispute with regard to the selection / recruitment process will be subject to Courts / Tribunals having jurisdiction over Kolkata.Candidates possessing requisite qualification & experience are required to apply online (iitkgp.ac.in) and send a signed hardcopy print out of online application to “Assistant Registrar,
Tentative Last Date:1-07-2012
About the organization:
The history of the IIT system dates back to 1946 when a committee was set up by Hon’ble Sir Jogendra Singh, Member of the Viceroy’s Executive Council, Department of Education, Health and Agriculture to consider the setting up of Higher Technical Institutions for post war industrial development in India. The 22 member committee headed by Sri N.R.Sarkar, in its report, recommended the establishment of four Higher Technical Institutions in the Eastern, Western, Northern and Southern regions, possibly on the lines of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA, with a number of secondary institutions affiliated to it. The report also urged the speedy establishment of all the four institutions with the ones in the East and the West to be started immediately. The committee also felt that such institutes would not only produce undergraduates but they should be engaged in research, producing research workers and technical teachers as well. The standard of the graduates should be at par with those from first class institutions abroad. They felt that the proportion of undergraduates and postgraduate students should be 2:1.With the above recommendations of the Sarkar committee in view, the first Indian Institute of Technology was born in May 1950 in Hijli, Kharagpur, in the eastern part of India.Initially the IIT started functioning from 5, Esplanade East, Calcutta and very soon shifted to Hijli in Sept. 1950. The present name ‘Indian Institute of Technology’ was adopted before the formal inauguration of the Institute on August 18, 1951, by Maulana Abul Kalam Azad.IIT Kharagpur started its journey in the old Hijli Detention Camp where some of our great freedom fighters toiled and sacrificed their lives for the independence of our country.The history of IIT Kharagpur is thus intimately linked with the history of the Hijli Detention Camp. This is possibly one of the very few Institutions all over the world which started life in a prison house.Pandit Nehru in his first convocation address in 1956 said “Here in the place of that Hijli Detention Camp stands the fine monument of India, representing India’s urges,India’s future in the making. this picture seems to me symbolical of the changes that are coming to India.”The large number of youth who participated in the armed struggle or the non cooperation movement could not be accommodated in ordinary jails. The then British Government decided to establish a few detention camps – the first one was located in Buxa Fort which was followed by the setting up of the Hijli Detention Camp in 1930.
INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY Kharagpur (IIT)
Kharagpur – 721302 (West Bengal)
Click above to download
the vacancy details