FOR THIS OPENING LAST DATE OVER ! BUT STILL
YOU CAN SUBMIT YOUR RESUME HERE. --< REGISTER NOW
Professor/ Associate Professor/ Assistant Professor, Jobs & Vacancy in Education at INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY , Delhi Jul 2012
Job or Vacancy Description:
IIT Delhi invites applications from exceptionally bright and motivated persons, who have an established record of independent, high quality research and commitment to teaching and research for the Professor/ Associate Professor/ Assistant Professor regular positions in various Departments/ Centres/ Schools :
Departments : Applied Mechanics, Biochemical Engineering and Biotechnology, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Humanities and Social Sciences, Management Studies, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Textile Technology
Centres / Schools : Applied research in Electronics, Atmospheric Sciences, Biomedical Engineering, Energy Studies, Industrial Tribology Machine Dynamics & Maintenance Engg., Instrument Design and Development, Polymer Science and Engineering, Rural Development and Technology, National Resource Centre for Value Education in Engineering, Bharti School of Telecommunication Technology and Management, Amar Nath and Shashi Khosla School of Information Technology, School of Biological Sciences
Pay Scale : Professor – Rs.37400-67000 grade pay Rs.10500, Assocate Professor – Rs.37400-6700 grade pay Rs.9500, Assistant Professor – Rs.15600-39100 grade pay Rs.8000 (after 3 years will be placed in Rs.37400-67000 grade pay Rs.9000
How to Apply : Application in the prescribed format should be send to Deputy Registrar (Estt.-1), IIT Delhi, Hauz Khas, New Delhi – 110016 (India)
1. The Glass Blowing Workshop is equipped with glass blowing lathe, grinding machine, cutting machine, surface grinder, strain viewer annealing chamber etc and cater to the glass blowing needs of various Departments of the Institute and the jobs undertaken range from making
2. The workshop at present is fabricating special types of glass apparatus such as McLeod gauges, B.E.T. surface area measurement apparatus, Dewar flasks, Distillation assemblies, various types of viscometers, all types of condensers (Bulb, Double, surface), multi-neck reaction flasks, various types of adopters and settings of vacuum lines for the Institute. Quartz facility up to 30 mm diameter tubing is also available in the Workshop.
3. The Glass Blowing Workshop also has the capacity to train technicians in the trade of glass blowing. Sponsored candidates from Govt. Institutions and industries can be trained for this purpose on payment basis which depends upon the period and nature of the training.
4. The work shop can undertake fabrication jobs for special research apparatus when specifications of dimensions and design are provided.
5. The Mechanical Fabrication Facility looks after the mechanical fabrication needs of the Faculty, the post-graduate students and the research scholars of the Institute. Fabrication jobs pertaining to sponsored research and consultancy is also done here.
6. This facility was created in 1971 as a part of Instrument Design Development Centre. It was then known as the IDDC Workshop and formed a part of the service functions of IDDC. In 1995, it was converted to a Central Facility to look after the entire post graduate mechanical fabrication needs of the Institute. It was renamed as the Mechanical Fabrication Facility (MFF).
Tentative Last Date:16-08-2012
About the organization:
The IIT Library System consists of a Central Library and 18 departmental libraries which collectively support the teaching, research and extension programmes of the Institute. All students, faculty members and employees of the Institute are entitled to make use of the Library facilities on taking library membership. The Library, besides having a huge collection of books on engineering, science and humanities offers library services through its various Divisions. Initially setup in 1961, the Central Library moved to its new building in May, 1988.To contribute to India and the World through excellence in scientific and technical education and research; to serve as a valuable resource for industry and society; and remain a source of pride for all Indians.To generate new knowledge by engaging in cutting-edge research and to promote academic growth by offering state-of-the-art undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral programmes.
INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (IIT)
Hauz Khas, New Delhi-16
Click above to download
the vacancy details