Asst. Lecturer-cum-Asst. Instructor, Jobs & Vacancy in Education at Institute of Hotel Management, Gandhinagar Sep 2012
Job or Vacancy Description:
Institute of Hotel Management,
Asst. Lecturer-cum-Asst. Instructor : 04
Pay Scale: PB -2 (9300 – 34800) Grade pay Rs.4200/-
Educational Requirements: Degree / Diploma
Qualifications: Degree / 3 year Diploma in Hotel Management from an institute Affiliated to NCHMCT / State Board of Technical Education / Recognized University with minimum 60% aggregate marks in Degree / Diploma in Hotel Management.
Date Posted: 09/07/2012
Experience Requirements: A minimum of 3 years practical experience in hotel & catering industry.
Age: Not exceeding 30 years
How To Apply: Interested candidate who fulfill the prescribed conditions may apply to the Principal, Institute of Hotel Management, Airport, Gandhinagar Road, Between Koba Circle and Infocity, Bhaijipura Patia, P.O. Kudasan, Gandhinagar 382 421. (Gujarat)
1. All the students are expected to be inside the campus by 0845 hrs on every working day. The timings of the institute are 9.00 am to 5.30 pm. Institute is opened from Monday to Friday.Student must be inside the class room / Practical laboratory 10 minutes prior to the commencement of the class as per schedule.
2. The students have to maintain utmost personal hygiene and follow the set grooming standards at all times. Prescribed uniform (& make up for girls) is to be worn and the tool kit has to be carried for respective practical and formal dress in the theory classes.police recruitment
3. Working lunch will be provided to all the students on the working days. Timing is 12:55 pm to 01.40 pm Being in professional programme all students are expected to maintain 90% attendance to help imbibing quality
4. Other than Physical Attendance, no other weightage, whatsoever, is permissible. However, weightage, on genuine Medical grounds may be relaxed subject to a maximum of 10% for the exceptional cases,
5. Hostel inmates must maintain a minimum of 70% physical attendance at any point of the session. Failing to do so they lose rights to stay in the hostel & must vacate hostel on 24 hours notice.Before seeking a leave, the parent should inform the college by sending a Fax duly signed by them.
6. The student should always carry the Identity card & present it, when demanded. Each student residing outside the campus must essentially submit the proof of residence, in the form of the application duly signed by the parent / the landlord. Any change during the tenure must be intimated in writing to the academic section.
7. Any student remains absent for more than 3 days at a stretch without written permission/intimation his/her name will be struck off from the roll of the institute.
8. Photocopy of valid driving license must be submitted to the Academic office before keeping/driving a vehicle.Any infringement of the library rules will render the student’s privilege of admission to the library cancelled.
9. Students are required to take proper care of the Institute’s property & keep the premises neat & tidy in order to inculcate right attitude towards the profession.During the institute hours, it would be compulsory to communicate in English language.
Tentative Last Date : 12-10-2012
About the organization:
IHMA has been a pioneer center for excellence & a lively testament to the commitment for the hospitality education. Govt. of India and Govt. of Gujarat originally established the Institute as a registered society in 1972 as FOOD CRAFT INSTITUTE. The Ministry of Tourism (G.O.I.) upgraded the Institute to the Institute of Hotel Management, Catering and Nutrition in the year 1984.The Institute has moved into the new campus from 2005-2006 academic session & started functioning better way. The new campus is ideally located at KUDASAN village, between KOBA CIRCLE & INFOCITY, on the AIRPORT ROAD, AHMEDABAD-GANDHINAGAR HIGH WAY, 10 kms from the GANDHINAGAR RAILWAY STATION, 12 kms from the AHMEDABAD airport & 20 kms from the AHMEDABAD RAILWAY STATION.The construction of environment friendly and earth quake proof structure has been completed, in around 06 acres of land area with good infrastructure, spacious classrooms fully equipped with state of the art teaching aids, faculty and administration, well-equipped labs, well-stocked & air conditioned library. The training facilities include- Specialized training kitchens & restaurants, Bakery & confectionery labs, Housekeeping lab. & Training Guest room facilities, Front office lab., Computer lab with latest technology, Audio visual facilities etc.The institute organizes various activities viz. Food Festivals, Chef Competitions, Educational Tours, and Fairs etc. every year to inculcate professionalism in Students and Staff. Students are required to actively participate in these activities. The Institute also provides encouragement for the sports, debate, quizzes and recreation activities.The institute offers three-year Degree program i.e., B.Sc. in Hospitality and Hotel Administration with an intake capacity of 243 number of students every year.An environment friendly structure with state of the art equipment in training specialized Kitchens and Restaurants, Housekeeping lab and Training Guests room facilities, Front Office labs, Computer Labs with latest technology.
Institute of Hotel Management,
Address: Airport-Gandhinagar Road, Between Koba Circle and Infocity, Bhaijipura Patia, P.O. Kudasan.
Postal Code: 382 421
Click above to download
the vacancy details