Chief Professor, Jobs & Vacancy in Others at National Institute of Technology Srinagar, Srinagar Jun 2012
Job or Vacancy Description:
Applications are invited for the following posts :
Pay Scale: Rs.20,000/ 15000/-P.M.
Age limit : 65 years.
Eligibility Conditions: 01. The candidate should possess Ph.D Degree with first class degree at Bachelor’s or Master’s degree having specialization in Water Resources Engineering /Hydrology/ Environmental Engineering with minimum 10 years e xperience in teaching/Industry/Research, out of which 05 years must be at the level of Associate Professor and /or Equivalent 02. The candidate should have an appropriate contribution in the field of water Resources in terms of Research and development, projec t formulation, co -ordination of R&D Activities. 03. The existing Professors/Associate Professors of the Institute with above relevant qualifications & experience can also apply to work on the basis of a top up salary for this additional assignment 04. The already superannuated Professors of the relevant field & experience and fulfilling other requirements can also apply for said chair professor position.government jobs
How To Apply: Applications complete in all respect s along with photocopies of certificates; list of publications/reprints/preprints of latest publications should reach the office of the Registrar Srinagar
1. Ministry of Water Resources, Government of India has set up a CHAIR PROFESSORentitled “SHEIKHUL ALAM SHEIKH NURUDDIN CHAIR FOR WATER RESOURCESat National Institute of Technology (NIT) Srinagar, for carrying out the Studies in WaterResources with emphasis
2. The candidate should possess Ph. D Degree with first class degree at Bachelor’sor Master’s degree having specialization in Water Resources Engineering /Hydrology/Environmental Engineering with minimum 10 years experience inteaching
3. The candidate should have an appropriate contribution in the field of water Resourcesin terms of Research and development, project formulation, co-ordination of R&DActivities.
4. The already superannuated Professors of the relevant field & experience and fulfilling other requirements can also apply for said chair professor position.i) The appointee to the chair will be placed at an appropriate level in the scale of theProfessor at NIT Srinagar.
5. The top up salary for Professor & Associate Professor will be Rs. 20,000/ 15000respectively.The tenure of the appointment to the chair would be 05 years,
6. Existing Associate Professor would be considered in case of applications are notreceived at the level of Professor.Interested candidates may apply on plain paper.
7. Applications complete in all respects along with photocopies of certificates; list ofpublications/reprints/preprints of latest publications should reach the office of theRegistrar
8. Candidates are required to send a self addressed stamped (Rs.05) envelope (9” x4”)along with application for sending acknowledgement.The Authorities have right to reject applications of any applicant without assigningany reason.
Tentative Last Date:26-06-2012
About the organization:
National Institute of Technology, Srinagar is one of the premier Educational Institutes in the Northern Regions of the country. It was established in 1960 and has been one of the eighteen Regional Engineering Colleges sponsored by the Govt. of India during the 2nd Plan. The Institute acquired the status of National Institute of Technology with deemed to be University status during August, 2003 and attained full autonomy in its Academics.The Institute is situated at the the banks of world-famous Dal Lake, with the far-famed Hazratbal Shrine on other side of the campus. NIT Srinagar is a residential Institute with accommodation facility in Hostels and Staff-Quarters. There are four Boys and one Girls hostel which swallops about 1500 boys and 200 girls. Besides running the B.Tech Programme the Institute also offers M.Tech programme in many streams.In addition to that a large number of students are registered for M.Phil and Ph.D Programmes.
National Institute of Technology Srinagar
Click above to download
the vacancy details