Associate Professor , Assistant Professor, Jobs & Vacancy in Education at LGB Regional Institute of Mental Health, Tezpur Feb 2012
Job or Vacancy Description:
Application on prescribed format are invited from the citizen of India for filling up the following posts :
1. Associate Professor : 04 posts, Pay Band : Rs.15600-39100 GP Rs. 7600+ NPA
2. Assistant Professor : 14 posts, Pay Band : Rs. 15600-39100 GP Rs.6600 + NPA
How to Apply : The application with a Bank Draft of Rs. 100/- drawn in favour of the Director, LGBRIMH, Tezpur and attested copies of certificate/one PP size photograph so as to reach to the Director, LGBRIMH, Tezpur-784001
(1) Candidates who do not fulfill entire requirement of advertisement need not apply. All Medical Qualifications should be recognized under MCI
2. Allowances will be as per Central Government rates as adopted by this Institute from time to time and NPA will be admissible in case of Medical Posts only
3. Candidates working is State/Central Govt. / PSU/Autonomous Body must apply through proper channel or submit “No objection certificate” Relaxation in upper age limit will be applicable in case of SC /ST /OBC candidates as per Central Govt. norms.
4. In case of deputation, vigilance clearance / integrity certificate from parent department will be required. Appointments in case of direct recruitment will be on probation for 2 (two) years Incomplete application or applications received after the last date will be summarily rejected.
5. The application in prescribed FORMAT is to accompany with a Bank Draft of Rs. 100/- to be drawn in favour of the Director, LGBRIMH, Tezpur and attested copies of marksheets, certificates and one PP size photograph so as to reach to the Director, LGBRIMH, Tezpur-784001 latest by 20.03.2012
6. Application Format may be downloaded from URL www.lgbrimh.org Canvassing in any form will be treated as disqualification. MD in Psychiatry: M.B.B.S. degree of any University recognized by Medical Council of India with one year rotating internship completed before 31st March, 2012, or a foreign degree included in the schedules of the Indian Medical Council Act.
7. 1956 and full registration either from the Medical Council of India or State Medical Council after completing the compulsory rotating internship. M. Phil in Psychiatric Social Work: Master’s Degree in Social Work (MSW) from UGC approved University / Institution, securing not less than 55% in the aggregate of the degree as a whole.
8. M. Sc. in Psychiatric Nursing: B.Sc. Nursing / Post basic B.Sc. Nursing degree from any University recognized by the Indian Nursing Council with one year working experience as a registered nurse securing not less than 55% in the aggregate of the degree as a whole.
9. Application forms and prospectus for all the courses are also available at the institute’s website: www.lgbrimh.org. The downloaded application form should be accompanied with the Demand Draft. Application sent through e-mail will not be accepted. There shall be 3% horizontal reservation for physically handicapped person (only for locomotor disability of lower limbs between 50% to 70% or as per Govt. of India rules) subject to availability of such candidates.
10. If suitable candidates are not available under reserved category, seats shall be filled up by open category candidates. Last date of receipt of filled-up application form by post /in person is 4 p.m. on 31.01.2012. The Entrance examination
11. A walk in interview will be held on 06.05.2011 for filling up of a few posts of Senior Resident in ( Psychiatry -7 posts/Neurology-2 posts / Radiology-1 post/ Pathology-2 posts) in the Pay Band Rs. 15,600-39,100/- + GP Rs. 6600/- plus other allowances as admissible under residency scheme of the Institute. Essential Qualification: (i) MBBS degree (ii) PG Degree or Diploma in concerned specialty from a recognized Institution/University/MCI. and (iii) Registration under MCI or State Council.
12. A walk in interview will be held on 06.05.2011 for preparing a panel of Junior Resident-5 posts in Psychiatry to be appointed on contractual basis on a basic pay Rs.15,600/- + GP 5400 p.m. plus other allowances as admissible under rules of the residency scheme of the institute. Interested candidates with MBBS degree from a recognized Institution are requested to come with all the relevant original testimonials
13. The Application Form along with prospectus is available in the Academic office on payment of Rs. 200/- in form of demand draft to be drawn in favour of the Director, LGBRIMH payable at Tezpur, Assam. Application forms and prospectus for all the courses are also available
14. There shall be 3% horizontal reservation for Physically-handicapped persons (only for locomotary disability of lower limbs between 50% to 70% or as per Govt. of India rules) subject to availability of such candidates. If suitable candidates are not available under reserved category, seats shall be filled up by open category candidates.
15. Last date of receipt of fill-up application form by post / in person is 4 p.m. on 07.02.2011. The Entrance examination will be held on 06.03.2011 (Sunday). No separate calling letter will be issued to the candidates. Counseling will be held on 08.03.2011 for selected candidates. Candidates should produce all original mark sheets and relevant documents at the time of counseling.
Tentative Last Date : 20-03-2012
About the organization:
Lokopriya Gopinath Bordoloi Regional Institute of Mental Health (LGBRIMH) is one of the oldest mental health care institutes in India established in the year 1876. It is located in Tezpur in Sonitpur district of Assam. The Institute is spread over 81 acres of land with a lush green campus. Over the years, this tertiary mental health care institute has been playing a major role in catering to the entire population of the Northeast part of the country. As of now, the Institute is a post-graduate teaching and research center with an aim to meet the manpower requirements in the field of mental health in the region. Academic courses in Psychiatry, Psychiatric Nursing and Psychiatric Social Work at PG level, and Diploma in Psychiatric Nursing (DPN) courses are provided in the institute. The Lokopriya Gopinath Bordoloi Regional Institute of Mental Health (LGBRIMH) was initially set up as Tezpur Lunatic Asylum under the British Government in April, 1876. In 1922 the hospital was rechristened as Tezpur Mental Hospital. With the progress in the field of psychiatry across the globe, steps were also taken to develop this hospital with modern facilities. Major construction activities were started in 1926. A private firm, “Zardine Menezes Co.,” was hired from Calcutta for undertaking the upgradation works. By the end of 1932 the hospital accommodation rose up to 700 beds. Most of the existing buildings in the Indoor section are of those times. After the Independence, the hospital was brought under the Government of Assam. In 1949, Late Dr. N. C. Bordoloi became the Superintendent of the hospital. During his tenure, the hospital saw marked improvement in the administration and treatment services. Dr. Bordoloi was the first psychiatrist in the country to receive the Padmashree Award from the Government of India for his dedicated service. With the increase in patient flow, a new Out-Patient Department (OPD) was built in 1987. In the following year, another two storied building was built to accommodate the increased number of patients. Subsequently, in 1989, the hospital was renamed as “Lokopriya Gopinath Bordoloi Institute of Mental Health”. In 1999 the Institute was handed over to the North Eastern Council (NEC). Being the premier tertiary care psychiatric institute in the NE region, the hospital was upgraded to a regional institute with the objective of providing better mental health care and developing manpower in the region. The Institute was thereafter rechristened as “Lokopriya Gopinath Bordoloi Regional Institute of Mental Health.” The Institute has been rendering mental health care since its inception. A separate Department of Psychiatry came into existence in 1998 for starting of academic courses in psychiatry to meet the shortage of manpower in the region. Residency Scheme of Government of India was started in this Institute from 2001. The Department started the DNB course in 2006 and MD course in 2010. It has regular structured teaching programmes for the trainees as per guidelines approved by the National Board of Examinations (NBE), Medical Council of India (MCI) and Gauhati University. There are full-time faculty members in the Department to guide the trainees and keep them abreast with the latest developments in the field. The faculty also guides students of allied mental health disciplines coming from various institutions.
LGB Regional Institute of Mental Health (LGBRIMH)
(Govt. of India, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare)
Post Box No. 15, Tezpur-784001 (Assam)
Click above to download
the vacancy details