Professor ,Associate Professor,Assistant Professor , Jobs & Vacancy in Education at Visva Bharati, a Central University, Birbhum Jul 2012
Job or Vacancy Description:
Visva Bharati, a Central University and an “institution of national importance” invites application for the following faculty positions :
Professor : 14 posts in various subjects/disciplines, Pay Scale : Rs. 37400-67000 with AGP Rs.10000
Associate Professor : 17 posts in various subjects/disciplines, , Pay Scale : Rs. 37400-67000 with AGP Rs.9000
Assistant Professor : 22 posts in various subjects/disciplines, Pay Scale : Rs. 15600-39100 with AGP Rs.6000.
Assistant Lecturer / Adhyapika (Lady in charge) : 13 posts in various subjects/ disciplines, Pay Scale : Rs. 15600-39100 with AGP Rs.5400 for Adhyapika and Rs. 9300-34800 with Grade Pay Rs. 4800/4600/4200faculty opening
Application Fee : DD for posts with AGP of Rs 9000 and above: Rs. 800/-, b) For posts with AGP/GP of Rs 6000 and 5400 : Rs. 400/- and c) For posts with GP of Rs 4800, 4600 and 4200: Rs. 300/- drawn on State Bank of India, Santiniketan branch (2121) in favour of Accounts Officer, Visva-Bharati.
How to Apply : Duly filled-in application form in prescribed format with 12 photo copies of filled-in form, and one set of attested photo-copies of testimonials/ certificates and two recent passport size photographs signed in full (at the bottom), by the candidate, should reach the the Registrar, Visva-Bharati, Santiniketan, Dist-Birbhum, Pin- 731235
1. Good academic record” shall mean “securing on an average, at least 55% marks in all examinations taken togetherprior to Master’s degree viz Secondary (class X), Higher Secondary (10 + 2) or equivalent and Honours degree stage.However, 55% marks at Master’s degree level are mandatory as per UGC norms”.
2. A person shall be treated to be “an outstanding professional” subject to satisfaction of following criteria
3. UGC norms regarding Academic Performance Indicator (API) based Performance Based Appraisal System(PBAS) will be available along with application form. Candidates shall provide total scores in the appropriate portions ofthe application form.
4. Visva-Bharati reserves the right not to fill up the vacancies if circumstances so warrant. Selection for the posts maynot be confined to candidates who apply formally.
5. Candidates must fulfil essential qualification/ experience on the date of application. All educational qualificationsmust have been obtained from recognized University/Institute only.
6. Essential qualification/ experience prescribed are the minimum and mere possession of them will not entitle anapplicant to be called in for interview. If the number of applications received is large and it is not convenient for theUniversity to interview all applicants,
7. Qualification and experience may be relaxed at the discretion of the University. Relaxation in age and percentage ofmarks will be allowed as per relevant rules/orders, to candidates belonging to reserved categories. 5% relaxation inmarks
8. Selection/ appointment/ employment will be subject to fulfilment of required qualification, experience etc as also toverification of testimonials, antecedents and past service.
9. Applicants selected for appointment may be required to go through police verification before or after joining.
10. Appointees shall reside within the territorial jurisdiction of the University as declared in Visva-Bharati Act, 1951.Availability of Application Forms: By post: Will be made available if written request (to Registrar’s Office,
Tentative Last Date : 25-08-2012
About the organization:
fter Rabindranath was awarded the Noble Prize in 1913, he was invited to numerous visits all over the world and he came closely to know a large part of the world and its people. By 1917 the range of his experience and the restlessness of his exploration led to his own self-clarification regarding the idea of a centre of Indian culture at Santiniketan.The centre as conceived by him was to provide “for the coordinated study of the different cultures”. As “music and the fine arts are among the highest means of national self expression… in the proposed centre of our culture, music and art must have prominent seats of honour”. This centre should not only be a centre of the intellectual life of India but the centre of the economic life as well. Participating thus in all the major spheres of Indian life, the institution would attain a representative character and enter into an encounter with the rest of the world.The institution chose for its motto the Vedic text “Yatra visvam bhavtyekanidam” (where the world makes a home in a single nest). On 23 December 1921 Visva-Bharati became a registered public body which adopted a constitution of its own. The aims and object as set forth on the occasion have since then remained the objectives of Visva-Bharati.
Shantiniketan, Birbhum, West Bengal, India, 731235
Click above to download
the vacancy details