Assistant Professor , Jobs & Vacancy in Education at Punjabi University, Patiala Jul 2012
Job or Vacancy Description:
Applications on prescribed form are invited for the following posts so as to reach the Deputy Registrar (Establishment) -1, Punjabi University, Patiala-147002 by 23/07/2012 :
Assistant Professor : 13 posts in various subjects, Pay Scale : Rs.15600-39100 grade pay Rs.5400/-
How to Apply : Application in the prescribed format should be send with a DD of Rs.500/- in favour of Registrar, Punjabi University, Patiala payable at Patiala There are some more non-teaching posts also available
1. The University has scaled new heights in the direction of strengthening and spreading the religious ethos and quintessence, particularly that of Sikhism. Earlier having established a full-fledged Department
2. The Encyclopaedia, inter alia, contains complete details about Sikh history, philosophy, theology, art and architecture, customs, ceremonies and shrines etc. The work having undergone several reprints testifies to the authenticity and catholicity of its contents,upsc notifications
3. The Encyclopaedia has now been put online to widen its horizon among religious scholars around the globe. Keeping the objective of wider deliverance of the divine message of Guru Granth Sahib, the University has now framed a design for the on-line teaching of Guru Granth Sahib in a simple and interactive manner by using multimedia tools and techniques.
4. Earlier, the University established a separate and specialized Department of Gurmat Sangeet, aimed at propagation and preservation of Gurubani through the exclusive genre of devotional music. It also aimed at providing an academic and scholastic base to this original and unique musical tradition in addition to creating awareness about its transcendental quality across diverse cultures.
5. In addition to accelerating the pace of meeting its primary obligation to fostering the academic, intellectual and scholastic standards, the University has been making genuine and unstinted efforts for the rural upliftment of society through various means.
6. This has also been done to tackle the problem of considerably low percentage of rural students (0.4%) getting higher education as a consequence of low quality education and utterly poor socio-economic conditions of these ruralites.
7. The starting of six-year integrated course in Engineering at the Yadavindra College of Engineering at Talwandi Sabo is a pioneer step of the University to reach the unreachable and the uncared-for. The students enrolled for this course hail from the poorest sections of the rural population in the most backward region of Punjab.
Tentative Last Date : 23-07-2012
About the organization:
Established on April 30, 1962 in the erstwhile princely state of Patiala with the main objective of furthering the cause of Punjabi language, art and literature, Punjabi University has since evolved into the largest University in the state. Spread over 600 acres of land, its 500 teachers are imparting instruction and guidance to nearly 9,000 students in a multi-faceted, multi-pronged and multi-faculty environment comprising 65 Teaching and Research Departments on its Campus, five Regional Centres, six Neighbourhood Campuses and 166 Colleges affiliated to it. A mutually-stimulating qualitative and quantitative swing in the direction of overall improvement marks the dynamics and mechanics of Punjabi University. Its multi-dimensional expansion has not only been quick-paced but steady, sustained and seamless, with each front paving way for the other. It didn’t come across any cul de sac with unstinted support ever-forthcoming from its committed and resolute faculty. “Unprecedented and unique landmarks”,
Click above to download
the vacancy details