Assistant Professor, Jobs & Vacancy in Education at West Bengal University of Animal & Fishery Sciences , Kolkata Feb 2013
Job or Vacancy Description:
West Bengal University of Animal & Fishery Sciences (WBUAFS) invites applications for recruitment from the Indian Nationals for the following posts of Assistant Professor :
Assistant Professor : 08 posts in various subjects, Pay Scale : Rs. 15600 – 39100 AGP Rs. 6000/-
Application Fee : A crossed Demand Draft of Rs. 1000/- (Rs.250/- for SC/ST Categories) only drawn in favour of `Finance Officer, WBUAFS’ drawn on any nationalized bank payable at Kolkata.
How to Apply : Complete 7 sets of application forms in the given format along with attested copies of testimonials (All sets) should reach to the Registrar (Actg.) West Bengal University of Animal & Fishery Sciences, 68, Kshudiram Bose Sarani, Kolkata – 700037
1. A minimum of Master’s degree in a subject/discipline (required for the particular post) of the concerned faculty having at least 55% marks throughout the career in aggregate
2. For the candidates having Master’s degree, National Eligibility Test (NET) shall remain compulsory along with one publication in National Academy of Agricultural Sciences, (NAAS), New Delhi rated referred journal for recruitment to the post of Assistant Professor and equivalent in the disciplines in which NET is conducted.latest andhra govt jobs
3. A crossed Demand Draft of Rs. 1000/- (Rupees one thousand) (1/4th of Rs. 1000/- for SC/ST Categories) only drawn in favour of `Finance Officer, WBUAFS’ drawn on any nationalized bank payable at Kolkata should be attached with the application.
4. University reserves the right to alter/modify or cancel any condition/post at any stage without assigning any reason. Persons already employed should apply through proper channel, an advance copy of the same may be sent directly to the Registrar (Actg.).
5. Leptospirosis in canines (stray and pet dogs) is highly prevalent in and around Kolkata city. It has been established by sero-diagnosis i.e. MAT. Considering it’s high prevalence among pet dogs, health awareness of pet owners must be considered as leptospirosis has a very significant zoonotic importance.
Tentative Last Date: 08-03-2013
About the organization:
The West Bengal University of Animal & Fishery Sciences was established on January 2, 1995 by a Legislative Act (West Bengal University of Animal & Fishery Science Act-VI,1995). Before this, veterinary education in the state was imparted by Bengal Veterinary College, a premier institution of the country which was established in 1893. It was the second oldest veterinary college in the country and the college was expanded, enriched and functioned under the University of Calcutta until 1974. In 1974, the college was merged with Bidhan Chandra Krishi Vishwavidyalaya in Mohanpur, district Nadia, as the Faculty of Veterinary and Animal Sciences.The livestock and fisheries sectors are fast developing in the Country for which the pressure on land is massive in inclined state all over the India. During, 2008-2010, the livestock and fisheries sectors contributed approximately 5% of the total Gross Domestic Product (GDP) and about 27% value of the output from agriculture, animal husbandry and allied ventures. Livestock production has been growing faster than any agricultural sub-sector and it is foreseen by 2020,
West Bengal University of Animal & Fishery Sciences (WBUAFS)
68, Kshudiram Bose Sarani, Kolkata – 700037
Click above to download
the vacancy details