Advt. No.: 01/2016/Act App/CW/PER
Office of the
Chief Workshop Manager, Carriage & Wagon Works,
COMBINED NOTIFICATION NO. 1/2016/Act App/CW/PER for Engagement of Act Apprentices under Apprentices Act 1961
Sub: Engagement of Act Apprentices (in the stream of Freshers and Ex.ITI) under Apprentices Act 1961 — Carriage & Wagon Works/Perambur, Loco Works/Perambur, Chennai Division, Engineering Workshop/Arakkonam Electrical Workshop/Perambur and Railway Hospital/Perambur
Applications are invited in the prescribed proforma which can be downloaded in website www.sr.indianrailways.gov.in from eligible candidates for engagement as Act Apprentices under Apprentice Act 1961 for the year 2016-17 at Carriage and Wagon Works/ Perambur. Loco Works/Perambur, Chennai Division, Engineering Workshop/Arakkonam, Electrical Workshop/Perambur and Railway Hospital/Perambur in the stream of Freshers and Ex. ITI in the designated trades subject to their fulfilling the conditions specified below.
Post Name- Act Apprentices
No. of Vacancy- 862 Posts
Pay Scale- Rs. 5700/- (Per Month)
Name of Trades:
- Mechanic (Motor Vehicle)
- Wire man
- Winder (Armature)
- Cable jointer
- Mechanic (HT, LT equipment & cable jointing)
- Medical laboratory technician
- Diesel mechanic
- Refrigeration & Air-conditioning mechanic
- Electronics mechanic
- Programming / System Administration Assistant
- The candidate should submit one application only for all the Trades/Units. He/She should apply either for Fresher or Ex.ITI category.
- Administration reserves the right to allot the selected candidate to any of the units. Units/Trades once allotted will be final and request for change will not be entertained.
- Academic/Technical qualifications acquired through recognized Boards/Institutes will only be considered.
- Diploma Holders/Engineering Graduates/Course Completed Act Apprentices will not be considered.
- Candidates applying for Ex.ITI category should possess ITI qualification in the relevant trade at the time of applying itself. The applications of the candidates without attested copy of SCVT/NCVT certificate in the relevant ITI trade will be rejected.
- Recent Passport size colour photograph should be affixed in the space provided in the application form and attested by a Gazetted officer. Photostat copy of Photo is not permitted. Administration may reject the application at any stage for pasting old/unclear photograph on the application or if there is any variation between the photograph pasted in the application and actual physical appearance of the candidate. Candidates are advised to keep sufficient copies of the same photograph ready for future purpose.
How to Apply Southern Railway Vacancy: Interested Candidates may apply in prescribed application form along with photocopies of relevant documents, Colour passport size photograph send to the Workshop Personnel Officer, Carriage & Wagon Works, Perambur, Southern Railway, Chennai – 600 023 or before 20.06.2016.
Important Dates to Remember:
Last Date for Submission of Application: 20.06.2016
click above to download
the employment notification