Last Date: 28 April, 2017
INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY ROPAR
Nangal Road, Rupnagar, Punjab-140001
Indian Institute of Technology Ropar, an institute of national importance, is in search of suitable Indian nationals for appointment to the following non-teaching (Administrative & Academic) posts on Direct Recruitment/ Deputation / Contract basis in the Pay Band and Grade pay indicated against each:
IIT Ropar Job Details:
1.Post Name: Junior Superintendent
No. of Vacancy: 03 Posts
Pay Scale: Rs.9300-34800/-
Grade Pay: Rs.4200/-
2.Post Name: Junior Assistant
No. of Vacancy: 03 Posts
Pay Scale: Rs.5200-20200/-
Grade Pay: Rs.2000/-
- For Junior Superintendent: Bachelors Degree/ Master Degree in any discipline from recognized University with at least 55% marks in qualifying degree.
- For Junior Assistant: Bachelors Degree in any discipline from recognized university with at least 55% marks in qualifying degree or Having typing speed of 40 w.p.m./ 35 w.p.m. in English and Hindi respectively on computer.
- Candidates can apply online by clicking on the link http://www.iitrpr.ac.in/staff-positions upto 28th April, 2017.
- After completing the online application, the candidates should take a print of the application form and the
same be submitted along with requisite application fee, if any and the self attested copies of educational
qualification and experience to The Joint Registrar (Establishment), Recruitment Cell, Room No.125, Indian
Institute of Technology Ropar, Nangal Road, Rupnagar- 140001(Punjab).
- In case hard copy of the application along with above enclosures is not received by the last date and time, the
same will not be considered.
- The candidate should fill separate online application for each post if he/she is interested to apply for more than one post.
- The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Good knowledge of computer applications (on word processor, spreadsheet, presentations, software etc. and
OS like MS-Windows, LINUX etc.) will be a distinct plus.
Relaxation of Age & Percentage:
- The maximum prescribed age for each post shall be the same as given against each post in the Recruitment Rules of the Institute. The age shall be determined as on the last date of the advertisement.
- Age is relaxable for five years for SC/ST candidates and three years for OBC candidates. Candidates belonging to other eligible categories shall have relaxation as per GoI norms.
- For direct recruitment posts, the upper age limit shall be relaxable up to five years in respect of the persons working in IIT Ropar on the posts which are in the same line or allied (Contract) cadres and where a relationship could be established that services rendered will be useful for efficient discharge of the duties in other categories of posts. The age concession shall be admissible only where an employee has rendered not less than three years continuous service. The candidates’ belonging to SC/ST categories shall have relaxation in age for additional five years.
- For regular employees of IITs who are educationally qualified can be considered for direct recruitment across the whole IIT system up to a maximum of 50 years of age.
- For the existing regular employees of IIT Ropar to be considered for promotion (as per numbers of posts, fixed/decided for them) the %age of marks in qualifying degree may not be insisted upon.
- Candidates serving in Government / Semi-Government Organizations / Public Sector Undertakings /
Autonomous Bodies must send their applications “Through Proper Channel”. The applications received
other wise will not be considered. However, an advance copy of application may be sent followed by the
original application “through proper channel”.
- The selected candidate(s) will be covered under the New Contributory Pension Scheme as notified by the
Government of India, Ministry of Finance vide notification No. 5/7/2003ECB&PR dated 22nd December,
- Candidates should send the Demand Draft of Rs.100/- for the posts from Sr.No.1 to 5 and Rs.50/- for the
posts from Sr. No. 6 to 8 as application fee in favour of the Registrar, IIT Ropar, payable at Ropar, Punjab. No fee is required for SC/ST/PWD and women candidates.
- Separate application along with application fee and requisite documents should be submitted on prescribed application form for each post applied for.
- Only such person who suffer from not less than 40% of relevant disability, would be eligible for reservation of PwD. Candidate has to submit relevant disability certificate as prescribed under PwD Act, 1995.
- The institute follows the reservation norms as per GoI rules for SC/ST/OBC/PWDs. Central Govt. approved list of SC, ST and OBC categories is applicable at IIT Ropar. Candidates seeking reservation benefits available for SC/ST/OBC/PwDs must ensure that they are entitled to such reservation as per eligibility prescribed in Govt. of India orders. They should also be in possession of the certificates in the format prescribed by GoI in support of their claim at the time of application. PWD’s will be entitled to all exemptions, relaxations, benefits as per Govt. of India guidelines.
- The number of vacancies indicated in the notification is tentative. IIT Ropar reserves the right to increase or decrease the number of advertised posts at the time of selection. Further, IIT Ropar also reserves the right NOT to fill any of the post advertised.
- Candidates shall have to produce original documents at the time of appearing in Test/Interview.
How to Apply IIT Ropar Vacancy: Interested Candidates may apply through Online the website http://www.iitrpr.ac.in on or before 28.04.2017.
Important Dates to Remember:
Last Date for Submission of Online Application: 28.04.2017
click above to download
the employment notification