Advertisement No. 8/2017
West Bengal Public Service Commission
West Bengal Public Service Commission (PSCWB) invites applications for the posts of 241 Assistant Professor & Head Master in Various Subjects. Apply Online before 25 April 2017. Qualification/eligibility conditions, how to apply & other rules are given below…
PCSWB Job Details:
1.Post Name: Assistant Professor
No. of Vacancies: 240 Posts
Pay Scale: Rs.15600-39100/-
Grade Pay: Rs.6000/-
2.Post Name: Head Master
No. of Vacancies: 01 Post
Pay Scale: Rs.15600-42000/-
Grade Pay: Rs.6600/-
- For Assistant Professor: Good academic record, with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade B in 7 point scale wherever grading system is followed) at the Master’s Degree level in a relevant subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent Degree from an accredited foreign University.
- For Head Master: Second class Master’s Degree with Honours Degree of an Indian University or equivalent qualifications and Five years’ teaching experience in a responsible post, preferably as the Head of a well-established modern residential Boys’ and/or Girls’ secondary school.
- The minimum requirements of a good academic record, 55% marks or an equivalent grade (Grade “B” B=Good: Grade Point 3.50 – 4.49; percentage equivalent: 55-64) in 7 point scale wherever grading system is followed at the Master’s level and qualifying in the National Eligibility Test (NET), or an accredited test (State Level Eligibility Test – SLET / SET), shall remain for the appointment of Assistant Professor.
- National Eligibility Test (NET) / State Level Eligibility Test (SLET) / State Eligibility Test (SET) shall remain the minimum eligibility condition for recruitment of Assistant Professor. Provided however that the candidates who are or have been awarded a Ph. D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009 shall be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of National Eligibility Test (NET) / State Level Eligibility Test (SLET) / State Eligibility Test (SET) for recruitment of Assistant Professor.
- National Eligibility Test (NET)/ State Level Eligibility Test (SLET)/ State Eligibility Test (SET) shall not be required for such Master’s Degree Programme in disciplines for which National Eligibility Test (NET)/ State Level Eligibility Test (SLET)/ State Eligibility Test (SET) accredited test is not conducted.
- A relaxation of 5% may be provided at the Graduate and Master’s level for the Scheduled Castes/ Scheduled Tribes / Differently-able (Physically and Visually differently-able) categories for the purpose of eligibility and for assessing good academic record during direct recruitment to teaching positions. The eligibility marks of 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribes / Differently-able (Physically & Visually differently-able) are permissible, based on only the qualifying marks without including any grace mark procedures.
- A relaxation of 5% may be provided, from 55% to 50% of the marks to the Ph.D. Degree holders, who have obtained their Master’s Degree prior to 19th September, 1991.
- The period of time taken by candidates to acquire M. Phil. and/ or Ph. D. Degree shall not be considered
as teaching / research experience to be claimed for appointment to the teaching positions.
How to Apply PSCWB Vacancy: Interested Candidates may apply Online through the website www.pscwbonline.gov.in from 05.04.2017 to 25.04.2017 till 12:00 midnight thereafter website link will be disabled.
Important Dates to Remember:
Starting Date for Submission of Online Application: 05.04.2017
Last Date for Submission of Online Application: 25.04.2017
Last Date for Submission of Fee Online: 25.04.2017
Last Date for Submission of Fee Offline: 26.04.2017