Last Date: 30 March, 2017
Inland Waterways Authority of India
Noida (Uttar Pradesh)
Jal Marg Vikas Project (JMVP) for capacity augmentation of navigation on National Waterway-1 is being implemented with the technical assistance and investment support from the World Bank. The Project period is six years and the Inland Waterways Authority of India (IWAI) is the Implementing Agency.
A Project Management Unit (PMU) has been set up under the charge of a Project Director for preparation and pre-appraisal activities pertaining to the Project. Project Implementation Units (PIUs) have also been set up at Patna and Kolkata for field level management and monitoring of the Project activities. The PMU is desirous
of engaging professionals for the PIUs at Patna and Kolkata, as per the details given below, on short-term basis for the project period, initially for a period of one year, extendable for further period of the Project as per requirement:
IWAI Job Details:
1.Post Name: Accountant
No. of Vacancy: 02 Posts
Pay Scale: Rs.35000/- (Per Month)
Educational Qualification: Graduate in Commerce or CA Intermediate Pass with knowledge of tally/ other accounting software.
Duties and Functions:
- Maintaining financial information at PIU level, reporting the financial information to PMU in order to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency. Oversee all accounting and reporting functions including financial reporting, accounts, accounts receivable/payable for respective region/cluster of Jal Marg Vikas Project.
- Drive the implementation of accounting and reporting processes, policies and tools.
- Ensure the closing and reconciliation of accounts and prepare all financial reports.
- Oversee execution of all accounting activates (general ledger, receivables, payables, invoicing etc.)
- Ensure compliance to relevant accounting system.
- Preparation of Annual Budget for the Project Implementation Unit (PIU).
- Control over Expenditure, Maintenance of Project Accounts and Ledgers and reporting.
- Preparation of financial statements at PIU level and send to Head Office (PMU) on quarterly/half yearly basis.
- Ensure implementation of accounting policies and procedures and compliance with accounting policies and procedures. Financial Record Keeping and Documents Management i.e. manage the accounting books and ledgers of the Project.
- Processing and scrutiny of Bills/Invoices for timely payments as per the terms and conditions of the Contract Agreement.
How to Apply IWAI Apply: Interested Candidates may apply in application along with photocopies of relevant documents & experience certificate send to the Project Director, JMVP, Inland Waterways Authority of India, A-13, Sector-01, Noida-201301(UP) on or before 23.03.2017.
Important Dates to Remember:
Last Date for Submission of Application form: 30.03.2017