SERC Advt No.: SE-1/2017
Structural Engineering Research Centre
Chennai (Tamil Nadu)
Structural Engineering Research Centre (CSIR-SERC), Chennai invites application for the post of 18 Scientist, Sr. Scientist & Principal Scientist. Apply Online before 03 May 2017. Qualification/eligibility conditions, how to apply & other rules are given below…
1.Post Name: Scientist
No of Vacancy: 11 Posts
Pay Scale: Rs.15600- 39100/-
Grade Pay: Rs.6600/-
2.Post Name: Sr. Scientist
No of Vacancy: 04 Posts
Pay Scale: Rs.15600- 39100/-
Grade Pay: Rs.7600/-
3.Post Name: Principal Scientist
No of Vacancy: 03 Posts
Pay Scale: Rs.37400- 67000/-
Grade Pay: Rs.8700/-
- For Scientist: M.Tech./M.E. or equivalent recognized Post Graduate degree in Structural Engineering/ Applied Mechanics/ Aerospace Engg./ Design Engineering working in the broad area of Structural Engineering and Structural Mechanics.
- For Sr. Scientist: M.Tech./M.E. in Structural Engineering/ Applied Mechanics/ Aerospace Engg./ Design Engineering with 2 years experience working in the broad area of Structural Engineering and Structural Mechanics OR Ph.D. in the broad area of Structural Engineering and Structural Mechanics.
- For Principal Scientist: Ph.D (Engineering) in the broad discipline of Structural Engineering/ Structural Mechanics with 3 years experience in the area related to structural health monitoring/ special and multi-functional structures/ computational mechanics/ earthquake engineering/ fatigue and fracture.
General information and conditions:
1.These posts carry usual allowances i.e. Dearness Allowance (DA), House Rent Allowance (HRA), Transport Allowance (TA) etc. as admissible to the Council employees and as stationed in Chennai. Council employees are also eligible for accommodation of their entitled type as per CSIR allotment rules depending on availability in which case HRA will not be admissible.
2.Scientists in Pay Band-3 and Pay Band-4 are also eligible for 2 additional increments (without DA) and Professional Update Allowance of Rs.10000/- and Rs.20000/- per annum respectively for PB-3 and PB-4.
3.Besides pay, these posts carry usual allowances as admissible under the Council rules. The total emoluments at the minimum of the scale for the posts at present is as follows (including House Rent Allowance as per VI Pay Commission) as applicable for the city of Chennai.
a. Scientist Rs. 18750 + GP of Rs. 6600 in the Pay Band PB-3 Rs. 15600-39100= Rs. 75,511/-
b. Sr. Scientist Rs. 21900 + GP of Rs. 7600 in the Pay Band PB-3 Rs. 15600-39100= Rs. 84,714/-
c. Principal Scientist Rs. 37400 + GP of Rs. 8700 in the Pay Band PB-4 RS. 37400-67000= Rs.1,28,206/-
d. Sr. Principal Sct. Rs. 40200 + GP of Rs. 7600 in the Pay Band PB-4 Rs. 37400-67000=Rs. 1,36,066/-
(The above pay are to be revised on implementation of VII Pay Commission recommendations)
4. In addition to the emoluments indicated against each category of posts, benefits such as reimbursement of Medical expenses, Leave Travel Concession, Conveyance advance and House Building Advance are available as applicable to Council employees.
5. The selected candidate under CSIR-SERC will be governed by the New Defined Contribution Pension Scheme of Government of India as made applicable with effect from 1st January 2004 and amended from time to time.
6. Scientists in CSIR are also permitted to undertake consultancy and sponsored R&D Project activity. These activities give them scope to earn consultancy fee and honorarium as per guidelines governing these activities. Opportunities also arise for foreign deputation for training/ presentation of papers/specific assignments etc.
7. CSIR provides excellent opportunities to deserving candidates for career advancement under Assessment Promotion Scheme for Scientists. (ref: www.csir.res.in by clicking “RAB” from the Home page).
How to Apply SERC Vacancy: Interested & Eligible Candidates may apply Online through CSIR-SERC website www.serc.res.in form 08.03.2017 to 03.05.2017. after submission of online candidates send Hard copy of the online application duly signed along with recent passport size photograph, attested copy of matriculation/ SSLC as proof of age/degree/provisional degree certificate, copies of mark sheets in a sealed cover superscribed “Application for the post of Scientist /Senior Scientist/ Principal Scientist/Senior Principal Scientist ” to Administration Officer, CSIR-Structural Engineering Research Centre, CSIR Campus, Post Bag No.8287, CSIR Road, Taramani P.O. Chennai 600 113 on or before 15.05.2017.
Important Dates to Remember:
Starting Date For Submission Of Online Application: 08.03.2017
Last Date For Submission Of Online Application: 03.05.2017
Last Date for Submission of Hard Copy of Application: 15.05.2017
click above to download
the employment notification