Chief Engineer,Chief Accounts Officer & Deputy General Manager, Jobs & Vacancy in Management at Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Limited, Bangalore Feb 2012
Job or Vacancy Description:
Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Limited (BMRCL), invites qualified and experienced personnel for a walk-in-interview for appointment to key senior and middle level management positions on deputation / contract basis :
1. Chief Engineer (Designs) : 01 post, Pay : Rs. 90000
2. Chief Accounts Officer (DGM) : 01 post, Pay : Rs. 55000
3. Deputy General Manager (F&A) : 01 post, Pay : Rs.55000
4. Officer (Property Development) : 01 post, Pay : Rs.40000karnataka government jobs
5. Stores Officer : 01 post, Pay : Rs.4000
Walk-In-Interview : Interviews for all the posts specified above will be held at BMRCL Head Office at 3rd Floor, BMTC Complex, K.H. Road, Shanthinagar, Bangalore-560027,
1. Candidates who have appeared for the Walk in Interviews held during January / February 2012 for posts advertised, need not attend again .
2. Prescribed qualifications are the minimum requirements and mere possession of the same does not entitle candidates to be called for interview.
3. The experience is post qualification and the minimum required. Mere possession of minimum experience does not confer any right for interview / selection.
4. Any canvassing by or on behalf of the candidates or to bring political or other outside influence with regard to selection/appointment shall be a disqualification.
5. Selection will be by a Committee constituted by the Competent Authority.
6. The candidates who are working with State Government Departments / Public Sector Undertakings may attend the walk-in-interview and if the candidate is selected, BMRCL will seek consent for deputation from the respective Organization.
7. Candidates appearing for walk-in-interview should down load application format attached, fill up the same and come along with all the relevant certificates, testimonials as prescribed for the post in originals and one set of Photostat copies for verification.
8. Any candidate found guilty of impersonation or submitting fabricated documents or making statements, which are false or incorrect or attempts to use unfair means for the purpose of recruitment, will be liable for rejection.
9. The candidate shall have to indicate his/her acceptance to the offer within fifteen days from the receipt of offer, if not, next candidate in order of merit will be offered the appointment on similar lines.
10. The candidates shall have to appear for interview at their own cost. Documents in support of qualification and relevant experience shall be submitted along with the Resume in the prescribed application format, at the time of interview. Non-submission of documents along with the Resume
11. BMRCL shall not be liable for any damage / injury / loss to the individual, if any, sustained during the entire recruitment process and journey. BMRCL reserves the right to assess fitness or otherwise of the candidates selected.
12. Interviews for all the posts specified above will be held at BMRCL Head Office at 3rd Floor, BMTC Complex, K.H. Road, Shanthinagar, Bangalore-560 027,Besides the above consolidated monthly salary, medical and personal accident insurance cover will be provided as admissible under BMRCL rules for all the above
13. positions, in addition to contribution to the superannuation fund and CUG mobile facility as per Rules. Conveyance and residential telephone facility as per Company Rules will be extended for posts at Sl. Nos. 1 and 2 only. However, the CTC indicated above includes these and other costs to the company.
Tentative Last Date: 31-03-2012
About the organization:
Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Limited (BMRCL), a joint venture of Government of India and Government of Karnataka is a Special Purpose Vehicle entrusted with the responsibility of implementation of Bangalore Metro Rail Project.Bangalore Metro, christened as “Namma Metro”, is poised not only to add to the beauty of Bangalore skyline, but will immensely add to the comfort level of travel. Besides this, Namma Metro will be a major environment friendly addition to the Bangalore City as it will significantly contribute to the reduction of carbon emissions. The project has an East-West corridor – 18.10 km long, starting from Baiyappanahalli in the East and terminating at Mysore Road terminal in the West and a 24.20 km North-South corridor commencing at Nagasandra in the North and terminating at Puttenahalli in the South. This is the First Metro rail project in India commissioned with 750V DC Third Rail on Standard Guage. The Bangalore Metro has been designed for a capacity of 40000 PHPDT (Peak Hour Peak Direction Trips). The number of passengers expected to travel on the metro everyday is estimated at 12 lakhs in 2013 and 19 lakhs in 2021.He obtained his Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering (first batch) and Master’s in Structural Engineering from IIT, Madras and was awarded the President’s Gold Medal in 1964. He joined the Indian Railways Service of Engineers in November 1965 and has grown from being a probationary officer to Member, Railway Board. During his career, he held various positions in the Railways, the prominent ones being Divisional Railway Manager, Chief Track Engineer, Chief Administrative Officer (Construction), General Manager of Central Railway. He superannuated in August 2003, after 38 years of service. His forte has been survey and construction of new railway lines, double lines, gauge conversions, mass rapid transit line at Chennai, etc., involving construction of bridges/viaducts on pile/well foundations, prestressed concrete/steel girders superstructure, tunnels, industrial workshops and sheds etc. As CAO(C), Bangalore, he commissioned about 700 kms of double lines and gauge conversions in the states of Karnataka, Tamil Nadu and Kerala in a span of 3 years. He has visited Japan, Germany and USA for training and inspection of Railway track equipments. He was deputed to Zambia Railways for 5 years. Besides being a Life Member/Life Fellow of many Indian Technical and other Institutions, he was conferred ‘Fellow of National Academy of Engineering’ (FNAE) in 2004 in the prestigious Institution of ‘Indian National Academy of Engineering’.’Fellow of Institution of Engineers’ and ‘Fellow of The Indian Institution of Bridge Engineers’.He obtained his Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering from Punjab Engineering College, Chandigarh in 1971. After working in B.A.R.C, Mumbai and Asst. installation Engineer in A.I.R, New Delhi for sometime, he joined the Indian Railway Service of Electrical Engineers (1975 batch) and has grown from being a probationary officer to Principal Chief Electrical Engineer, East Coast Railway, Bhubaneswar. During his career, he held various positions, the most prominent one being as Chief Electrical Engineer of Delhi Metro Rail Corporation for more than 8 (eight) years. He was associated with drawing up specifications, preparation of tender documents, invitation and evaluation of bids, selection of contractors, review of detailed designs, manufacture/installation, testing and commissioning of major sub-systems such as Rolling Stock, Electric Traction, Station Air-Conditioning and Tunnel Ventilation, Train Depot construction and equipment installation. He was also responsible for maintenance of rolling stock. Thus he was associated with DMRC Ist Phase project comprising of three lines of 65 Km length from CONCEPT TO COMMISSIONING from Aug-1997 to December 2005. Thereafter as principal Chief Electrical Engineer of East Coast Railway, he was heading a team of three Chief Electrical Engineers and host of other Electrical Engineers responsible for operation and maintenance of 200 Electric Locos, 25 KV AC traction distribution system and Electrics of coaching stock. He has visited a number of Metro Railway and mainline Railway Systems in Asia, Europe and USA during his career sparing 34 years. After taking voluntary retirement from East Coast Railway, he joined as Director (R.S.E), Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Ltd., on 25th June 2007.
Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Limited (BMRCL)
3rd Floor, BMTC Complex, K.H. Road, Shanthinagar, Bagalore-560027
Click above to download
the vacancy details