Accountant, Jobs & Vacancy in Others at Department of School Education, Chandigarh Aug 2012
Job or Vacancy Description:
Applications are invited from candidates for filling up the post of Block / Urban unit Accountant on contractual basis in the above mentioned blocks/ urban unit / urban units under the respective District Project Offices, Sarva Siksha Mission :
1. South 24-Pgs: one for each block/ urban unit viz.
2. North 24-Pgs.
5. Purba Medinipur
6. Paschim medinipur
14. North Dinajpur
Age : 21 years and less than 37 years as on 1st September, 2012.
How to Apply : Completed applications will be received through a drop box kept at concerned DPO,
1. The list of Blocks district wise, postal address of DPOs and the website where the detailsof the district recruitment are available is given separately. The details for Kolkata andSiliguri are available on www.wbsed.gov.in only.
2. Applications are invited from candidates for filling up the post of Block / urban unitAccountant on contractual basis in the above mentioned blocks/ urban unit / urban unitsunder the respective District Project Offices, Sarva Siksha Mission.
3. Applicants may apply if they have a B.Com(Hons) degree under regular course from anyrecognized Indian University and hold of certificate of efficiency in Computer covering M SOffice and Tally Accounting system with at least two years experience in accounting andaudit job in Govt./any organization / firm of repute or in any Govt sponsored project havingcomputer environment.
4. Age should be from 21 years to less than 37 years as on 1st September, 2012.Retired Govt. employee having the above qualifications and experience and not more than
62 years of age as on 1st September, 2012 may also apply.Selected candidate for the Districts excluding Kolkata will be posted in a CLRC situated inthe respective block and their jurisdiction of work will cover the schools within the saidblock.
5. They will visit schools for at least 15 days in each month and will be accountable toCircle Project Co-ordinator of the CLRC. For Kolkata, the postings will, for the present, beat the District Project Office and they will visit the schools as per arrangements to bedecided by the authorities.
6. The applicant can apply for one block/ urban unit only and must be resident of theconcerned district. The applicant shall submit a declaration and give an undertaking that “Ihave applied for one block/ urban unit only i.e.for____________block / urban unit and inthe event it is found I have applied for more than one block/ urban unit my candidature isliable for cancellation”.
7. If for any block, / urban unit the no. of applicants exceeds ten, then ten applicants havingthe requisite qualification and experience will be screened and short listed on the basis ofmarks obtained in B Com (Hons) only.They will be called to appear for computer efficiency test and on evaluation ofqualifications, experience and computer efficiency test maximum three candidate will becalled for interview and then the panel of three will be published but the said panel will betreated as cancelled as soon as the post is filled up.
8. Ten Candidates screened on the basis of B Com (Hons) marks for each block / urban unitwill be allowed weightage for higher qualification if any of M Com / Inter C A /Inter ICWA.Applicant is required to apply to the concerned District Project Officer, Sarva SikshaMission, in prescribed proforma along with all copies of documents duly self attested andwith a recent color photograph duly self attested and pasted in proper place of theapplication.
Tentative Last Date:04-09-2012
About the organization:
The School Education Department is responsible for implementation of West Bengal government’s vision and mission in primary, secondary and higher secondary education. The department as the nodal body has nine distinct entities which look after various aspects of school education for the state. Some of the entities have specific tasks like conducting examination, text book/curriculum preparation (boards and councils), inspection (inspectorate), recruitment of teachers/staff (service commission), execution of projects and schemes (project office), preparation of teaching/training/research material (state council of education and research). All the entities also have the regular budgeting, auditing, recognition/affiliation/up-gradation of schools, legal affairs and other employee related HR activities. The vision of the School Education Sector is to ensure universalization of Primary, Elementary, Secondary and Higher Secondary Education and to ensure quality education for Human Resource Development.The objective of this sector is to ensure 100 percent NER for Primary Education within 2008-09, 100 percent NER for Elementary Education within 2010-11 & 100 percent NER for Secondary Education within 2014-15. Simultaneously quality of learning to be enhanced.Strategies of the School Education Department in order to Universalize the School Education from Primary to Higher Secondary level are as follows :-To ensure enrolment at the higher secondary level of all students who pass secondary level To ensure enrolment of the 100% girls students specially the girls coming from backward, reserved and minority communities.To reduce drop out rates by improving retention rate.To ensure separate toilets for girls and boys.To ensure drinking water facility and water for other use.To ensure quality of education with the help of teaching, learning materials and aids.Recruitment of trained teachers and arrangement for training of all the existing teachers.To ensure proper training of teachers in regard tochild centric and participative teaching.To rationalize Pupil Teacher Ratio at the elementary level.Encourage Computer Education & Computer Literacy. To equip all the Higher Secondary Schools with Library and Laboratory facilities.As per the report of the NUEPA, drop out rate in average primary grades (I-V) was 11.55%. As per the trend, a decline of 5% in the drop out rate is expected during the plan period of 2008-09.In moving towards UEE, reduction out of school children and increase of enrolment, construction of 86.53% classrooms has been taken up against sanctioned target. 85.99% of para-teachers were appointed against sanctioned post.
Department of School Education
Government of West Bengal
Sarva Shiksha Mission (SSM) West Bengal
Additional Deluxe Building, Sector 9, Chandigarh 160009
Click above to download
the vacancy details