Specialist Officer (Assistant Manager), Jobs & Vacancy in Management at General Insurance Corporation of India, Kolkata Mar 2013
Job or Vacancy Description:
Online Applications are invited for the post of Specialist Officer (Assistant Manager) Scale-I in GIC
Specialist Officer (Assistant Manager) : 73 posts in various streams/ disciplines (Gen – 38, SC- 11, ST-5, OBC – 19), Pay Scale : Rs.17240-32640, Age : 21-30 years as on 01/03/2013. Relaxation in ages as per rules.
The selection for the above post shall be on the basis of shortlisting of the candidates based on Written Test and performance in Group Discussion and interview. Selection by written exam at 4 centres (Mumbai/ Kolkata/ New Delhi/ Chennai) in India on 05/05/2013.
Selection Procedure :
The selection for the above post shall be on the basis of shortlisting of the candidates based on Written Test and performance in Group Discussion and interview. The total marks for Written Test, Group Discussion and Interview will be 200. Competitive written examination will be held at 04 centres in India tentatively on Sunday the 5th May 2013. The candidate may choose any one of the following centres, which must be indicated in the Application Format clearly. No change of the centre will be allowed at a
Human Resources Department Corporation reserves the right to direct candidates to appear at a centre other than the one chosen by them for written examination without monetary assistance. Corporation also reserves the right to hold the written examination at some and not all the examination centres listed below depending upon the number of candidates and other relevant factors.
Application Fee : Rs.500/- in the form of Bank Draft from any nationalised bank payable at Mumbai in favour of General Insurance Corporation of India. No fee from SC/ST/PH/ Employee of GIC.psu jobs
How to Apply : Apply Online at GIC . Take a print out for the system generated application and send your Registration Slips with DD and other supportive document via ordinary of speed post only so as to reach latest by 08/04/2013 to The Advertiser, Post Bag No 781, Circus Avenue Post Office, Kolkata -700017, super scribing the Envelope as “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF ASSISTANT MANAGER ( SPECIALIST ) IN GIC Re”.
1. Non refundable Crossed demand draft of Rs. 500/- as Processing and Examination fees. (Rupees Five Hundred Only) by means of an A/c Payee Demand Draft in favour of “GENERAL INSURANCE CORPORATION OF INDIA”, payable at Mumbai,
2. The DD details (if applicable) and valid e-mail ID are mandatory fields without which applications will not be registered.
3. Click on “Apply Online” to fill up the application form. Note that you must keep your Demand Draft ready with you before applying, as applicable. Enter your DD details / Cast Certificate issuing authority and date of issue, first. Please choose your nearest Written Test Centre.
4. After submitting online application, take printout of the acknowledgement slip, put signature and along with the original DD, as applicable, send it to the following address by ORDINARY or SPEED POST ONLY :The Advertiser, Post Bag No 781, Circus Avenue Post Office, KOLKATA – 700 017.
5. Candidates should take special care not to staple the Demand Daft. They should use pins for fastening all documents / demand drafts) and Self-attested copies of the supportive documents,
6. Please send your Registration Slips with DD and other supportive documents by ORDINARY POST / SPEED POST so as to reach latest by 8th April 2013 super scribing the Envelope as “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF ASSISTANT MANAGER IN GIC Re”.
7. Print the admit card with photo and carry the ADMIT CARD to the examination centre on the date and time indicated therein. Photograph affixed on the registration slip and admit card,
8. The candidature of such candidate whose registration slip along with documents is received after 8th April 2013 shall be rejected as Time Barred. GIC Re will not be responsible for any loss of email/admit card sent, due to invalid/wrong email id etc.
9. Caste Certificate in respect of SC/ST/OBC candidates is to be obtained from the following authorities :- District Magistrate / Additional District Magistrate / Collector / Deputy Commissioner / Additional Deputy Commissioner / Deputy Collector
10. For claiming reservation under OBC category, candidate should belong to such Caste or Community which are common to both the lists in respect of Mandal Commission and the State Governments list from the State of his origin (as per the list published by the Central Government).
Tentative Last Date :31-03-2013
About the organization:
The entire general insurance business in India was nationalised by General Insurance Business (Nationalisation) Act, 1972 (GIBNA). The Government of India (GOI), through Nationalisation took over the shares of 55 Indian insurance companies and the undertakings of 52 insurers carrying on general insurance business. General Insurance Corporation of India (GIC) was formed in pursuance of Section 9(1) of GIBNA. It was incorporated on 22 November 1972 under the Companies Act, 1956 as a private company limited by shares. GIC was formed for the purpose of superintending, controlling and carrying on the business of general insurance. As soon as GIC was formed, GOI transferred all the shares it held of the general insurance companies to GIC. Simultaneously, the nationalised undertakings were transferred to Indian insurance companies. After a process of mergers among Indian insurance companies, four companies were left as fully owned subsidiary companies of GIC (1) National Insurance Company Limited, (2) The New India Assurance Company Limited,
General Insurance Corporation of India (GIC)
(A Public Sector Undertaking)
Click above to download
the vacancy details