Last Date: 20th October, 2017
Inland Waterways Authority of India
Noida (Uttar Pradesh)
Jal Marg Vikas Project (JMVP) for capacity augmentation of navigation on National Waterway-1 is being implemented with the technical assistance and investment support from the World Bank. The Project period is six years as on 30.06.17 and the Inland Waterways Authority of India (IWAI) is the Implementing Agency. IWAI is also engaged in introduction of innovative and environment friendly modes of transportation, which includes LNG powered inland transport vessels and low draft vessels.
A Project Management Unit (PMU) has been set up under the charge of a Project Director to assist IWAI in preparation and pre-appraisal activities and in execution of the Project. Project Implementation Units (PIUs) have also been set up at Patna and Kolkata for field level management and monitoring of the Project activities. The PMU is desirous of engaging a professional for the Project Management Unit at Noida, as per the details given below, on short-term basis for the project period, initially for a period of three years, extendable for further period of the Project as per requirement:
IWAI Job Details:
Post Name: Specialist (Social Development)
No. of Vacancy: 01 Post
Pay Scale: Rs.60000/- (Per Month)
Educational Qualification: Master’s Degree in Social Work/Sociology/Anthropology/Urban & Regional Planning.
Role of Specialist (Social Development):
- Overall responsibility for overseeing the preparation, implementation and monitoring of Social Impact Assessment (SIA) and Resettlement Action Plans (RAPs) and Communication Strategy and implementation of communication action plan.
- Support Project Director to respond to queries from stakeholders.
- Organize and facilitate consultations and workshops with stakeholders.
- Prepare minutes and proceedings of consultations.
- Maintain and update the computerized data base related to the delivery of Resettlement Entitlements and generation of periodical progress reports.
- Manage Consultants responsible for the preparation of RAP.
- Review the output of Consultants.
- Coordinate with State Revenue Departments to implement land acquisition.
- Undertake field visits and organize focus group discussions with settlements around fixed terminals and others that may be affected by project and ancillary activities.
- Coordinate the meetings of various committees established for the implementation of Resettlement plans.
- Undertake field visits as appropriate to review the progress at ground level.
- Manage the resettlement impact assessment studies and other studies related to Resettlement.
Terms & Conditions:
- Terms of Reference (ToR) for the above position is attached. This is not an employment, but only a consultancy for JMVP and for the Project period. The selected professional will be engaged on purely short-term contract basis for the delivery of services. The professional will be required to work on full-time basis and will not be permitted to take up any other assignment during the consultancy with the PMU.
- The selected Specialist will be paid a consolidated monthly remuneration of Rs.60,000/-. The consolidated remuneration includes all taxes leviable. Selection will be made based on academic qualifications, merit and experience in the related field and working knowledge, preferably on World Bank Projects.
- The curriculum vitae containing information with reference to each item of ToR, along with credentials in relation to the prescribed qualifications and experience, should be addressed to the Project Director (JMVP) and must reach in a sealed envelope at the above mentioned address by post or by hand on or before 20th October, 2017.
- The Project Director, JMVP reserves the right to accept or reject any or all applications and to cancel the applications under process at his discretion and his decision shall be final and binding.
How to Apply IWAI Vacancy: Interested Candidates may apply in application form along with curriculum vitae, qualifications and experience submit to the Project Director (JMVP) Inland Waterways Authority of India on or before 20.10.2017.
Important Dates to Remember:
Last Date for Submission of Application form: 20.10.2017
click above to download
the employment notification