INDIAN FOREST SERVICE EXAMINATION, Jobs & Vacancy in Others at Union Public Service Commission, Delhi Mar 2013
Job or Vacancy Description:
INDIAN FOREST SERVICE EXAMINATION (IFS) , 2013
The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) will hold the Indian Forest Service (IFS) Examination 2013 for recruitment to the Indian Forest Service Officers commencing from 26/05/2013. The pattern of the Indian Forest Service Examination 2013 has been changed and candidates for IFS Examination 2013 needs to appear in the Indian Civil Service Examination (Preliminary) 2013 for the same. Therefore candidates needs to apply for Indian Civil Service Examination 2013 to appear in Indian Forest Service Examination 2013
Age : Not less than 21 years and not more than 30 years as on 1st August 2013. The upper age is relaxable for SC/ST/OBC and certain other categories of candidates to the extent specified in the Notice.
Educational Qualification: Bachelor’s degree of any recognised university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering or an equivalent qualification.
Physical Standards: Candidates must be physically fit according to the Regulations given in notice.employment news
Number of attempts: The maximum number of attempts permissible to different categories of aspirants, who are otherwise eligible, will be as (i) General Category – 4 attempts, (ii) OBC – 7 attempts (iii) SC/ST – No limit
selection process: The preliminary Examination will consist of two papers of Objective type (multiple choice questions) and carry a maximum of 400 marks in the subjects set out in subsection (A) of Section II. This examination is meant to serve as a screening test only; the marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination by the candidates who are declared qualified for admission to the Main Examination will not be counted for determining their final order of merit. The number of candidates to be admitted to the Main Examination will be about twelve to thirteen times the total approximate number of vacancies to be filled in the year through this examination. Only those candidates who are declared by the Commission to have qualified in the Preliminary Examination in the year will be eligible for admission to the Main Examination of that year provided
they are otherwise eligible for admission, to the Main Examination.
Fee: Candidates applying (excepting Female/SC/ST/PH candidates who are exempted from payment of fee) for Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination are required to pay a fee of Rs.100/- either by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of SBI, State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur/State Bank of Hyderabad/State Bank of Mysore/State Bank of Patiala/ State Bank of Travancore or by using Visa/ Master Credit/ Debit card.
How To Apply: All applications must apply Online Candidates are required to apply online only by using the website www.upsconline.nic.in Brief instructions for filling up the online Application Form have been given in Appendix-II. Detailed instructions are available on the above mentioned website. The eligible candidates shall be issued an e-Admission Certificate three weeks before the commencement of the examination.
1. The Union Public Service Commission will hold the Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination, 2013 on 26th May, 2013. This Preliminary Examination will be common for the candidates applying for Civil Services Examination and Indian Forest Service Examination, and will act as a screening mechanism for selection of candidates for the Civil Services (Main) Examination and Indian Forest Service (Main) Examination.
2. Candidates are required to apply through online mode in the Commission’s No other mode is allowed for submission of application. The commencement of filling online application shall start
3. Candidates are requested to note that there are some changes in the scheme of Civil Services [Main] Examination and also in the scheme of Indian Forest Service Examination. While for the Civil Services Examination, it is in the basic content of the Main Written Examination wherein changes have been made by the government, in the Indian Forest Service Examination,
4. Detailed Notices of Civil Services Examination and India Forest Service Examination are being published in the Employment News/Rozgar Samachar shortly.
5. While submitting online applications for Civil Service (Preliminary) Examination, the candidates will have the option to choose either the Civil Services or Indian Forest Service or both..
6. Candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfill all eligibility conditions for admission to the Examination. Their admission at all the stages of the examination will be purely provisional subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions.
7. Candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes and the Other Backward Classes who are also covered under any other clauses of para above, viz. those coming under the category of Ex-servicemen, persons domiciled in the State of J & K,
8. The candidate should exercise due care while entering their date of birth in column 3 of the Application Form for the Preliminary Examination. If on verification at any subsequent stage, any variation is found in their date of birth from the one entered in their matriculation
9. Candidates possessing professional and technical qualifications which are recognised by Government as equivalent to professional and technical degree would also be eligible for admission to the examination. Candidates who have passed the final professional M.B.B.S.
10. Candidates (excepting Female/SC/ST/PH Candidates who are exempted from pay- ment of fee) are required to pay fee of Rs. 100/- (Rupees Hundred only) either by re- mitting the money in any Branch of SBI by Cash, or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India/ State Bank of Bikaner& Jaipur
11. Notwithstanding the aforesaid provision for fee exemption, a physically disabled candidate will be considered to be eligible for appointment only if he/she (after such physical examination as the Government or the Appointing Authority,
12. Candidates are not required to submit alongwith their applications any certificate in support of their claims regarding Age, Educational Qualifications, Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes/Other Backward Classes and Physically disabled etc. which will be verified at the time of the Main examination only.
13. The eligible candidates shall be issued an e-Admission Certificate three weeks before the commencement of the examination. The e-Admission Certificate will be made available o
Tentative Last Date: 04-04-2013
About the organization:
Indianisation of the superior Civil Services became one of the major demands of the political movement compelling the British Indian Government to consider setting up of a Public Service Commission for recruitment to its services in the territory. The first Public Service Commission was set up on October 1st, 1926. However, its limited advisory functions failed to satisfy the people’s aspirations and the continued stress on this aspect by the leaders of our freedom movement resulted in the setting up of the Federal Public Service Commission under the Government of India Act 1935. Under this Act, for the first time, provision was also made for the formation of Public Service Commissions at the provincial level. The Constituent Assembly, after independence, saw the need for giving a secure and autonomous status to Public Service Commissions both at Federal and Provincial levels for ensuring unbiased recruitment to Civil Services as also for protection of service interests. With the promulgation of the new Constitution for independent India on 26th January, 1950, the Federal Public Service Commission was accorded a constitutional status as an autonomous entity and given the title – Union Public Service Commission The Union Public Service Commission has been established under Article 315 of the Constitution of India. The Commission consists of a Chairman and ten Members. The terms and conditions of service of Chairman and Members of the Commission are governed by the Union Public Service Commission (Members) Regulations, 1969. The Commission is serviced by a Secretariat headed by a Secretary with two Additional Secretaries, a number of Joint Secretaries, Deputy Secretaries and other supporting staff.
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)
Dholpur House, Shahjahan road, New Delhi – 110069
Click above to download
the vacancy details